Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

More Resin knock off tikis...

Pages: 1 7 replies

B

Was doing a little XMas shopping this weekend and came across these at the Chrstmas Tree Shop in Manchester, CT. Its a knock off of the Toscano one, with a pineapplely top instead of the horned one. I seem to remember seeing these in mini sizes (like 1 footers) but this one is around 3 feet (+/-). Tiki is in lower right.

Aaaaaaahhhhh! I don't want to go. Look--they have Anne Geddes dolls!

They look like the same kind of resin Tikis that was advertised in those catalogs you find on airplanes. I think it was Air Mall.

The SkyMall catalog tikis are from Design Toscano, as Bargoyle mentioned. The Toscano ones are 2.5 or 3 feet tall, so they're about the same size. (A TC search on "Toscano" will bring up all kinds of threads about the tikis, and their knockoffs, and what they're knocked off from to begin with). Boy, the next generation of knockoff is going to look like a stack of sleeping Muppets.

Tiki devolution continues.

That one looks like a bigger version of the resin tiki they had at Big Lots earlier this year. It was about 12" tall and cost about $8.

On 2005-12-13 09:06, pappythesailor wrote:
Aaaaaaahhhhh! I don't want to go. Look--they have Anne Geddes dolls!

I was walking by a co-worker's desk earlier and noticed not one but THREE of those creepy dolls on and around her monitor.

Needless to say, I backed away slowly...

On 2005-12-14 12:14, joefla70 wrote:
That one looks like a bigger version of the resin tiki they had at Big Lots earlier this year. It was about 12" tall and cost about $8.

I couldn't pass it up. It is sitting in my patio.

Pages: 1 7 replies