Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Hi

Pages: 1 10 replies

E
Eric posted on Thu, Jan 26, 2006 6:01 PM

I am a woodcarver who is interested in Oceanic art & Native American art of the Pacific Northwest.
I came upon this place by accident,but it looks like this is the place.
The thing that got me hooked on carving,was going to New Zealand,and seeing the beautiful Maori carving at Waitange.
I also lived in Hawaii for 6 or 7 years before moving to the northwest(Washington).
I am studying the Native carving of this region,but my first love is Oceanic Art.
Those Fijians really know how to carve a war club.
Anyway Hello and I look forward to meeting you tiki people
Alofa

G
GMAN posted on Thu, Jan 26, 2006 6:14 PM

Welcome Eric. Glad you stopped by. Grab a large glass of iced tea and stay a while. It's nice here. Head over to "creating" and let the wood chips fly with the rest of us!

-Gman

Welcome Eric...I agree...this is the place to come for exposure to exciting tiki art.
On behalf of all of us carvers...I'd like to thank Hanford et al for the opportunity to
do our thing here. I'm sure I speak for many when I say that the FIRST thing I do when I
get home....and the LAST thing before "hitting the hay"...is check TC to look for new
posts. It KON-TIKI-TAGEOUS.

T

Hi Eric and welcome! The creating tiki forum is a bit daunting at first, what with all the threads, so it's best just to work through them a bit at a time. Definitely pay attention to stuff by Benzart! The man is truly a master!

E
Eric posted on Fri, Jan 27, 2006 10:07 AM

Thank You for the welcome.I just waded through a long post of Basement Kahuna.
All I can say is Wow!

hey, welcome aboard! where in Washington are you?

keep up to date with events by joining:

Official NW Territory Event Mailing List

other fun things coming up:
Maori Expo and Workshop

Burke Museum

NW Tiki Crawl 2006 Official Announcement!

hope to meet you soon!

elicia

MD

Welcome aboard young master Eric!

Care for a Mai Tai or a Bronze Serpent?

Oh, ya might watch yer step while stumbling around up on deck heer. Lots o' wood chips, blood and bar sugar layin' about.......the crew can get a bit messy but its all in good fun ya understan'.....Although the whole layer makes a nice pilla' when ya just have to pass out somewheres.

You'll be a meetin the captain soon enough...Nice fella over all....Captain Hanford....Nice Fella....Not at all like that Captain Bligh son-of-a.....

And I see ya brought yer tools.....thats a good lad....You'll be working alongside the rest of our Master carpenters.....ya got Master Ben, Master Basement..(sounds a bit funny, don't it), Master Polynes..Master Gecko...Master Surfer.....Master G....Master A.A. ....Master Bamboo...don't know what hes trying to say with that name, thinks hes a revrund or somethin' like that...helps to balance out arr Devil fella...Master Diablo....hell we even have a cowboy on board...Master Rodeoo....decks kinda small to ride a horse.....but he does it. Damn thing poops everywheer....
As ya can see we have a lot of mastering going on. Oh theres a lot more than them...many more...ships always in need of more repairs.

Then we even have arrr cruise directors Miss Martiki... and Miss Humuhumu and Master Zulu.....and lots more 'en that.....they're a lively bunch...keep all us working blokes entertained.
But keep yer out for that Bong fella....nice enough but a bit ornery. I hear he's got funky hair and wooden leg. You'll know him when ya see him.

Me....Oh I'm just a bottom feeder. I man the bait. Help out with the fishin.....ye understand....I am the bait master......Master ba.....Thats me.

Well it was nice meetin' ya. were outa pineapple, gotta swim to shore and drag back a few. Helps to wash the sand outa me britches......gets de salt offn me n..s.......

Arvada, Colorado......elevation 5340 ft.
A long drop to sea level

[ Edited by: Mr. Dale 2006-01-27 11:39 ]

E
Eric posted on Fri, Jan 27, 2006 4:47 PM

I live in the beautiful(sub)tropical San Juan Islands

Greetings Eric!
I'm just north of you in Victoria, on Vancouver Island.
Maybe we'll meet up at an event soon.

Stick around!
We're a friendly lot.

Aloha & welcome to TC, Eric! Drop by the Creating Forum and post us up some pix of your work. New carvers are much appreciated around these parts!

A-A

H
hewey posted on Fri, Jan 27, 2006 9:25 PM

Heya Eric - welcome to TC!

Pages: 1 10 replies