Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

New Enchanted Tiki Room collectibles coming soon...!

Pages: 1 5 replies

OK, I can't contain myself any longer. Remember the wonderful Kevin Kidney-designed Disneyland 50th anniversary merchandise? Well, after a succesful year (and the NICEST Disneyland collectibles EVER), the folks over at Disney Shopping (formely known as Disney Direct) have one last wave of Disneyland merchandise coming out in less than 3 months. Kevin and Jody have been working on new stuff for a while now and the results are spectacular. This time there will be no separate waves for each land. Instead, only one (last)wave will be released with a general Disneyland theme. There are some nice items from all lands (about 16 different items). I will leave the other lands for other message boards and tell you about the Enchanted Tiki Room items: Remember last years Enchanted Tiki Room Purple Host Shirt? Well, this year they will be releasing another Enchanted Tiki Room Host Shirt, but this time in green along with an Enchanted Tiki Room Hostess Dress (Green also). Another GREAT item is the Enchanted Tiki Room Drummer God Replica. Remember those crocodile-looking drummers up on each side of the main drummers during the "freak out" scene in the show? Well, these will be full-size casts of the authentic figures from the original 1963 molds. They will even have the light that comes from the drum. There will be other pieces of merchandise that will include Enchanted Tiki Room items (such as another tin signs collection). There are other great Toorrowland, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, items as well as a few cool smaller scale replicas. Remember that just like last year, these items will be limited edition (and you know what happened to those beautiful shirts which sold out instantly). I can't wait for you all to see these. If you live in the Los Angeles area, I highly recomend you taking a trip down to the NFFC Show & Sale on Sunday January 15th at the Crowne Plaza Resort Hotel. Kevin and Jody will be there with most of these treasures at hand to show at the Show & Sale. (www.nffc.org/convention). If you can't make the show, watch out at various Disney websites next week as I'm sure a few will have pictures.
Finally another reason to be exited again!
Your friend,
Louis

J

Cool! I will definitely be purchasing the drumming crocodiles! Can't wait!

H

I just posted the exciting tale of how the Enchanted Tiki Room dress came to be included in this round of collectibles in this thread:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=17947&forum=1&0

I can't wait to see it!

I'm going on Sunday and can't wait to see the new pieces, especially the above mentioned Tiki room drummers.

Erich

I just to be clear-- Is anything actually for sale on Sunday, or are we going to have to wait?

Hello again,
The items will go on sale early April. They are only being shown at the Disneyana show today (no sales). And Tangaroa just posted some great pictures of the Enchanted Tiki Room related pieces. Run, don't walk, to:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=13912&forum=1&start=210&219

OK, starting today, I'm starting a Kevin Kidney savings account so I'll be ready come April. And you guys haven't even seen the non-Tiki Room items! I'm sorry I couldn't make it to the show today (5 hours away for me), but I'm sure pictures will surface in the next week. Keep an eye out!
Your friend,
Louis

Pages: 1 5 replies