Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Mancow endorses Trader Vic's

Pages: 1 15 replies

S

I didn't hear it, but Ms. Swanky's Dad says Mancow was saying how his friend William Shatner had taken him to Trader Vic's. Presumably the soon to be gone TV Chicago. Mancow then went on a rant about people wearing fake old t-shirts and phoney retro stuff, and said that they needed to get to TV. A place that is truly retro and cool and quirky and fun. He went on for a while and ended saying everyone should find out where the nearests TV is and go.

If someone wants to subscribe for $6, they can download the show off his site and maybe post it for us...

Mancow showed up last year around October or November on a Wednesday with his entourage... they were there to spend a ton on drinks and dinner and dined in the bar area.... Scorpion Bowls just kept coming... Just so happened that we had a Tabu Tiki Night that night. Kinda strange... he came in and left wearing this mask, a tiki head... I think he was trying to hide his identity or something from the general public.

He didn't pay any interest to what was going on for the most part... was involved with his entourage... and I'm not a star struck person so I didn't bother him. He did inquire me about my tikis for sale... wanted to haggle down a price on one... like he doesn't have the money...

I guess any positive publicity for Chicago's TV is a good thing... just a little late...

mancow sucks....regardless of whatever he has to say he's just an over-blown opportunist...down with him and up with howard stern!!! last of a dying breed!! accept no paltry imitations or 3rd rate charletans like mancow....yick!!

T

Who the hell is mancow?

T

On 2005-12-16 21:33, Lake Surfer wrote:
Mancow showed up last year around October or November on a Wednesday with his entourage... Just so happened that we had a Tabu Tiki Night that night.

Mancow is actually really into Tiki.

The night we saw him at Trader Vic's, he was there specifically for Tabu Tiki Night.

One of the people he was with that night is a good friend of mine (Derek, the male singer on my Left Orbit Temple stuff), and he told Mancow about TTN.

He plugged TTN on the radio a few times, and also did an on-air interview with me when TRT came out. He called me once to ask me to send him some Exotica compilations to play on his show.

Not sure how I feel about his on-air persona, but I can say that he really does dig the Tiki and has given the Chicago Tiki scene a few good plugs.

FWIW.

T

tikifish wrote:
Who the hell is mancow?

Maybe it's just my giddy mood, but I found this unbearably funny when I read it first thing this morning. By the way, I'm not able to answer the question with any authority, but I've got a feeling that it might be one of those things where ignorance is a kind of wisdom: "I don't know who mancow is -- and I don't want to know." Maybe those of us who don't know who mancow is can consider ourselves part of an elite corps, able to look down upon those who do. OK, now I'm getting silly.

Just my two cents.

I also don't know who Mancow is, so I'm guessing it's another one of those things that, for better or worse, we don't have on this side of the border, like Target stores. My hope is that he's something like the artist ManWoman, and embodies dualities of man and cow.

-Sweet Daddy T.
Because crap doesn't buy itself.

[ Edited by: Sweet Daddy Tiki 2005-12-17 11:08 ]

KK

ALoha everyone!
Yeah well, Mancow is a kook! But you have to respect the barney a little if he does support the "tiki" culture...He's an impotent Howard Stern rip-off but i'd sell him a Tiki (only if the chang bastard pays full kine price though!)

Mele kalikimaka!

On 2005-12-17 07:33, tikibars wrote:

Mancow is actually really into Tiki.

He plugged (Tabu Tiki Night)on the radio a few times, and also did an on-air interview with me when TRT came out.

I give him props for that and will withhold my other (less complimentary) comments, except that in Los Angeles, Lakers Reloaded has been taken off the air, in part, to all time for his show, which is an unforgiveable offense.

For those still looking for a simple explanation: Mancow is a syndicated radio personality.

T

On 2005-12-17 23:09, Rum Balls wrote:
For those still looking for a simple explanation: Mancow is ...

Oh, man! I was trying not to know. Like in high school when we had a computer science teacher (a new thing then) and her name was Mrs. Mo... something or other. My friend and I resolved to never learn her name. We called her "Mrs. Mahavishnu." Once in the rest room some other guys entered, discussing her class. I could tell they were about to mention her name, so I put my fingers in my ears and hummed.

Curiously, though, in my adult life I've always been a laggard when it comes to computer skills. I blame society for this.

[ Edited by: Thomas 2005-12-18 07:31 ]

On 2005-12-17 23:21, Thomas wrote:

On 2005-12-17 23:09, Rum Balls wrote:
For those still looking for a simple explanation: Mancow is ...

Oh, man! I was trying not to know. Like in high school when we had a computer science teacher (a new thing then) and her name was Mrs. Mo... something or other. My friend and I resolved to never learn her name. We called her "Mrs. Mahavishnu." Once in the rest room some other guys entered, discussing her class. I could tell they were about to mention her name, so I put my fingers in my ears and hummed. Even though this caused me to splatter my shoes a bit, it was worth it.

Curiously, though, in my adult life I've always been a laggard when it comes to computer skills. I blame society for this.

Thomas, I have no freakin' clue about what your talkin about, but yet I still found it interesting. :)
Damn Rum!

On 2005-12-17 06:55, tikifish wrote:
Who the hell is mancow?

He closed the SF-Oakland Bay Bridge during rush hour in 1993:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/1996/09/10/MN65554.DTL&hw=mancow&sn=004&sc=565

I remember that annoying stunt. I can't believe he is still around.

yes, I heard Mancow thinks that Trader Vics is the PERFECT place for a haircut!!

Mancow leaves LA radio (or atleast am570). Friday will be his last day on the air.

Pages: 1 15 replies