Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Magazine #3

Pages: 1 2 62 replies

On 2005-12-03 11:06, teaKEY wrote:
The photo in the mag looked even better. I don't remember seeing the graphic of the side. I think I like it better without.

I've seen it in person, the purple/black metal flake is insane! The gargoyle doesn't stand out at much as it appears in the photo, more of a muted Geiger style. And it's airbrushed on. The photo must have been taken while they were in between paint steps... and it has crazy hydraulics that can raise the back end way up while dropping the front to the ground (70's style). Barris usually drives it to Paso.

R

On 2005-12-05 20:27, smogbreather wrote:

On 2005-11-14 15:30, Riptide wrote:
Just got my copy of Tiki Mag #3. What an awesome issue.

But, Jeez! After Hanford successfully booted Bong off Tiki Central, I open my new issue and I see Bong all over the damn place. He's the centerfold for Christ's sake!

I mean, why is he still into Tiki and play in a Hawaiian music band? Doesn't he know that he is banned from Tiki Central?

Hanford, can you please do something to get all of his tiki stuff taken away? Only people on Tiki Central should be allowed to have so many quality tiki items. When will Bong learn?

(at least he thanked Hanford...)

Are you serious? This is a joke, right? Let me ask that you're saying that "only people on Tiki Central should be allowed to have so many quality Tiki items" is an intended sentence. Please expose the joke to me - thanks!
Holden
Tiki Farm

Holden- Rest assured. My tongue was planted firmly in my cheek with a big dose of sarcasm. Bong is a good friend and Tiki Central sure hasn't been the same since his banishment. I quote Diamond Dave, "Where Have All The Good Times Gone?"

I think the fact that Nick & Tiki Magazine devoted so much space to Mr & Mrs. Bong proves that his knowledge of Tiki & Hawaiiana is something that Tiki Central will miss. Censorship is an ugly thing in any form it takes!

On 2005-12-05 22:08, Riptide wrote:

On 2005-12-05 20:27, smogbreather wrote:

On 2005-11-14 15:30, Riptide wrote:
Just got my copy of Tiki Mag #3. What an awesome issue.

But, Jeez! After Hanford successfully booted Bong off Tiki Central, I open my new issue and I see Bong all over the damn place. He's the centerfold for Christ's sake!

I mean, why is he still into Tiki and play in a Hawaiian music band? Doesn't he know that he is banned from Tiki Central?

Hanford, can you please do something to get all of his tiki stuff taken away? Only people on Tiki Central should be allowed to have so many quality tiki items. When will Bong learn?

(at least he thanked Hanford...)

Are you serious? This is a joke, right? Let me ask that you're saying that "only people on Tiki Central should be allowed to have so many quality Tiki items" is an intended sentence. Please expose the joke to me - thanks!
Holden
Tiki Farm

Holden- Rest assured. My tongue was planted firmly in my cheek with a big dose of sarcasm. Bong is a good friend and Tiki Central sure hasn't been the same since his banishment. I quote Diamond Dave, "Where Have All The Good Times Gone?"

I think the fact that Nick & Tiki Magazine devoted so much space to Mr & Mrs. Bong proves that his knowledge of Tiki & Hawaiiana is something that Tiki Central will miss. Censorship is an ugly thing in any form it takes!

AWESOME!!! I absolutely dig that!!! Especially so as I don't have to now defend my friends and the humor is so... perfect!!
Mahaloz,
H

Let's don't get Bong banned twice!
~ Now back to your local Tiki Magazine ~

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga 2005-12-06 00:06 ]

Yeah, it's a shame Bong censored himself.

Next time a sad, drunk, belligerent patron gets bounced from your favorite bar, yell at the top of your lungs "CENSORSHIP!".

On 2005-12-06 01:07, hanford_lemoore wrote:

Yeah, it's a shame Bong censored himself.

Next time a sad, drunk, belligerent patron gets bounced from your favorite bar, yell at the top of your lungs "CENSORSHIP!".

Can we get back on topic here!!

I haven't received issue # 4 yet.

Whut up ??

On 2005-12-01 17:14, DawnTiki wrote:
We already have a tiki beauty (Cherry's column) but who's representing the the tiki beast point of view? Could be Bong :wink: Oh well, it was just a thought :wink:

You mean a WWBD (What Would Bong Do?) column... I'm not sure I want to know :wink:

In any case, I am so proud to be a part of this incredible magazine and the Art Direction in issue #3 was over the top! But speaking of the advice column... don't forget to write me more fun questions!
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=12635&forum=1

Visit http://www.cherrycapri.com!

[ Edited by: Cherry Capri 2005-12-06 07:39 ]

H

Cherry, I want to know how to be on the cover of Tiki Magazine, any advice? :) :drink:

Just received my copy of Tiki Magazine #3 and this is without a doubt the BEST issue yet!! The cover is freakin' awesome!! Good job Doug. Are you going to make any prints available of this? The new look is fantastic. Nothing better than seeing the Polynesian Tiki Culture in glorious technicolor. The articles are very informative and highly entertaining. I absolutely love Beachbum Berry's article on the Don the Beachcomber waiter Ricardo. Also the article on Tiki Diablo was a great read. Good job Jonpaul!! Nice photos too!

A spectacular job Nick!! You definetly put some long hours into this one and it shows. Keep up the good work!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

D

On 2005-12-06 07:37, Cherry Capri wrote:

On 2005-12-01 17:14, DawnTiki wrote:
We already have a tiki beauty (Cherry's column) but who's representing the the tiki beast point of view? Could be Bong :wink: Oh well, it was just a thought :wink:

You mean a WWBD (What Would Bong Do?) column... I'm not sure I want to know :wink:

In any case, I am so proud to be a part of this incredible magazine and the Art Direction in issue #3 was over the top! But speaking of the advice column... don't forget to write me more fun questions!
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=12635&forum=1

Visit http://www.cherrycapri.com!

[ Edited by: Cherry Capri 2005-12-06 07:39 ]

I had a feeling that post might bring you out of hiding! :P

Hey Nick,

Ever thought about having an option for First Class mailings for those willing to pay extra? We did this for Cool and Strange Music magazine and it seemed to work very well. I would definitely be willing to pay a little extra for this feature and I am sure others would be as well. I received my copies on December 7th and printed on the mailer was "Please deliver before November 17th". I would say they were a little late. Anyway, just a suggestion. I think this would make a nice option for subscribers who want their Tiki Magazine as soon as possible.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

T

good idea I guess not for me though.

Just think , you aren't waiting any longer for your magazine than two months, cause your last one was late. And if this one is really late, that mean your next one comes sooner. Less than two months. Its all in how you look at it.

time is free

TT

Great issue again. I usaully hate receiving mail but seeing the Tiki Magazine envelope mixed in with all of the rest of my crap makes the heating bill not seem so big. Keep up the GREAT work.

E

Wow! I was so jealous reading bits and pieces of what was in this issue. Last night in the terrible blowing snow storm, my mail carrier arrived with my copy! WOOO HOO! Great job, they just keep getting better and better.
Thanks

K
kauno posted on Fri, Dec 9, 2005 11:01 AM

I too was just enjoying my copy of Tiki Mag while watching the snow storm here in NY. Great job on issue #3 Nick! Keep up the great work. Ahhh... the tropics abounds.

Kauno - Trader Extraordinaire

http://www.tikicargo.com

Pages: 1 2 62 replies