Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: It says TIKI, but proves Nancy Reagan was right.

Pages: 1 5 replies

M

Now, I don't remember the sixties, not because I did really good drugs, but because I was only four. Plus, I had a serious heart problem that sort of precluded recreational hallucinogenics. Nonetheless, as I got healthier and older, say twelve-ish, the "opportunities" of life presented themselves. Heck, I grew up in Huntington Beach, man. Cut me some slack, it ain't like I had a problem or anything. Sure, I woke up in some strange places, who hasn't? I wrote this preamble to lay a foundation, foam the runway if you will, about what I just read in this eBay auction.

It is to say: I've been there, I've listened to that other little voice. "Go ahead, it'll be great! Try some." I saw the purple haze, kissed the sky, lucy showed me her diamonds. Fugg! I asked Alice...the whole nine yards. 'Kay, got it? Alrighty then. Somebody please help, 'cause for the life of me I got no clue what this person is talking about. Did I "partake" too much, or not enough? I tried rubbing my eyes real hard and shaking my head. Except for that time at the '82 US Festival when I was hanging with those train hobos from El Salvador have I seen anything this weird.

YOU HAVE TO GET SERIOUS

This is what Nancy Reagan was talking about, right? Dang, I knew I shoulda said "no". Mrs. Gipper, I'm sorry.

WTF,
midnite

ps She loves Canadians....Well that explains some of it.
pps "Alcohol is not the answer"...Obviously.
pps Life is too short to have read that mindless, self-centered, ain't I cute in a stupid way, I need attention but cannot figure out an interesting way to do so, only once (while I was away at camp), why are there so many numbers?, "Gilmore Girls" is such a good show, double-latte no foam Moacha-Pichu drinking, dumb as a multiple-choice GED exam, auction listing.
ppps That gene pool must be drained.

EDIT: That auction killed so many brain cells I couldn't get the link to work. Maybe that is good thing?

[ Edited by: midnite_tiki 2006-02-23 23:23 ]

H
Helz posted on Fri, Feb 24, 2006 5:50 AM

Umm...

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=18572&forum=13&0

[ Edited by: HelzTiki 2006-02-24 05:54 ]

M

He must be doing something right. He's already got 4 bids, totalling a whopping 74 cents, and he's got 100% feedback. Damn, maybe I should bid, too? :)

Which brings me to my new idea. Why don't we have a contest as to who can write the spaciest, most nonsensical, most humorously ridiculous eBay listing? Just put the words "tiki" and "shag" in it so the rest of us can find it, it will cost only a few cents in eBay listing fees, and we might even make 74 cents off of it. And maybe, just maybe, we'll even meet some CANADIANS!

H
Helz posted on Fri, Feb 24, 2006 6:57 AM

The contest sounds like a good idea, but I think we'd already have a winner with this one. I'm pretty sure that this is one of our own. If you read in the auction, you're supposed to search for Exoticat on the website to find the little video of the alcoholic teddy bear. Additionally the post in "Bilge" is by Exoticat, and it puts the Love of Canadians in the first person.

And as far as that 100% rating goes, it was all buying save one sale back in '01.

Don't get me wrong, I think the auction is brilliant (as is the idea for a contest, maybe monthly), I just like playing Hardy Boys every now and again.

I think Helz is right. Exoticat's profile says she is from Washington State, near Seattle. The ebay listing is also from Washington.

M

So this is a TC'er auction? Well, then it's the height of satire, classic parody, a witty wonderland. Supposeably.

I remain confused, but will just up the dosage.

midnite

ps I'm still blaming Canada.
pps Especially Quebecois.

Pages: 1 5 replies