Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Tiki Bob on Maui later this month

Pages: 1 13 replies

T

Aloha gang,

I have been out of touch with the Ohana lately. Hope everybody is well.

I am going to be on Maui for a couple of weeks towards the end of this month. It's been about 4 years since I have been to Maui.

Any tiki points of interest that I need to check out? Or anything new and different I should see?

Is anyone else going to be there during this time?

Mahalo for any suggestions. And when are we going to get some details on Oasis (Otto!)? I need to plan ahead.

Tiki Bob

Aloha Tiki Bob!

Great to see you back on Tiki Central. Have a look at this thread of Hawaiian Vacation Tips:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=216&forum=1
Have a great trip and let us know of your experiences when you get back. Hope to see you at Oasis.

-Weird Unc

T

On 2006-01-09 08:29, weirduncletiki wrote:
Aloha Tiki Bob!

. . . . . Hope to see you at Oasis.

-Weird Unc

Should be there if we can get the info! Will be spending some time in LA either before or after Oasis. You gunna be around then?

Is it final that the Oasis is going to be that first full weekend in May???

TB

M

My initial was response about "TIki Bob on Maui" was , "I feel sorry for them!" But I thought this thread was announcing the opening of a Tiki Bob's Cantina in Maui, not our gracious member, Tikibob, going on vacation.
I hope you have a blast TB! :)

T

Aloha Ohana!

Just a little email postcard from my trip. Maui is beautiful and the interests in things tiki have really taken off since I was here about 4 years ago.

It is amazing how many yards have tikis in them. It used to be such a rare sight.

Also, finding a tiki motif on clothing, hats, etc. used to be kind of rare but I am glad to say that now you can find something tiki in nearly every shop. Some of it is pretty tacky; but one man's tacky is another man's class. (for example, see my shirt below)

Pictured below is a happy tiki centralite with a few necessary items for a trip to Hawaii: Convertible, hat that screams haole tourists, Bamboo Ben Sticker and Hukilau CD from another centralite. Not pictured is another CD which has 29 Martin Denny tunes - the true staple of this centralite.

I will try to get some more pictures up as soon as I can.

TB

[ Edited by: tikibob 2006-01-26 18:54 ]

Cool You Lucky Dog!!! I wish I was cruising with you!!! Keep on Having Fun!!!
Later,
Spermy

D

TB ~ take notes..and be sure to post 'em! we're going to Maui in March, and would love to hear about wonderful sites, and food and of course, tiki!

Classic!!!

Tiki Bob, you one crazy mutha!!!

I just looked and we only have a few of those stickers left.

Have a new batch coming soon.

Looks like you are having a blast!

Score!!

pm me with your mailing address!!!

Alooooooha Bob,

Just got around to reading your thread. Mucho Mahalo in Maui braddah. Hope the weather is good there you lucky dog, arg! Hope to see you at Oasis this year. San Diego? Thanks for holding up my Hukilau CD from a few years ago. Betcha it sounded great in the Sebring. Stay cool Bob and see ya soon!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

T

Mahalo to you, Jeff and Ben. Glad that a part of you made it on the trip with me.

The time here has been great. No problems weather wise. Only bother is this thing called continuing education classes which I have had to attend. Of course I often check in to a 3 hour lecture only to slip out and head to the beach for 2 hours and 50 minutes before going back to check out. But, hey, it works.

For those interested, here are a few more photos:

View from the top of the Sheraton Maui looking down Kaanapali Beach

Hawaiian Rooster at the Protea Plant farm about half way up volcano

Ely at the top of Haleakala - note snow in the background and the Big Island in the far background

Lava and show - kind of like Icy-Hot (will have to check with Buster Crabbe on this). It only snows like this on the top of the volcano about every 5 year.

Brooks Ohana on Lanai with Lanai in background - hard to see Lanai (the island) because my flash will not shoot that far).

Balmy Regards,

TB

Thanks for the update Bob. Please keep posting pictures if you have the time. That view from the hotel room looks incredible. We are planning a trip there and probably another island (or two), next year for our 20th wedding anniversary. How long you out there for?

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Aloha Bob & Ohana,

I think you spelled Ely's name wrong.... LOL!

T

Finishing up 10 days today. We stayed on Maui only this trip. I have to get 40 hours of CE every two years. Fortunately, I already had 32 when we got here so I did not have to do that much CE.

Belinda and Ely had never been to Hawaii before. We would spend one day doing an excursion and the next day just around the hotel.

Ben, Ely's name is an old family name. It was an English last name that goes back about 5 generations in my family. At that point it was a maiden name that was converted to a first name.

One of the last actors to play Tarzan was Ron Ely. It is pronounced "E-lee" as opposed to "E-lie" like your grandfather.

Yes, I will get some more pictures up when I get home.

Until then, here is a blast from the past:

Aloha and mahalo,

TB

[ Edited by: tikibob 2006-01-28 14:52 ]

Hey Look! It's the 3 Tiki Stooges, nyuk, nyuk!!

Pages: 1 13 replies