Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

TikiWahine is now a Tiki Central Moderator!

Pages: 1 23 replies

I'd like to welcome TikiWahine as our newest Tiki Central Moderator! TikiWahine has impressed me for a while with her dedication to TC, her tiki knowledge, positive outlook, and her affection for the U-Moderate controls! I had been thinking about making her a moderator for a while now, but when Tikifish moved on up, it made for a perfect opportunity. Plus it means Canada will keep it's long-held position in the multi-front TC Moderation Coalition effort. Yay Canada!

While I'm at it, I'd like to take a moment to shine the spotlight on our other moderators here at Tiki Central, who have helped keep Tiki Central running smoothly over the years:

• Basement Kahuna
  • Humuhumu
  • Martiki
  • Mig
  • Sabu The Coconut Boy
  • TikiWahine

What are moderators?
(crackly grade-school-projector sound)

Moderators are special Tiki Central members who can edit, move, and lock topics to keep things readable and organized. I've met all of them face-to-face, and they're great, worthy people who are up to the challenge. Feel free to ask them questions about the rules, or for help with topics and posts, or just to chat them up about their Tiki knowledge. They're here for you 7 days a week (8 Canadian).

Moderators abilities extend to topics, but not to TC accounts or the forums in general. I am the one who runs Tikiroom.com, and the only one who can make forum-wide changes, restore passwords, authorize banner ads, edit accounts, and do site-wide administration. And I still do all the programming on Tiki Central myself, which I am quite proud of ... Hey Martiki, (hic) have I told you how (hic) hard it was to program spellcheck?!(hic) wannahearitagain?

But enough about me! Congratulations to TikiWahine!

~Hanford

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore 2006-01-21 22:58 ]

wow. i better be nicer to her..

congrats TW!

T

Wait a second, I quit to go Quilt, and you go from Quilt shop to... ahhh this is all to weird. Good luck Wahine!

H

Does this mean you won't be on shout anymore? :) :) congrats!

L
Loki posted on Sun, Jan 22, 2006 7:53 AM

Congrats TW. The Great White North represents...Now, go moderate you Hoser. :lol:

B

Way to go TikiWahine, It couldn't have "Happened" to a Nicer Gal.
HappyHappyHappy

Oh great , I am soooo Fubar.
I knew something was going on when I saw 4 horseman ride by this morning .
On the other hand the mounties plan to get a insider planted is moving along nicely....

Just kidding , way to go Wahine.

[ Edited by: rodeotiki 2006-01-22 10:08 ]

M

Excellent! We can still Blame Canada, Blame Canada!!!

Congrats TW!

Congrats TW!

I've heard rumors that the drinking fountains in the Moderators Executive Washroom spout Perrier... is it true?

-Z

Haha, thanks guys!

No worries Hiltiki, you'll still be able to find me on shout :)

Now, I'd better get some more of that important rum research under way...

Oh no, here comes TW...quick, look busy!!

Congrats TW!

Hooray! Huzzah! Zazz! and Mazel Tov!

Hey! way to go tw!

Congrats, TW! Couldn't happen to a nicer wahine. BTW, now that you're an official "insider", can you find out what's going on with that mug contest??!!??

H
hewey posted on Mon, Jan 23, 2006 2:48 AM

Woohoo! Da Wahine is a top chick. Good choice

All I can say about the mug contest is...

Bring on the mugs, bring on the mugs, bring on the mugs!
Since I submitted an entry, I'm just as out of the loop as everyone else.

Great choice Hanford, congrats to tikiwahine!

TBird.

Alright Tikiwahine!
Glad you are here and helping us out.
Thanks for the dedication.

Does this mean that tikiwahine will no longer have the "grand member" moniker and will henceforth be known as "Fabulous Tiki Central Agent" or "Official Woman-about-town" ?

[ Edited by: joefla70 2006-01-27 11:47 ]

V

bravo, vive le canada

Ooh, I like the idea of that joefla! :)
Something so people can recognize me, and ask me silly questions!

Thanks tiki bird, unga bunga, & virani!

On 2006-01-27 11:47, joefla70 wrote:
Does this mean that tikiwahine will no longer have the "grand member" moniker and will henceforth be known as "Fabulous Tiki Central Agent" or "Official Woman-about-town"?

Good Question; I've been meaning to clarify some of those special titles for a while, I have it on my todo list. Until then I'd like to point out that moderators currently do not get any special title or name. Special Agent status is assigned to members to reconize them for a job well done.

On 2006-01-27 14:37, hanford_lemoore wrote:

On 2006-01-27 11:47, joefla70 wrote:
Does this mean that tikiwahine will no longer have the "grand member" moniker and will henceforth be known as "Fabulous Tiki Central Agent" or "Official Woman-about-town"?

Good Question; I've been meaning to clarify some of those special titles for a while, I have it on my todo list. Until then I'd like to point out that moderators currently do not get any special title or name. Special Agent status is assigned to members to reconize them for a job well done.

That's a good policy

wELCOME aBOARD, MATEY!

Pages: 1 23 replies