Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

ramba-zamba´s first tiki illustrations

Pages: 1 2 48 replies

Finally i found time to post my drawings on TC!
This five pics are my first attempt in drawing southsee tikistyle.

The next five are from my new tikimug series. i post two of them in the munktiki tikimug contest.

Here you can see some pictures from the "Swing and Sway in Hawaii" party in munich.
We combin the event with an exihibition to show Kai Sarnes`s (haikai) Tikis
and my Illustrations.
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=17709&forum=4&8

Here the link to the carvings from my buddy haikai
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=17252&forum=7&start=0

B

Welcome Ramba-Zamba, you and your paintings will fit in Nicely here, I love your work, it is very clean and fresh. Looks like the "Swing and Sway" party was a big blast. Would have Liked to have been there. Thanks for posting.

T
teaKEY posted on Wed, Feb 8, 2006 6:36 AM

I like what I see. The surfer looks to be going a 100 miles an hour. You certainly have your own style around here with your drawings but the styling of those mugs are something else too. The way the mouth is at the very bottom. You can see how the mugs are blowing there tops. Very animated.

I'd say best new artist of 2006

I really like the Steadman-like use of the scratchy fine lines.
Well done, thanks for sharing.

Thank you very much!
I hope i can post more pics soon.

@teaKEY
Yes thats right, i´m still in progress to find my own final drawing style.
I think i should draw more, but the time....

T

I absolutely love your style. Are these available to purchase?

Thank you Tiki-Kate,
Yes, the paintings are for sale! The first 5 impressionistic pictures were digitally printed on canvas and then put on a wooden frame. (look at the pics below)
The black outlines have been drawed by hand and digitalized afterwards. The picture then has been colorized with the computer.
The size is 120 cm x 30 cm (about 75 x 18,5 inch).
I sell those for 250 Euros each (about 300 USD).

The series of illustrated mugs are wooden framed digital prints.
I used the same technique as above.
The size is 50 cm x 70 cm (about 31,5 x 43,5 inch).
The price would be 100 Euros (about 120 USD).
shipping not included

H

Excellent work Ramba-Zamba! Lots of energy! Those horizontal and vertical pieces would make great printed t-shirts or workshirts. The surfers here in So Cal would love them!

hi,

finally i found time for making new drawing stuff.
Current i trie some shrunken head motives. Here are first trails.
What do you think about color and style ?
Maybe i make a series of shrunken heads.
thanks.

T

Love it. The green one is the best. There is something about green paired with a shrunken head.

oh wow. I'm an illustrator myself, so i find these babies to my liking. I LOVE your style, and those first few that you posted awhile ago are really beautiful to look at. Keep up the good work!

B

damn man, these are simply swish as hell!

H
hewey posted on Wed, Mar 29, 2006 6:55 PM

I almost didn't open up this thread - lunch goes so quick!

But damn, I am glad I did! I LOVE the style of these. My faves are the 3 landscape ones you posted first. Its cool to see people taking tiki inspiration and coming up with a modern intrepretation.

Looking forward to seeimg more.

great stuff rz. i dig the shrunken heads.

aloha
thanks to everybody, i am very pleased to read your comments!!

@ teaKey: yes i also think so! the red ones are to devilish.

@ Pocky and hewey: thanks, the landscapes are my first tiki theme pics and now i try miscellaneous styles and motives. I think i make a series of the shrunken heads with different colors and backround styles. But i have also new ideas of landscapes, i hope i can post some shortly.

regards from germany
mahalo

MD

These are beautiful....The lines, flow and use of color, all balanced w/ negative space. Awesome. Its refreshing to see work that doesn't have to take up the whole canvas to be powerful.
The shruken heads are great. The green one most of all.

Aloha,

here is a new shrunken head pic.

thank you all for the nice feedback!!

There has been something going on in the last few months.
I found a little bit time for making new stuff for our forbidden-paradise.com project.
You will find now in our shop new t-shirts exclusively produced by us with a lot of different motives and in various colours. Here you can see our three motives.

click here for visiting our shop

Now i produced the shrunken heads. This time, we have printed the illustrations as posters, so you get the advantage of being able to buy cheap Tiki art. One poster is only 20$.

click here for visiting our shop

Mahalo to everybody, who has supported us and we would like to wish you a beautiful summer with a lot of Mai Tais!

Your team of Forbidden Paradise,
Haikai and ramba-zamba

Ramba-zamba!
Great sketchy style and your color/composition sense is very right on! Really enjoyed checking 'em out! Thanks and please post more when you can! Keep creating!

H
hewey posted on Tue, Jul 11, 2006 9:14 PM

I like that first shirt - nice

I also like the cheap poster/print idea too for us poor bastards...

your stuff is amazing! its so wickedly unique. is so different and i love it. good job and show us more

Thanks!!!
its very nice getting so great feedback!
It´s a pity that i don´t have more time to create new things, or i to lazy.. i don´t know.

@ little lost tiki:
thanks! i was on your homepage, i really like your stuff, tehre are so many details.... fine!

mahalo

B

Hallo,

Deine Zeichnung sind sehr schön.
You've got a really nice drawing style especially the black lines that seem to be "instinctive" line just like in gestual calligraphy.

Ben

FABULOUS drawings. Really creative. I loved all of them!
Sea

Very Cool! More please!

F

I love the monotone colors of the shrunken heads. Very nice line work on all of the designs.

B

bump

Hey there,

my last update is far away, i know, but now i post some stuff i made in the last months.
sadly its not much but i hope you like it...

This are our new Tiki shirts. This year we tried to make them with silk-screen and it worked very well! We have the shirts in all sizes between S and XL and offer them for 20$ / 15€ + shipping.

At the next pics you can the some graphic works i made for our company forbidden-paradise.

After the last exhibitions and events this summer i hopefully have more time for painting some new Tiki stuff. I’ll let you know : )
Thanks to all who wrote these nice things and benella thanks for the bumb : )

Mahalo
ramba-zamba

Nice stuff! Your line work in the horizontal pieces reminds me of architectural renderings from the fifties and sixties! Very cool! Great style!

F

Ramba. Very nice stuff. I can't wait to see more of your illustrations.

Aloha,

here i´m back with two new pieces.
Recently i got a Wacom pen tablet.
It´s a powerful tool, you can draw with this tablet right to your computer and you have a bunch of pencils, brushes and the whole power of photoshop.
It´s fantastic and it makes so much fun to try new styles with this.
Here are my first trials.
I want to get better and if you know any tips (coloring / lighting...) please let me know.
I´m very motivated and i want to do more in the near future.

Mahalo
Ramba-Zamba

Very Cool RZ!
Even though they're born from a computer-they have a very nice drawn and painted vibe to them! I like em both alot! The Olive in the first evokes a balmy tropical environment while the Moai with the Lava throws the viewer into an evening Volcanic landscape! Stellar work!

G
GROG posted on Mon, Nov 19, 2007 9:05 AM

Wow. These two digital paintings turned out awesome. GROG like.

H

Hey buddy, I´m proud of you! Will be busy and show us more. That´s only the beginning! Come on....

T

Long-time-awaited! Great stuff.
I actually thinking of purchasing some prints... but naw, that will have to wait till next year, that whole ordering-thing is making me poor right before christmas.

As I said, i´m repeating myself: Great,great stuff. If there are some affordable reprints some day, I take two, or three. Maybe four. (ARRGH: this has to stop now. shut up, tok-tok). Next year.

Keep going with your good work. And post more.
tok-tok

Great seeing some digital work Ramba. Love the loose style I think my Fav. is the Moai peice, keep up the great work. The shrunken heads are cool also, unique style.

Thank you!

yes i´m thinking about making prints from the current work. But i want to try more and getting better.
It makes so much fun and with this method i can learn so far, i want to make every week one new pic : )
(hopefully i can hold my promise....)

And i have to find a cheep and good way to print these, i don´t know, maybe someone of you have idea?

Mahalo

Diggin it, love to see new pieces that inspire me to get busy Dawn

T

Hi ramba-zamba.
I´ve got an idea for doing some reprints, but I think, you guys at forbidden paradise had it allready. Please read my m.p.. Ive they are not getting too big, they would be affordable. Choose a small or medium size.

Post more,.....tok-tok

RZ - Great stuff. Check out http://www.deviantart.com You can join and start a gallerie which people can purchase everything from small prints to full sized glyclees. Its a cool site with people from around the world.

Good luck. and I look forward to seeing more.

hey everyone,
i now its late, maybee too late : ) but here is my christmas pic for you....
i hope you like it !!

thanks you all for the nice words.
alohastation, thanks for the tip with deviantart, now i have an acoount there with a few of my works.
http://ramba-zamba.deviantart.com/

i´m looking forward to read some comments from you on my account : )
in the near future, i will sell there some prints...

mahalo

T

Beautiful paintings!

They look Great! I love the technique.

Hey folks,

two weeks ago, i made two new digital tiki paintings.
Both are black and white piece for a german illustration portfolio project.
Its a book called Freistil 4 and it will be printed in black and white.
The pictures are cutouts from a apocalyptic scene in the paradise.
Hope you like it : )

Very Cool!

H

Hey Michael,
respect! Great to work together with such a talented guy .
Please post a picture of your artwork for Harold Golen´s "Kaiju Monster Invation" show. It´s although not tiki but I think you have to show it.
Check out Michael´s stuff at:deviantart.com

Awsome thread!
the paintings are Great! the Digital pics are cool, too

Hey guys thanks al lot.
Ok Haikai you convinced me : )
Here are some pictures from my artwork for Harold Golens Kaiju Monster Invasion Show at Miami Beach.
It´s called "The Prison of the Toxic Beast"
The last picture is a short explanation about the story.

It´s no tiki but maybe you´ll like it ...
Thanks
Ramba Zamba

Pages: 1 2 48 replies