Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Oh, How I Hate Them Untiki Neighbors...

Pages: 1 2 55 replies

WOW !!! Did anyone read the current Fall Atomic Ranch 'Zine !?! One featured person spews forth Anti-Tiki remarks... but does go to lament on available homes in his neighborhood ... HMHMH We buy them and Tikify his surrounding yard !!! Good Fun !!!

[ Edited by: dano_tiki 2007-10-11 08:34 ]

Lucky me, I have only one neighbor and she is cool. We set off fireworks and have bonfires and I have been chainsaw carving and blasting my stereo. She just joins in when she can.
When I was younger I partied, I partied HARD! And as I look back I realize I was probably a nightmare for some of my neighbors and I would not know want to live next to the me of 15 years ago.
My lifestyle drove my decision on purchasing the remote property that I currently own. With age comes wisdom. Chip gave great advise, learn the laws and the codes and use them as they have been used against you. It's important never to lose ones "cool" and spout with rage, it only fuels animosity and gives the intolerant a-holes excuses to continue their attack. Smart, Subtle and Smiling is the best way to approach ones defense. I hope that they all get Tiki Holiday Cards depicting a virgin sacrifice.

It's that time again! Time to piss off those neighbors, Mr Peeper and Bitterchips! We're tearing down the pirate ship and building...a pirate ship. This time the bow, not the back end (aft?) I'm tired of looking at his 'greenhouse'. The shed frame outfitted in plastic.

Meanwhile, the Mr. is trying his hand at carving. He's got an 8 foot palm log that's been drying out in the garage for 3 years. Set it up right next to the fence...4 feet from Mr Peepers's master bedroom window. You know, he likes to sleep in 'til noon, before he heads on over to the Home Depot for his late shift.

OH. Must fill you all in on the past year or more... the young Peeper Jr fell hard in love with our eldest daughter. Asked her out and everything! She wisely stated that it would be weird, like kissing your brother. (She's like Switzerland, stays neutral and overly sweet.) I say it would be like kissing the rashy butt of a baboon, but what do I know.

The thing is, their 2 boys and our 2 girls were actually getting along. And then, after "The Horrible Denial That The Whole Family Is Shamed With Daily" incident, they got very hostile and downright rude with us all. Like their whole family were shamed or something?

We then received an anonymous letter from someone stating that our RV parked on the opposite side of our house on the main road, away from their view completely...was an eyesore. And a hazard. It blocks your view when trying to make a right turn. If you NEED to see what's going on THAT far down the street, I'm thinking maybe you shouldn't be drivin. The letter said things like, "Since you've moved in, you've been pleasant enough" and "we've enjoyed having you join our community". The give away was when this 'anonymous' idiot stated he was "a little upset when you wouldn't go in on the rock wall on the property line with the other neighbors". Uh, dumb ass. It's just you and me on that line. This ain't 4 Corners, Einstein! (Best revenge is MY lavender completely covers HIS fauxgly 3 foot stone wall...which is why I wouldn't pay for it in the first place, telling him it would be obscured in a year!)

Then we started getting broken glass and nails/screw on our driveway. A little pile of them right under a tire. I'm not saying for sure it was them, but it's the same "trick" done to someone they didn't like that the boys were laughing over about a year ago. Duh.

We were also politely told that we needed to shut our dogs up for a wedding they were having in their backyard. Our dogs go to bed by 5 pm, inside, and they know that. And we should not play any of our 'different' music out by the pool during the wedding. No Ape or TO for a whole evening. And could we do something about those toads that croak so loud? (why do you think I got 'em?!)

So what with the hostile glares, the obvious snubs, the harassment, and the complaining and whining, we decided it's time to awaken from our hibernation. Time to fire up the ole annoyance machine.

Stay tuned to see if anything comes of it.

THIS is gonna be good. :)
(rubs hands together)

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader 2009-04-22 07:42 ]

OK. So my son, The Boy, has moved back in. He's 22. Him and his sisters have got to be the loudest people EVER. We put him in the room right next to the neighbors bedrooms.

Him and the girls keep yelling "Wayne!!" I guess it's from a show called Tim & Eric. They sound frantic and nutty.

They also play the goofiest music. Play GTA4 too loud. Do one liners from movies...way too loud. It's great!

We have our bedroom downstairs, so we don't hear it so bad. Besides, it bugs them more than us!

Today, we noticed them measuring the bedroom windows. Shutters? Double glass?

heh heh heh.....

Hau 'oli Tiki, Yes, I have had the same issues, with Cigar guy behind me and Wally next door, between the 2, they reported me 127 times over 5 years for things they said were wrong. I never let it get to me until the architectural committee said after looking at all the things in my yard and coming to my parties, The Tiki bar needed to move 4 1/2 feet from the rear wall. The boat was ok, it didn't have a roof, the dock was sort of ok, the roof needed to come off. We got a lawyer, we had fights and after not going to the yard for 1 1/2 years, we decided to move the bar and plant many, many, many ficus trees that now block both sides of our yard.

It was worth it, they still complain, but we ignore them, we have the rule book, we have the county rule book and we stay inside the guidelines which really annoys them! Good Luck, if you give in, you lose, stay with it and plant tall hedges

Amy

C
Cammo posted on Sat, May 16, 2009 8:23 AM

"The best neighbor is a fence."

On 2009-05-16 08:23, Cammo wrote:
"The best neighbor is a fence."

And the best revenge is Round-Up.

It's slow acting, takes about three weeks to complete its effect and leaves the area poisoned for a long time afterward. Try writing words in the offending neighbor's front lawn. My favorite is ASSHOLE Lives Here.

The effect happens slowly and appears like a natural disease.

I've used it to great effect.

Pages: 1 2 55 replies