Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Tiki mug shrine on ebay

Pages: 1 25 replies

G

Aloha friends,
here is the finished tiki to display a favorite mug in. I had to put a reserve on this one because I won't mind displayin it for my own collection if it dosen't meet my reserve. Enjoy.

http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29460&item=739080224&rd=1

here are some close ups of the new tiki

Man Gecko, this one is top-notch! And Hula Hula already put a bid on it! Damn you Hula, this tiki's mine. You're going down...:)

S

Hey Gecko, I don't think you'll have any trouble meeting your reserve.

I'm going to try my best to add another carving to my ever growing Gecko collection.

T

Oh boy this ones looking to be a hot one! I'm curious to see who keeps thier word about bidding against friends! I'm sure we will see alot of familiar names bidding for this bad boy!

Thank God I don't like any of you TC'ers :wink: so I don't have worry about bidding against friends. :D

It would be hard to decide WHICH mug to put in there...maybe make a little plaque for underneath "Mug of the Month" and change it every month...or put a shrunken head in it, something of organic matter, to make it more pagan!
Or Crazy Al's topless hula nodder, a la "the one thing on his mind"...
Or something with a lightbulb in it, so it's like the Tiki had an inspiration...

T

Man, that is awesome Gecko. Great work.

G
GECKO posted on Fri, Nov 22, 2002 5:18 PM

Mahalo guys,

Yes I gave this guy a little more tlc. Not that I do not for all of mine, I just added intricate design of which takes time.

Sorry to those that have requested some hints. I haven't been able to post some words of wisdom for those of you just picking up the art of carving. Chikki is a great guy to ask also! I've seen his work at bamboo2u and he's great!

Big Bro wrote " put a shrunken head in it" We think alike. I have one drawn out to carve with a shrunken head. just haven't done it yet. I like the idea about the wahine nodder in it.

There you go for you freshman carvers, If I have a dream or thought of something about a carving, I draw it or write it down right away so I don't forget the idea and then put it in a folder such as this tiki shrine. I have so many ideas but haven't had the time or something else. I want to work on some carved coconut bar stools as well as 2 to 3 foot stumps and add cushions to them so you can sit on them.

well aloha! I got to get back to work!

Gecko,

That's a superb example of creativity & craftmanship. You keep coming up with superlative Tiki objects, all laid out here on Tiki Central. I just wish I lived somewhere where there shipping from Hawaii wasn't equal to a month's mortgage payment!

Trader Woody

Hey Hawaiian Lizard Dude,

In the words of Cathy Crosby,Fran Tarkenten and that other dude, That's Incredible!! Ahhhhhhh. I see you soon! 2003 we share drink!
aloohas

On 2002-11-22 20:59, the House of Bamboo Ben wrote:

Are you really Bamboo Ben's house? Tell us the truth- Does he make all that cool stuff or is the rumor that trolls make it in the middle of the night true?

Gecko I love that shrine. What a great idea. I know what you mean about the TLC thing. It like you can't help yourself and you keep going and going. When I make it to the islands, I'm gonna bring my chisels so we can do some tandem carving.

[ Edited by: thechikitiki on 2002-11-22 22:15 ]

Now a tiki collaboratively carved by Gecko and Chiki would be cool!

G

The secret is out no thanks to Atomic Cocktail, I am a fake, i have never carved a tiki....Menehunes come to my shack at night and carve the beautiful tiki's and I leave them some milk and cookies.

Hawaiian lizard dude....cute, ya bamboo bar makin dude. Hey I loved that show in the 80's(That's Increadible!). See ya next year at La Marianas, we'll have the ideal breakfast together....

ONE BUNCH BANANAS
ONE BOTTLE RUM
ONE PARROT
THE PARROT IS TO EAT THE BANANAS!

words from the creator Donn Beach, a.k.a. "Don the Beachcomber"

Chiki I'll have the CoCoNutz ready, you just bring the chizles and the quarter...
the quarter will be fliped on heads or tails to see who gets the tiki after it's done!

Trader Woody, that is so true about shipping! It's crazy! That's one of the things I hate about this state. That's to bad cus I would love to see one of my Tiki's in the UK! anyway's thanks for the props dude!

Here is my new mug that will be displayed in this tiki if it dosen't meet the reserve. tell me what you think Kailuageoff.

Wow...the last bid seemed to really push the price up!! Good luck on your auction..nice work!

T

Looks like that Hawaiian Village mugs gonna have to find another home... I see the reserve's been met. Hmmm I think this guys getting alittle out of my league. Congrats Gecko you certainly deserve it! Thatsa one-a beautiful-a tiki... eh?
Sorry I'm watching to much Soprano's

[ Edited by: tikimug on 2002-11-23 11:54 ]

wow :o 4 bills is way past my budget, good job , its still got a few days to go.

[ Edited by: hula hula on 2002-11-23 12:42 ]

R

Gekko, your work is incredible. Where are you in Hawaii? I'd love to see you work in person next time I make it to the islands...

G
GECKO posted on Sat, Nov 23, 2002 1:28 PM

HO, fartsatune I was not expecting that so soon brahda! anyone know dis guy? Is he a TC member? he must have a mug that really needs a good home?

well I guess you're right Tiki Mug, my Hawaiian Village mug has been evected!

I had an offer to end the auction befor my reserve was even met??? Wonderin' what this one will end up at??

Aloha friends!

If you look at his purchases he usually buys dinky toys???

G
GECKO posted on Sun, Nov 24, 2002 3:45 AM

Aloha Reever,
I stay in Kaneohe. 35 minutes from Waikiki. let me know when your on da rock. I'll show ya a few carvings or somthin'

Aloha

Howzit, Gecko...Your carvin's are tight like one finger poi, cuz! I was wondering, you still selling da kine Tangaroa carvin's you did for TC members a while back? If so, lemme know, Mahalo Nui Loa, Grey

G
GECKO posted on Sun, Nov 24, 2002 4:23 PM

ey howzit bradda grey,

Ya, I still got da kine. Just email me if you like order da Tangaroa Limited TC wall panel. I will give you da address. With shipping, $77 dollars total.

Mahalo
Gecko-

Can you post a picture of the wall panel?

S

This is the original thread:

https://tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=1046&forum=5

But the links to the images appear to be broken...so I linked to my copies of them.

Aloha Gecko,
Is that a papaya tree off your left shoulder in the background? Mmmmmmmmmmm. Fresh carvin snacks!!

G

yes, Rev. Ben that is a papaya tree you see. good eye! That nice orange one you see is no longer available because it became breakfast a few days ago! One of the things I love about being back on da islands, the fresh fruits!

Pages: 1 25 replies