Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Anton LaVey's "Long Pig" Dinner

Pages: 1 7 replies

C

From 'The Secret Life of a Satanist', by Blanche Barton,

'One seminar on "Cannibalism and Human Sacrifice" covered the subject in more than just words. Students were invited to partake of a cooked thigh of a young white woman.The leg had been biopsied and provided by a Berkeley physician who attended Anton's lectures regularly. Diane
basted the main course of puaka balava, "long pig", in Triple Sec, fruit juices and Grenadine. She served it with fried bananas and yams,
just as the Fiji Islanders did, adding Tonka bean wine and caterpillars to round out the meal. The meat was described as tasting somewhere between pork and lamb, with a consistency rather fibrous like pork chops, but sweeter, and not quite as tender or salty as lamb. The diners exhibited little squeamishness except when it came to eating the caterpillars. But the LaVey's three-year old daughter,
Zeena, finished them with enthusiasm'.

I gather that lacking a biopsied human leg provided by a Berkeley physician, one can substitute pork in such recipes.. it wouldn't be quite as authentic, but hey- I didn't have Triple Sec and Grenadine down as authentic Fijian ingredients!
And does anyone know a Fijian recipe featuring the
"Cannibal's Tomato", Solanum uporo?
It's a species of tomato that was reputedly used by Fijian Islanders as an accompanient to "Long Pig"... seeds of it are available from some nurserymen....

CHRIS
ato"

On 2006-01-14 09:31, Chrisc wrote:
From 'The Secret Life of a Satanist', by Blanche Barton,

'One seminar on "Cannibalism and Human Sacrifice" covered the subject in more than just words. Students were invited to partake of a cooked thigh of a young white woman.The leg had been biopsied and provided by a Berkeley physician who attended Anton's lectures regularly. Diane
basted the main course of puaka balava, "long pig", in Triple Sec, fruit juices and Grenadine. She served it with fried bananas and yams,
just as the Fiji Islanders did, adding Tonka bean wine and caterpillars to round out the meal. The meat was described as tasting somewhere between pork and lamb, with a consistency rather fibrous like pork chops, but sweeter, and not quite as tender or salty as lamb. The diners exhibited little squeamishness except when it came to eating the caterpillars. But the LaVey's three-year old daughter,
Zeena, finished them with enthusiasm'.

I gather that lacking a biopsied human leg provided by a Berkeley physician, one can substitute pork in such recipes.. it wouldn't be quite as authentic, but hey- I didn't have Triple Sec and Grenadine down as authentic Fijian ingredients!
It's a species of tomato that was reputedly used by Fijian Islanders as an accompanient to "Long Pig"... seeds of it are available from some nurserymen....

CHRIS
ato"

You crack me up dude. I can say with a degree of certainty it was more than likely a leg of pork. Mr. LaVey had a wickedly "tongue in cheek" sense of humor.

Sure he founded the Church of Satan and worshiped the Devil, but he would never eat human flesh, that be would just be wrong. (Lying is wrong too, I wonder which he was guilty of).

He probably didn't know any Hollywood celebraties either, otherwise that would mean Hollywood was a decadent evil place.

Anton Levey and Sammy Davis Jr.

I'm abandoning my gas grill for my new slow-cooking charcoal barbecue, on which I recently cooked a perfect "picnic pork roast shoulder" to perfection in six hours.

Always in the market for new recipes. Heh, heh. Heh, heh, heh, heh.

"... Diane
basted the main course of puaka balava, "long pig", in Triple Sec, fruit juices and Grenadine."

Triple Sec and Grenadine with Long Pig? An ABOMINATION!

K

On 2006-05-30 20:16, captnkirk wrote:
Sure he founded the Church of Satan and worshiped the Devil, but he would never eat human flesh, that be would just be wrong. (Lying is wrong too, I wonder which he was guilty of).

He probably didn't know any Hollywood celebraties either, otherwise that would mean Hollywood was a decadent evil place.

Anton Levey and Sammy Davis Jr.

Notorious liar... but it was part of his charm >;)

P

On 2006-01-14 09:31, Chrisc wrote:

CHRIS
ato"

I grew some of "cannibal tomatoes" a couple of years ago. they kind of look like tomatoes on the outside, but they taste more like bitter eggplant. I can't imagine that they would make human flesh (or anything else) taste better.

W

When you're stuck on island you work with what you have.

Pages: 1 7 replies