Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Locating Tiki

Aloha Grill, Huntington Beach, CA (restaurant)

Pages: 1 4 replies

T

Name:Aloha Grill
Type:restaurant
Street:221 Main St
City:Huntington Beach
State:CA
Zip:
Phone:(714) 374-4427

Description:
Hawaiian themed Restaurant right on the main drag of HB. Great Food, Pretty good tiki decor...nice outdoor patio. The restaurant is upstairs so the patio is a nice place to sit and eat. Food is a mix of Pan-Asian, Polynesian.
http://www.alohagrill.com

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2006-03-03 09:55 ]

T

The "Hawaiian Drums" chicken wings are by far the best chicken wings I've ever eaten. They're made with a Char Siu sauce, which is that red bbq sauce what Chinese BBQ pork is cooked with, and mixed with cherry flavoring....just amazing. For like $6, you get a serving that's enough for an entire meal. The tiki decor is really nice. There are tikis, but not an overabundance, but the rest is all bamboo tiki style decor all the way.
As mush as I love Sam's Seafood, I always end up EATING at the Aloha cos the food is better in my opinion. That the food from the Aloha, and put it in Sam's, and it wold be like dying and going to heaven.

Those of yo TC'ers who haven't been....check it out. It's a great place.

This Aloha Grill is a much better destination than the Costa Mesa location. They've got very good Kalua Pork and their Rainbow drinks are a guilty pleasure on a hot day. Occasionally they have live Hawaiian music in the dining area.
My significant other is part Hawaiian and her family (mom and Hawaiian native grandfather) likes the food here.

So this is the same owners as the Costa Mesa location
you guys really like it? I have not tried the HB location yet.

But the Costa Mesa restaurant/bar is the stuff of my "Tiki" nightmares
do they still use slushy machines for their cocktails?

The food was so over priced, and the crowd is predominately a "Newport crowd"
(not a good thing....) I can say that because I grew up in that fracking town!

On 2013-03-27 09:56, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
So this is the same owners as the Costa Mesa location
you guys really like it? I have not tried the HB location yet.

But the Costa Mesa restaurant/bar is the stuff of my "Tiki" nightmares
do they still use slushy machines for their cocktails?

The food was so over priced, and the crowd is predominately a "Newport crowd"
(not a good thing....) I can say that because I grew up in that fracking town!

The Costa Mesa location is full of knuckleheads day and night. My girlfriends grandfather lives in Newport Beach and he drives to Huntington Beach to enjoy the Aloha Grill there because of the crowd at the CM location.
I do like the goofy Rainbow drinks which are Slurpees with rum or I drink beer when I go.
Main Street HB is full of fight ready knuckleheads after dark, especially on the weekend. We only go to Aloha Grill during the afternoon.

Pages: 1 4 replies