Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

I LOVE Canadians!

Pages: 1 24 replies

And my own reason for loving those up north....

Sarah,...I'm waiting, give me call! :D

[ Edited by: aquaorama 2006-02-24 06:06 ]

If we're picking personal favorites, i have a few:

Call me, call me baby...(after your divorce is all over that is)

[ Edited by: Exoticat 2006-02-24 11:52 ]

I think they taste best with maple syrup...:)

I like them -but I could never eat a whole one.

RR

On 2006-02-24 14:42, Tikiwahine wrote:
I like them -but I could never eat a whole one.

Yes, but you can freeze remarkably well...

E

ha ha haaaa i haven't tried that...yet

D

you better be using VERMONT Maple, missy!! :o

Even better...Quebec maple syrup!

"Get a whiff of hosehead..."

Never trusted them "with those beady eyes & their flapping mouths".

On 2006-02-24 11:51, Exoticat wrote:
If we're picking personal favorites, i have a few:

[ Edited by: Exoticat 2006-02-24 11:52 ]

HA! he not a Canadian he's a Brit! I quote the IMDb which states Carries a British Passport. He has said in many interviews that he regards himself as British.

Mike Myers was born in Canada, that makes him a Canadian.

"A true Canadian, Mike speaks frequently about his home country whenever he's on a press tour. It appears Scarborough was more than just a place to live for the Myers family. It gave Mike plenty of fodder for his seemingly endless parade of merrymaking. In October 2002 the City of Toronto, of which Scarborough is now part, named a street for Mike Myers near his former home. Some fans suggested it should have been called Mike Myers Waaaay."
(from NorthernStars.ca)

Mike Myers Bio

[ Edited by: Tikiwahine 2006-02-26 14:26 ]

E

This is getting confusing. Do I get to pour syrup* on him or not?

::::pulls out list to see who is next:::

*Dear Dogbytes,
I refuse to open the which-syrup-is-better can of worms again! As long at it is warm to the touch, that's all that matters...

How about you all make an even trade? Mike Myers becomes an official Canadian and Lennox Lewis becomes an official Brit?

No offense to our British brethren...It would be like buying Alaska for 7 million...LOL

:)I think Tikiwahine you will find that this mike myers biogrphy paints a diffrent picture..

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/entertainment/film/biographies/mike_myers_biog.html

Mike Myers was born on the 25th of May, 1963, in the Scarborough district of Toronto, known to the snobbier townsfolk as Scarberia - a cultural wasteland. His father, Eric, was formerly a cook in the British Army, while his mother, Alice, known as Bunny and formerly in the RAF, was an aspiring actress who'd attended London's Academy of Music and Dramatic Art. Both hailing from Liverpool, they married in 1955 and emigrated to Canada the next year, producing three sons - Paul (later in Toronto band The Gravelberrys), Peter and finally Mike, all of them holding British passports. Learning the English language from Eric and Bunny, Mike spoke with a Scouse accent until the age of 6.

..and as I'm not a man who's into sport on the swapsies, I'd rather have a comedian than a boxer, although Britain has many comedy boxers.

I feel that if you're born in a country and for the most part grow up there, you're that country's nationality.

Hell, my Dad was born in India to Welsh/English war doctor parents. He grew up in Canada, but didn't get his citizenship until I was born. He's also Canadian.

Maybe I have a different view on that constitutes a Canadian, because of all the first and second generation immigrants we have here.

Maybe Mike has become a born again Brit. If I moved from somewhere I hated, I might do the same thing.

Interesting fact:
In the movie Wayne's World, characters hang out at a doughnut shop called Stan Mikita's. The name is an inside joke for Canadians; Mikita was another NHL player and the name makes an implicit reference to Tim Hortons.

I know this might seem like trivial bullshit, but I am wondering why Matt Stone & Trey Parker (the creators of the show South Park) draw the Canadian characters (i.e. Terrance & Phillip) like hastily drawn, raggedy dolls with their jaws disconnected from their heads as opposed to the American characters that seem to be more detailed and defined? Any thoughts? (BTW - I like Canadians too)

On wikipedia it states that Terrance and Philip are the way they are..

Like virtually all Canadians in South Park, they are geometrically-figured with small beady eyes and Pac Man-like heads which flap up and down whenever they speak. This may originally have signified they were an animated series inside an animated series, but was quickly retconned into a distinguishing feature of Canadians.

..using my the internet for good not just to provide support for my annexing of Mike Myers.

On 2006-03-02 22:12, Shipwreckjoey wrote:
I know this might seem like trivial bullshit, but I am wondering why Matt Stone & Trey Parker (the creators of the show South Park) draw the Canadian characters (i.e. Terrance & Phillip) like hastily drawn, raggedy dolls with their jaws disconnected from their heads as opposed to the American characters that seem to be more detailed and defined? Any thoughts? (BTW - I like Canadians too)

Yeah, but do you like them with syrup? Or do you like them with jam? I prefer syrup!

Do Canadians really love fart humor as much as Terrance and Philip love fart humor? :)

Yes!
I made a horrible joke about a friend the other day.
He had just told that me he's going to propose to his girlfriend.

I told him they are perfect together - like peas and carrots.

He said more like beer and natchos,

and I said maybe more like beer and farts.

One is a golden beauty, while the other's a stinky booty.

Also, our last batch of blueberry wine we called "Blue Angels"; complete with flames on the label.
(which of course is what you get when you combine farting with a lighter in the dark)

On 2006-03-09 14:11, Tikiwahine wrote:
Yes!
I made a horrible joke about a friend the other day.
He had just told that me he's going to propose to his girlfriend.

I told him they are perfect together - like peas and carrots.

He said more like beer and natchos,

and I said maybe more like beer and farts.

One is a golden beauty, while the other's a stinky booty.

Also, our last batch of blueberry wine we called "Blue Angels"; complete with flames on the label.
(which of course is what you get when you combine farting with a lighter in the dark)

Canada is now the coolest place on Earth :)

William Shatner is Canadian. Could there be any more ringing endorsement of Canada than THIS?

I think not.

The Shatman must be prepared with a rich honey and brown sugar glaze. And you can stick those little clove thingys in there too before baking. He should be consumed with a fabulously expensive red wine, liberally poured.

[ Edited by: tikivixen 2006-04-07 02:00 ]

E

I dreamt about Mike Myers again the night before last. sigh I love that Cat.

Pages: 1 24 replies