Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Random Trader Vic's Merchandise

Pages: 1 5 replies

Trader Vic's sells all kinds of stuff, and what's available varies from location to location. This is one of the more unusual items I've seen for sale, a Trader Vic's disposable camera with designs from the menu. This is at the San Francisco Trader Vic's.

We got the back side from a reflection in a mirror. It lists the Trader Vic's locations (including Chicago).

We couldn't figure out the price, $22 seems too steep, and was more likely the price tag for a neighboring item in the case. We passed on the camera, but we did get some of their Chinese Hot Mustard powder.

M

Humu, what a strange amalgam of coincidences (there are no big coincidences and little coincidences, just coincidences!). I will be taking my nephew to SF Vic's tonight, I have shown him the light of the Vic's/Tiki way...and he sees it. Also...I am headed overseas for Christmas this year and need some disposable cameras. One place we're visiting, although they just told me "we're closed the 25th" is London Vic's. Wow, this is like Pres. Lincoln had a secretary named Kennedy and she drowned after a buggy accident off of Martha's Vineyard.

A further Xmas aside. Another nephew, the aforementioned ones' brother, made his first Vic's visit this year (Chicago), so he's getting a SF Vic's shirt for Xmas. Nice shirt, but it smelled of the Chinese ovens, reeked actually, took 2 days airing out and some Febreze to neutralize that funk.

Would be cool to take pics at London Vic's with a Vic's disposable camera, but we'll probably go to Walgreen's. Plus, those nice graphics from the menu, who'd want to dispose of it!?!

uncle midnite...doing his best to spread the Tiki word.

They sell them at London Trader Vics as well.

R

Found this thread today, and it is very interesting. This summer we visited the Emeryville location and found some things that weren't available at other locations. To wit:
--Reyn Spooner Trader Vic's Aloha shirts (rayon, but really light--feels like silk to me; several different patterns available.) My favorite was the one with all the different mugs and bowls and drink names on it.
--Baseball cap with shield logo and TRADER VIC'S EMERYVILLE embroidered on it
--honi honi cup
--small rocks glass with Trader Vic's shield logo and "TRADER VIC'S" underneath (smaller than the traditional mai tai glass)
--Scorpion mix, which apparently isn't on the website anymore
--Navy Grog mix
--drink bowls
--Skull mug (Hot Buttered Rum mix to go with it too)

We'd purchased some mugs while at the Atlanta location, but Emeryville was almost like hitting the jackpot. In stark contrast, the Beverly Hills location had nothing for sale souvenir-wise.

Am curious to hear what other souvenirs are available at other Vic's locations! The other thing I'm most curious about is... what different rums do they still make? Have only found the "Silver" but as the display case in Emeryville proves, they have had a number of different products over the years - am very curious to find out more about what current rum or alcohol products fall under the banner. It's odd that those are not on the TV website either.

Mahalo,
Rupe

M

Yo Rupe,

*We'd purchased some mugs while at the Atlanta location, but Emeryville was almost like hitting the jackpot. In stark contrast, the Beverly Hills location had nothing for sale souvenir-wise. *

Yeah, of the several Vic's I've visited Emeryville does have the widest selection, at least domestically. London has some good products, same for SF, while BHills is a bust. Chicago was sort of in between, like Atlanta. There is not any established protocol, given the ownership structure of Vic's. Emeryville is the "home" locale, and is actually owned by Vic's.

*Am curious to hear what other souvenirs are available at other Vic's locations! The other thing I'm most curious about is... what different rums do they still make? *

I've seen some variety in shirts and drinkware. The newest Spain Vic's has a huge offering, stuff I have not seen anywhere else: plates, clothing, etc... There's a website for it, it's mentioned here on TC someplace.

Lots of info here on Vic's rums, I am just not the person to answer this part.

Forbidden Island has hats now!
midnite

R

Found a great thread on the rums... although it's not been updated in a spell:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=2324&forum=10

~Rupe

Pages: 1 5 replies