Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

new Lono Tiki makau creation! (step by step process...)

Pages: 1 17 replies

KK

[ Edited by: kaha ki'i 2013-01-31 23:52 ]

J

Kaha ki'i
I enjoyed the step by step, very informative. Thank you for sharing!!!
JP

B

Kaha ki'i, ditto for me. the setup is a cool jeweler's style bench and jewelers tools. I Really love your stuff and this Step by step is Awesome. Thanks Big time.

WOW!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to photograph and explain the process which you go through.
I have a greater respect now for your beautiful work.

KK

Mahalo everyone! (Ben, Rodeo & johhny...) I thought you all would get a kick out of the process! I left out alll the hours of "in-between" time it takes to really do the nice finish work on Lono, But Im sure you all know how long it can take to make da kine right!

Mahalo again for all the aloha!

K
kirby posted on Thu, Dec 29, 2005 4:08 PM

awsome show, I realy enjoyed it, your work is supreme, keep posting...

O

Really nice stuff, So what would a piece like that generally cost? I love it but is it in my budget, just checking, hope you don't mind.

G
GMAN posted on Thu, Dec 29, 2005 4:42 PM

Me too, I see the fakes on Bay, but what does a REAL one cost????

-Gman

Beautiful Work! You make it look easy. Thanks for showing the process.

A-A

KK

Aloha again everyone! Well, to answer the price questions...Back home in Hawaii these makau can run from $250 to $350 (and sometimes higher) but I do have "mainland" prices and special pricing Ive put together for my bruddah's & sistah's here on TC. This particular makau due to its size should be priced fairly high (island & mainland price) but this one Im offering at an extremely makepono price for all members of TC which is only $175.00 (S&H not included). So, If any of you kanaka's would like to pick this buggah up or maybe place a custom order, just let me know anytime!

Mahalo to everyone for all the aloha and Im glad you all liked this post!

Malama Pono!!!

Beautiful work. That sort of material and craftsmanship is worth evry penny..

8T

Very very impressive! Your skill and ability are superb. It was like watching the birth of a baby tiki god.
A-1 quality work. thanks for sharing.

L
Loki posted on Fri, Dec 30, 2005 5:40 AM

All i can say is "WoW"

KK

Aloha and big Mahaloz to everyone who left the kind words and appreciation! Its been a real pleasure to become a part of TC and IM kicking myself in the okole for not joining sooner! I love all the artwork and boundless creativity Ive seen on this site and it warms this bruddah's heart to hear all the nice things all of you have to say about my work!

Mahalo again everyone!

Malama Pono!!!

M

Big MAHALO to you for sharing your processes here.

I have come to your website more than a few times in the past year or so and have always been impressed. Aloha to you and e komo mai to the TC-(CT) ohana.

D

KK

Mahalo again everyone! Check out my newest post to see another one-off tiki creation!

Mahalo again for all the kind words !

Malama Pono!!!

You must have a way to get ivory. I have heard of loopholes and conditions regarding the possession of ivory but I'm not sure what they are.
The artists here on TC are incredibly talented. It's awesome to be a part of this community.
Awesome work! I love that Moai you did.

Aloha Kaha Ki'i !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your carvings and your style is killer my friend. Thanks for sharing how you create a carving it was really cool!!
I hope you have a safe new year, and keep the aweasome carvings flowing, Aloha, Your friend , Mooney

Pages: 1 17 replies