Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: Artist Proof Test Glaze #002 Fatutu & ShrUnky

Pages: 1 3 replies

T

Well, the limited 100 Fatutu mUgs are near completion. Alene and I have been producing the mugs %100 on our own. I made my own molds from my sculpt, and each mug takes about 20-30 minutes to clean up after its taken out of the mold. Each one is cared for so delicatelly like they are our own babies. The only thing we're contracting out, is the firing, which takes a little bit of money, so to raise funds for finishing these mugs off, we've got these Artist Proof Test Glazed #002 up on ole ebay. These colors will not be used in the final production, so they are one of a kinds. If you haven't read about Fatutu, here's the link below:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=16658&forum=12&74
And the ebay auctions:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZtikiQ2etony
As for ShrUnky, I haven't officially launched him yet, as I'm brewing an interesting story that involves a little bit of mystery, magic, and an interesting piece of history.

Hey there Tiki Tony, nice work there, I really like the cool colors, with the black bleed thru. Also the glaze not being completely opaque gives a nice depth.

Splendid work indeed.

What sort of clay is that, Santa Barbara? or, maybe something with a bit more "grog" (yar) There is a sculpting clay making it's way into the high-fire world called "Grogzilla" which is more groggy than Sculpture Raku Clay...have you used that?

Cheers!

TM

Lookin' good bro....

Yeah, I really wanted to make sure to not goop on a thick glaze and lose all the depth in the actual mug. I still haven't figured out the perfect glaze yet, but I'm getting there. As for the clay... I'm kinda clueless. All I know is that it is porcalein, with shredded recycled newspaper to hold its shape while taking it out of the mold. The original sculpt was done with a buttery smooth porcalein that was so nice to carve when it got leather hard. This mug on ebay is high fire, but the limited edition 100 will be much lower fire, so it holds an even 12 oz. and I can get a more vibrant color!

Pages: 1 3 replies