Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Mai Kai rum barrel

Pages: 1 16 replies

for anyone that has access the Mai Kai is now selling tiki farm repro of their rum barrels inthe giftshop. I was there on on new years, the people in the giftshop said they just got them in that day. so if you want a good repro of the barrel you better hurry

V
virani posted on Wed, Jan 4, 2006 3:24 AM

Strange, I got 1 at the Mai Kai at the last Hukilau...

I gots one of them barrels at the Huki 2005 too.

But cooler was the MAI KAI mystery drink bowl they had - NOT by tiki farm. Sorta looks like the green ones they use in the Restaurant but in a rough brown glaze - NOT shiny.

All cool though

H
Helz posted on Thu, Jan 5, 2006 4:33 PM

I also picked one up at the Hukilau...but it was different than the one that MTM is referring to (I think). When I was at the Mai Kai on 12/19 they had these newer (Slightly lighter brown, Wider mouth, and Tiki Farm on the bottom) mugs available an Hazel told me they had gotten them in early the previous week. I didn't pick one up, but if I get a chance to, I'll post a pic.

J

I thought they always had them there in the gift shop. But even if they don't, I think you still can purchase the one you drink from at the bar. (At least you can with the Maru amu).

By the way, I'll be at the Mai Kai tomorrow for my birthday, so if anyone wants a rum barrell, let me know and I'll check and see if they have any. I'll be drinking down a few!

T

On 2006-01-06 12:45, joefla70 wrote:
I thought they always had them there in the gift shop. But even if they don't, I think you still can purchase the one you drink from at the bar. (At least you can with the Maru amu).

By the way, I'll be at the Mai Kai tomorrow for my birthday, so if anyone wants a rum barrell, let me know and I'll check and see if they have any. I'll be drinking down a few!

Any idea how much one would set me back? Would you be adverse to shipping to California? I can pay you by paypal or check.

On 2006-01-06 12:45, joefla70 wrote:

i too would love to get one of these. bullet

Not sure exactly how much they cost, but I think they are $10 or less. I was already there, but don't live very far from the Mai Kai. I could always make another happy hour trip soon and pick up a couple barrells for you guys.

Just saw the newly designed barrel the other night. I very much like the new wide mouth.
Its pretty much the same barrel with a slightly lighter brown paint job.

I'd really love a Mai Kai Rum Barrel, if anyone's willing to ship to Canada. I'd of course pay whatever the costs are.
When we were there for our honeymoon(Hukilau 2004) they didn't have any for sale. Drunken Monkey enjoyed a few rum barrels and was also sad to not be able to bring one home.

On 2006-01-10 11:39, Tikiwahine wrote:
I'd really love a Mai Kai Rum Barrel, if anyone's willing to ship to Canada. I'd of course pay whatever the costs are.
When we were there for our honeymoon(Hukilau 2004) they didn't have any for sale. Drunken Monkey enjoyed a few rum barrels and was also sad to not be able to bring one home.

Likewise for us poor souls in the UK. I'd love one if anyone's willing to ship to the UK (obviously we'll pay for the mug/ahipping etc)

On 2006-01-10 11:21, joefla70 wrote:
Not sure exactly how much they cost, but I think they are $10 or less. I was already there, but don't live very far from the Mai Kai. I could always make another happy hour trip soon and pick up a couple barrells for you guys.

I sent you a PM, sign me up!

H
Helz posted on Wed, Jan 11, 2006 4:57 AM

Well, I don't want to clean the Mai Kai out ala the Kahiki outlet, but I also would be willing to procure and ship a mug or two for the international Ohana.

Joefla70,

You'll have to let me know when you're hitting happy hour, so maybe we can meet up and have a drink! And anyone else in the area who want's to come along.

-Helz

L
Loki posted on Wed, Jan 11, 2006 5:59 AM

I might be up for a happy hour sometime...let me know...

J

Hi Helz and Loki,

Happy hour sounds good! Ya know, they do a complimentary sushi buffet on Wednesdays during happy hour.

By the way Helz, I saw in another post that you are looking for a suffering bastard bottle. When I was at the Mai Kai the other day, they had one. It was a beigh marbled color. (kinda looked like fake granite). Anyway, if you wanted it, maybe Hazel would put it aside for you if you called her.

I've got two different Rum Barrel mugs from the Mai Kai one is very heavy with "Mai Kai" painted on the side with no bottom markings(shown below):

The other has no markings on the bottom either, "Mai Kai" is in raised letters on the side but appears to be much more recent:

Any info anyone can share regarding these mugs would be appreciated.

S
Swanky posted on Mon, Apr 8, 2013 8:58 AM

As far as I know, you are correct. The second one was used up until maybe the 80-90s. The white interior means it is older. It became a brown interior most recently.

Pages: 1 16 replies