Name:Luau Hale
Type:restaurant
Street:569 Pittsfield Rd
City:Lenox
State:MA
Zip:01240
Phone:(413) 443-4745

Description:
In business as the Luau Hale for 30+ years (prior to that it was a HuKeLau) it offers good food and some of the better cocktails available in the Northeast. Not many tiki to speak of, but huge murals cover most of the walls in the two lower dining rooms. The main upper dining room is like a pagoda, with windows that look out onto the huge murals, as if the polynesian night awaits you just outside.

The lounge area is similarly themed, only the murals are daytime oriented. Classic 70's bucket stools and some great lamps over the bar make it a must to hit either before or after dinner.

All in all, a great joint to hit if your in the Berkshires.

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2006-02-23 18:27 ]

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2006-02-23 18:28 ]

I went to Luau Hale on Saturday. It was the balls. The decor in the lounge is a little like the South Pacific (Newton), but with blue lighting and tiki masks that makes it hot like lava. The drinks were killa! I had a "zombie" - which was actually almost identical to the Mai Kai's Shrunken Skull, minus cinnamon stick and skull mug, and Helenini (whom I might add, is now my fiancée!) had a pina colada. My second round was a Mai Tai - which was sea-worthy - and we had a bowl of fried rice.

All in all: A good trip for all!

To see more pics from Luau Hale, and other tiki bars I've visited recently, please visit: http://flickr.com/photos/houseofwong/sets/72157601120307124/

Congrats on the engagement Prof!!

Visited the Hale last night after a thrilling day of Leaf Peeping!

Glad to report that business is still booming.

The Mrs. and I shared a Scorpion Bowl that was simply outstanding. The menu says three bowl limit but I can't imagine just two people sharing three of these sneaky things. Very tasty and then the booze creeps up and smashes your knee-caps. Yow!

Haven't had the food but judging by the steady stream of clients, it must be decent. There's a Days Inn and an Econolodge right down the street so make a night of it!

Pages: 1 3 replies