Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

our newest arrival

Pages: 1 14 replies

T

i haven't been posting as much as i used to, especially for the past 3 weeks since i've been away from work and a computer, but here is the reason why:

her name is Kaia Grace Jones. she was born January 16,2006 at 10:16 a.m. she weighed 7 lbs 9 oz and was 19 3/4" long. she's an awesome baby and we've enjoyed every moment so far with her, eventhough i haven't been able to carve or work on much of anything for a while, but i plan on getting back into it once we adjust to our new bundle of joy.

Big congrats to you and yours.

Shes a doll.

Do your best to remember every day....

It goes faster than you think

M
Moki posted on Mon, Feb 6, 2006 12:54 PM

What a cutie!!! Congrats!!!
And she's very lucky to have such a cool blankie to go with her great name!!
Aloha

H

What a darling little girl -- and look at all that hair! She looks like she's already a happy little kid. Congratulations!

F

You have a gorgeous little girl, and she has great taste in blankets!

WHAT a CUTIE-wutie!!

Kaia Grace could not be more darling!

What IS it about Tiki Central genetic material? Does anyone EVER turn out ugly or even average-looking babies? I see nothing but amazing cuteness every time someone pops a bun out of the oven around here!!

Congrats, Tiki5-0! :)

T

Congrats, T5-0! She's a doll! And what luck finding that blankie with her exact name on it - what are the chances of that?!!! :wink:

On 2006-02-06 12:53, Monkeyman wrote:

Do your best to remember every day....

It goes faster than you think

Agreed! My theory is that it's because new parents are constantly busy and their normal schedules are thrown out the window. Almost every day there's something new to deal with, and it's hard to track time when things are evolving so quickly. We are already lamenting the loss of our son's newborn baby-ness, now that he's graduated to full-fledged pre-toddler. From one happy new dad to another, enjoy it while you can, 5-0 - you're in for the ride of your life!

D

what! no hat? :)

a very cute kiddo, and a neat name!

dont forget the obligatory "child in fez" and "child with tiki mug" photos for us!

T

I think you could probably rig a bottle-inside-a-tiki mug type thing. That would be sweet. Probably too heavy for a baby though. Never mind. This is actually turning into a bad idea the more I think about it.
She sure is a cutie! Congratulations! I especially like the stuffed turtle. Start them early!

MR

Congrats! Kids are what makes it all worth while. I'm very happy for you.

Congratulations!!
I'd say that's a great excuse to be away from a computer, she's darling!

T

thanks everyone! my sister made the quilt she is on. she bought a bunch of fabric when they were on maui a few months back knowing she wanted to make it for her. she hand embroidered her name and the flipflops. she hand embroidered 5 of the panels on the quilt and they all look great. for my birthday last year she hand embroidered a tiki mask and surfboards onto an apron for me since i like cooking and bbqing a lot. then for my wife's birthday she got her a robe and embroidered plumerias on it for her. it's kinda cool she did all that work for us and made stuff of the style we like. i'll try to get some pics posted of the other things she did if anyone is interested.

On 2006-02-06 16:03, TikiJosh wrote:
I especially like the stuffed turtle. Start them early!

oh trust me, she's getting started early. since we live in a 1 bedroom condo, we converted the dining area into her "room". it's got tikis, her crib has a grass skirt around the bottom, the divider is going to be covered in bac-bac matting and bamboo. she she's getting into very early on.

Can we call her "baby 5-0"? Just kidding! Kaia Grace is a great name. Ours is 4 years old now, and that baby part seems like a blur now. Probably due to sleep deprivation. Monkeyman is right, enjoy every minute of it. You can never take too many pictures & videos, either. Congrats to you and your wife!

A-A

She is so cute! Congrats!

B

Way to go Tiki5-0, what a beautiful bundle of joy. Enjoy her while you can because in the next few years she will be off to college to meet the prince of her dreams.

Pages: 1 14 replies