Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

I drank almost a quart of Eggnog tonite.

Pages: 1 11 replies

D

Please make it stop! I feel my double chin coming back big time WHILE drinking.

The holidays are great but Eggnog is just way too tempting. It's like your married to a woman and oh...let's say Jennifer Anniston comes along, strips naked, let's you have your way with her, and then kicks you in the balls and out of bed...just as your wife walks in the room and finds you. That's what drinking Eggnog is like. It's wrong. But as the saying goes-"if this is wrong, then I don't wanna be right". If it were up to me, and it is, I could drink the entire quart in one chug without stopping, and I'm serious about that. Same goes for Chocolate Soy Milk. Anyway, I drank the nog with Rum. You get really buzzed when you down a glass of it with the hooch. I just might as well mainline it into my system, because I'm probably drinking it at the same speed.

A

... if you chase a quart of egg nog with a quart of tequila, you'll lose weight... try it... it takes of few times to get the weight loss thing going, but just keep trying it... sooner or later you'll see results...

Or if you mix it with Ouzo, you don't have to wait more than a few minutes

D

... if you chase a quart of egg nog with a quart of tequila, you'll lose weight

mmmm....DEE-lish!

What is egg-nog? is just hot Advocaat? and how do you make it

nog has a UK origin, actually i think it originally meant a kind of ale.

all you would posibly want to know about egg nog, and wassail

Spent many a Christmas party downin' rum & egg-nog (usually warm and topped with a thin layer of nutmeg). After several of these tasty concoctions my decision making process becomes "unsound" and that little devil sitting on my left shoulder whispers in my ear..."we're not leavin' 'till we're heavin'". Uncontrollable projectile vomiting is one of the unfortunate side effects of downing too many noggers (for me at least).

D

."we're not leavin' 'till we're heavin'". Uncontrollable projectile vomiting is one of the unfortunate side effects of downing too many noggers (for me at least).

Oh man..that got a laugh outta me fer sure!

T

I have to agree that the stuff in the carton is tasty, but it is nothing like the real thing. A few years ago I decided to make a real eggnog from my vintage Esquire Drink Book which has several recipes, some going back to 18th. century America. The results were delicious and very potent, so it has become an annual tradition for me. Most of the recipes have a combination of eggs, cream, and booze. I have made eggnog with different combinations of brandy, rum, and whiskey. Usually the eggs are seperated and the yolks get beaten with the booze and are left in the fridge overnight. In some recipes the whites are beaten to soft peaks and folded in, while other recipes leave them out (egg whites make a much more fluffy eggnog). All have some kind of gently whipped cream add along with seasonings.

D

I have made eggnog with different combinations of brandy, rum, and whiskey. Usually the eggs are seperated and the yolks get beaten with the booze and are left in the fridge overnight. In some recipes the whites are beaten to soft peaks and folded in, while other recipes leave them out (egg whites make a much more fluffy eggnog). All have some kind of gently whipped cream add along with seasonings.

How come all the really tasty, addictive things in life have to have so much fat in them....DAMN!!!!1

personally, I don't like drinks that give me phlegm...

We've been experimenting with different rums in our egg-nog the past few nights, and last night I tried Cruzan Black Strap, which worked pretty darned well. Black Strap is a challenge to mix with, since its molasses flavor is so very strong. The egg nog put up a pretty good fight.

Pages: 1 11 replies