Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Wall of Tiki Farm (2008 Update - bottom of page 3)

Pages: 1 43 replies

T

One of my favorite posts ever was fatuhiva's Wall of Tiki. I've always wanted to create one of my own. After having all of my mugs boxed up for three months while my house is being rebuilt, I finally had the time and the space to free some of them.

Here's my Wall of Tiki Farm.

I grouped most of them by artist

and by location.

I had a great time putting this together, and there's plenty of room to squeeze in more mugs.

Chop or keep walking.

[ Edited by: Tiki-Kate 2008-06-01 15:16 ]

T

Nice way to display your collection. What is the one on the far left case, second shelf, and the far left on the shelf? It's gray in color. Thanks in advance for the info.

L
Loki posted on Sat, Jan 7, 2006 4:12 PM

That is just awesome. What a stunning look that has. Colors,designs, history and good times. I like the black shelves, it really makes the mugs jump out.

B

Awesome Looking Wall of tiki. You must be SO Glad to get those guys unboxed!!

Here is a picture of my Wall and table with duplicates and mugs that don't fit on my shelves. My collection got bigger than I originally expected, so now my shelves extend over my bed. I hope there's not an earthquake when I'm sleeping (but I have quakeputty on em all so hopefully they won't fall).

awesome display, kate.

Z

On 2006-01-07 16:09, tikiexpy wrote:
Nice way to display your collection. What is the one on the far left case, second shelf, and the far left on the shelf? It's gray in color. Thanks in advance for the info.

Tiki Farm's "Martin" mug. Sold out about a year ago, according to TF

M

Very cool collection you got! How many mugs is it? 100?

Here is what I have so far after 1,5 years of collecting. Not to much, but I´m workig on it... :D

/makutiki

[ Edited by: makutiki 2006-01-10 19:15 ]

M

[ Edited by: makutiki 2006-01-09 14:36 ]

T

On 2006-01-07 16:09, tikiexpy wrote:

Yep. It's Martin. It is sold out, but I picked this one up just a few weeks ago. My first Martin lost his nose. He actually ended up inside the car that drove through my house. The firemen rescued him.

Trevor and Maku, love your walls. Thanks for sharing them.

Ben, Loki and Brook, glad you like it. I haven't done anything tiki related in several weeks. Good cure for the withdrawal.

There are currently 104 items on the wall. All of my Shag Tiki Farm mugs are in other rooms and are firmly attached to their shelves.

Can't wait till the house is done, so I can start on the vintage wall.

F

very cool

I had limited space for my collection, and decided I couldn't house new mugs- so your wall of tikfarm is a nice complement to the 'wall of tiki' shots mentioned above.

There's getting to be alot of new mugs going around out there- alot of them out of production- and many of them very nice.. Sven's KonID mugs I couldnt resist and had to buy.

An all-encompassing collection would need alot of room!

G

Beautiful display. Thanks for posting the pics. You've built up quite a mug museum!

O

Dang Kate, that some collection..great to see it all coming back together..hope all is well with you.We missed you at New Years.

B
Bete posted on Sun, Jan 15, 2006 5:48 PM

Tiki-Kate, mukutiki and TikiTrevor, you all have very cool collections!

[ Edited by: Bete 2006-01-15 18:07 ]

It's been a little over a year since I put up the Wall of Tiki Farm. Holden's been so wonderful to me, so I thought I'd redo the wall. It really shows how prolific the company was in 2006. Here's to another great year at The Farm.

wow i just love seeing other peoples stuff!! its so cool old, new , color no color brown , just fantastic! cant wait for my collection to start growing !!

Looks Great Kate, really impressive.. I was wondering how you secured your shags & others to the shelves? I'm looking for suggestions. Is that pro-log sitting up there on that high shelf glued down? :)

I love seeing everyone's Tiki collections and how they display them!!!
Mahalo for sharing!
Peace

Freaking awesome Kate! Thanks for sharing.

Yes indeed, totally awesome collection and nicely displayed. I have about 10 mugs and have them well spread out....LOL. Yours look just great and so well loved. :)

Hiphipahula.....I love your pink mug in your siggy. She looks like a cutie. :tiki:

ah shucks.. TY... :)

On 2007-01-23 00:20, Hiphipahula wrote:
Looks Great Kate, really impressive.. I was wondering how you secured your shags & others to the shelves? I'm looking for suggestions. Is that pro-log sitting up there on that high shelf glued down? :)

My Shag mugs are all affixed to the mantle in my living room with Quake Hold. I haven't done the whole Wall yet because I'm not sure if that's the order I want to leave the mugs in. I kind of worked off of "The List" that Holden had put together.

Okay Tiki Kate,
You've got the Tiki Farm mugs on the wall shelves and the Shags are on the mantle so where do your other mugs go?

H
hewey posted on Wed, Jan 24, 2007 5:27 PM

Looks great. I wouldnt have thought of black shelving but they really pop against it :)

On 2007-01-24 11:58, Bora Boris wrote:
Okay Tiki Kate,
You've got the Tiki Farm mugs on the wall shelves and the Shags are on the mantle so where do your other mugs go?

Okay. Not to digress from my own topic, but here's where I keep some of the others.

Nice!

Tiki Kate thank you for sharing.

Oooooh....Awwww.....Massive Gawking!!! How many mugs do you have and how long have you been collecting? I only ask because I have to set a goal for my measely collection. :)

I have some of those curved black shelves too, but in another part of my house (the "Bond...James Bond Room"). They are great shelves and really make your collection look colorful.

On 2007-01-24 20:50, VampiressRN wrote:
Oooooh....Awwww.....Massive Gawking!!! How many mugs do you have and how long have you been collecting? I only ask because I have to set a goal for my measely collection. :)

Just click on my Ooga-Mooga link for all the answers.

Thanks....dork here. I didn't know if I clicked on your Ooga Mooga it would go to your collection. I have lurked on your pages before (in retrospect). Just an awesome collection. :)

C

Holy Cripes, is that a complete collection of Nancy Drew books I see off to the right??? Kate, have you ever seen the original versions with the watercolor covers?

That's gotta be the neatest computer station I've ever seen. You get the Internationale Triple-Deluxe Neatness Computer Award, 1st Class for that desk.

Here's mine, direct from Lower Slobovia, this is on an average day, and this is an unretouched photo - sorry but the maid hasn't been here for 12 years -

M

Wow Tiki-Kate great collection, and so organized! My collection is still limited to one wall. I have a few sprinkeled around the house and office but only one wall. Here is a photo.

Keep up the collecting!

Nice wall MauiTiki the aqua color wall sure helps to bring out all the colors of the mugs.
Very Cool, HiPhiPaHuLA!!

MauiTiki....your collection is quite beautiful. I agree...the aqua does set them off. :tiki:

T

Maui, your mugs in hand, sure hold there own next to all the others. Yeah, always liked that collection.

So here is my wall once I finally filled it up. I just recently moved, so you can see the soldiers lined up ready for battle in a new city. This doesn't show aboout 50 more mugs I already had boxed up due to lack of space.

Mauitiki,.... Quite an impressive display. This "shelf" is awesome. Did you build it yourself, I love the varying sizes of space and height. looks so custom - is the shelf a new build? Each quadrant seems like it was designed to fit the mugs it holds! WOW

[ Edited by: jpmartdog 2007-01-26 13:54 ]

great wall, but what about the vintage mugs?

http://www.myspace.com/aloha_luau_lounge

M

On 2007-01-26 13:52, jpmartdog wrote:
Mauitiki,.... Quite an impressive display. This "shelf" is awesome. Did you build it yourself, I love the varying sizes of space and height. looks so custom - is the shelf a new build? Each quadrant seems like it was designed to fit the mugs it holds! WOW

[ Edited by: jpmartdog 2007-01-26 13:54 ]

Jpmartdog- Yes, I built the shelves myself with the intention of holding different size Tiki mugs. The wall was "Teal" way before I ever added the shelves. They go to the floor, but the lower portion holds silly stuff like books, and the kids games. The upper shelves are all two deep in mugs, so I may have to move the books off the "Book shelves" to make room for my birthday presents! MORE MUGS!

T

I've been collecting Tiki Farm mugs for eight years now. I finally had to redo the Wall of Tiki Farm again. I recently spent a couple of evenings dusting and rearranging the mugs.

Plus, I had to add another set of shelves.

I took me a while to decide how to arrange them. I decided on locations which breaks down to motels, stores, bars and restaurants. Then I've got events, cities, reproductions and the Year 2000. Everything that didn't fall into one of these categories is grouped by artist.

T
teaKEY posted on Sun, Jun 1, 2008 4:16 PM

I've recently seen the Witco lookin fella w/ Elvis glasses but don't think I've seen the one in the red box. I like him more. But still want the other too.

T

That's the Island Systems & Designs 2003 mug.

T

You really are Tiki farming........very cool!!!

T
teaKEY posted on Mon, Jun 2, 2008 6:04 PM

Tikinomad, where is your collection pic? Tons of Spanish goodness.

Great collection of tiki farm mugs Kate! They're all so colourful on your black shelves. Beautiful!

Pages: 1 43 replies