Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Oasis 2nd Annual Room Crawl... Let's get it on!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 176 replies

P

Yes, it was Ookoo. She PM'd me about it.

C

Looking for "One" of at least two pairs of earings.......

I want to thank all of you for joining us and I hope we will keep the tradition of 135 alive......and for each of the hosts all the drinks I remember were fantastic.........abnd the room decours were fabu.........

and many of you asked the Lazy drinker is here http://www.lazydrinker.com/

Crawling last year was great, but hosting this year was even better! Big thanks to our co-host Monkeyman whose excellent bartending skills and attention to detail brought it all together. The Monkeypods were killer!

Mahalo to all who stopped by room 1331. Nina & I also had a blast crawling and enjoying the excellent offerings of all of the other room hosts. A BIG standout was Ran's "Keelhaul". Yes indeed, we were Keelhauled... or more properly, "AL-Keelhauled"!

A-A

On 2006-05-04 11:25, Hau 'oli Tiki wrote:
Mention TC at Tader Morts, and he'll give you a discount!

Wish I would have know this when I went there to Get Ran( Kick the Reverb) a $4.00 9 volt battery for his guitar rig, on Friday after eating at Miguels next door.
Of course I'm sure that only pertained to booze. LOL!!!

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I heard that from Many people that Ran's drink(The Keel Haul(sp?))
was "insanse, over the top,outta this world, a real ass kicker, made them blind, made them see new colors,
made them stumble, made them fly, or just want to go to sleep, many( especially Chongolio) who said he woke up with a small plastic Pirate in his mouth)Did.
Being that I' have been Ran's Guinea pig while testing out his new drink recipes a few times, and helping him prepair for the Debut of the Keel Haul.
I must attest that he is a true mad scientist at drink making( in the best terms of course).
Cheers to Ran, and thanks for everything again.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2006-05-08 00:13 ]

H

On 2006-05-08 00:12, bigtikidude wrote:
... Ran's drink (The Keel Haul(sp?))was "insanse, over the top, outta this world, a real ass kicker, made them blind, made them see new colors, made them stumble, made them fly, or just want to go to sleep, many( especially Chongolio) who said he woke up with a small plastic Pirate in his mouth)Did.

Yes! The Keel Haul was exceptional! Filled with more volitile booze than the Bali Hai Mai Tai but 100X more delicious.

My brain immediately experienced the sensation of being dragged under a boat and viciously scraped to bloody ribbons by razor sharp barnacles... but in a good way.

Ran, I'm still trying to figuire out how to make an ice cube tray that will produce barnacle shaped ice cubes! I'll let you know my progress.

Mahalo buddy!

Viva Los Sand Devils!

The lil plastic "pirate"!! That's what that was in my hair the next morning!!!! I was so f****ed up from that and the plastic dude in my hair only added to the mystery.
As you all know, the Mr got so keelhauled by those drinks and became outwardly drunk for the first time that I've ever seen! It was truly an awesome sight! I think I'm STILL buzzed!
Many thanks to all the room hosts, but a huge Atta Boy to the Keelhaulers!!
PS: Sorry if my bad memory is making me forget who what where when how. It's not like I had a really great memory before this weekend (Due to an accident) but now it's REALLY messed up!

On 2006-05-08 10:24, Hau 'oli Tiki wrote:
The lil plastic "pirate"!! That's what that was in my hair the next morning!!!! I was so f****ed up from that and the plastic dude in my hair only added to the mystery.

Good thing that was theonly thing in you hair after a drink of Ran's
and a crazy weekend like this.

I'm sorry you set your self up for that one, I couldn't resist.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

On 2006-05-04 23:31, Hanalei_Pirate wrote:
Well Lava Pants okayed my bartending, woo-hoo!

Just want to explain my "failure to bartend" for the crawl - my work screwed me up at the last minute and I was not able to get the lime juice together on Friday morning as planned and we ran so late that we didn't arrive to Hanalei until Friday at til 6:45pm. But I had grabbed my booze bottles and hoped to either buy some extra lime juice off someone or (heaven forbid!) buy pre-made lime juice on Saturday. Instead, I got a great big hangover from Friday and never pulled myself together on Saturday. Both Lava Pants and myself "retired" at like 10:30pm on Saturday night because we were still hungover from Friday. It is just as well, after briefly visiting Dr. Z's on Saturday, I realize I need to plan this out better; bring the juicer, an ice bucket or ice chest, some tunes and some decor - it would have been a real sterile bore in our room since all I had was the booze. So I guess the lesson here is learn to pace yourself and plan ahead!

CA

the APE Men thank all for the late night take overs... wish we could get earlier starts to room invasions, but the hospitality's never wained.... Thanks again

On 2006-05-09 08:35, crazy al wrote:
the APE Men thank all for the late night take overs... wish we could get earlier starts to room invasions, but the hospitality's never wained.... Thanks again

I'm still BLOWN AWAY by this one on Friday night!

"I think I’m sophisticated
’cos I’m living my life like a good homosapien
But all around me everybody’s multiplying
Till they’re walking round like flies man
So I’m no better than the animals sitting in their cages
In the zoo man
’cos compared to the flowers and the birds and the trees
I am an ape man
I think I’m so educated and I’m so civilized
’cos I’m a strict vegetarian
But with the over-population and inflation and starvation
And the crazy politicians
I don’t feel safe in this world no more
I don’t want to die in a nuclear war
I want to sail away to a distant shore and make like an ape man
I’m an ape man, I’m an ape ape man
I’m an ape man I’m a king kong man I’m ape ape man
I’m an ape man
’cos compared to the sun that sits in the sky
Compared to the clouds as they roll by
Compared to the bugs and the spiders and flies
I am an ape man
In man’s evolution he has created the cities and
The motor traffic rumble, but give me half a chance
And I’d be taking off my clothes and living in the jungle
’cos the only time that I feel at ease
Is swinging up and down in a coconut tree
Oh what a life of luxury to be like an ape man
I’m an ape, I’m an ape ape man, I’m an ape man
I’m a king kong man, I’m a voo-doo man
I’m an ape man
I look out my window, but I can’t see the sky
’cos the air pollution is fogging up my eyes
I want to get out of this city alive
And make like an ape man
Come and love me, be my ape man girl
And we will be so happy in my ape man world
I’m an ape man, I’m an ape ape man, I’m an ape man
I’m an ape man
I’ll be your tarzan, you’ll be my jane
I’ll keep you warm and you’ll keep me sane
And we’ll sit in the trees and eat bananas all day
Just like an ape man
I’m an ape man, I’m an ape ape man, I’m an ape man
I’m an ape man.
I don’t feel safe in this world no more
I don’t want to die in a nuclear war
I want to sail away to a distant shore
And make like an ape man."

Classic!!!!

APE Rocks!

That's so beautiful, I think I'm going to cry!

H

On 2006-05-09 09:08, Hau 'oli Tiki wrote:

That's so beautiful, I think I'm going to cry!

Sounds Kinky...

A big MAHALO to all the room hosts and the Shelley for the crawl cards. It was an honor just being a part of the 2000's (the infamous row of party rooms). Next year I may have to actually host. What kind of drink can you make from Yeungling and Tasty Kakes?

On 2006-05-10 13:51, rugbymatt wrote:
What kind of drink can you make from Yeungling and Tasty Kakes?

Hmmmmm....

[ Edited by: hodadhank 2006-05-10 15:31 ]

On 2006-05-10 13:51, rugbymatt wrote:
What kind of drink can you make from Yeungling and Tasty Kakes?

A Butter-Rum Krimpet of course!

[ Edited by: hodadhank 2006-05-10 15:32 ]

On 2006-03-20 16:30, Shell in the Pacific wrote:
Here is a head's up! Announcing... a new twist will be added to the room crawl this year! Otto and Doe have proposed that their will be a very GRAND award for the "Best Dressed Room" at this year's Oasis.

WooooHooooo! A 36 inch 1997 trophy engraved: "Best of Show" sponsored by: Eagle Awards & Trophies of Fontana is standing proud in The Soccer Tiki Grotto. LOL :)

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2006-05-10 20:53 ]

congrats woohoo. your effort was very visible

On 2006-05-10 21:03, Monkeyman wrote:
congrats woohoo. your effort was very visible

It's never much effort if you're having FUN doing it!

The amount of effort was directly proportionate to the amount of fun it was!!! Aye, and so too the hangover!

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2006-05-10 23:58 ]

I would just like to add my voice to the chorus of "thank yous" to the room hosts.

Traci and I had a great time and thanks for the drinks and camaraderie!

--SBiM

On 2006-05-11 08:34, Suffering Bastard in Maine wrote:
I would just like to add my voice to the chorus of "thank yous" to the room hosts.

Traci and I had a great time and thanks for the drinks and camaraderie!

--SBiM

It was great to meet the Bastards and have them amongst us!!!! You two are great room-crawlers!!!

Butter rum krimpets??? Exxxxcellent!

That will give something to do between now and Catalina!

Maybe I'll bring some real krimpets too just to help soak up the Alkey Haul.

Mmmmmmm Butter-rum Krimpets.

[ Edited by: hodadhank 2006-05-11 22:43 ]

Speaking of krimpets, since my parents house sat while we were at Oasis, they brought me 4 boxes of krimpets.

They're part of this nutritious breakfast!

--SBiM

SBM,

See now you guys have to journey back out west for Cat Tiki since I am making the journey (booked the tiks this AM) and will represent with butter rum krimpets out there. It turns out Hodadhank is a Philly original so I will also truck out with some Yeungling for him.

On 2006-05-12 08:22, rugbymatt wrote:
...will represent with Butter Rum Krimpets out there... will also truck out with some Yeungling ...

Holy Crap! I might have to wear my Fancy Brigade outfit and Mummers Strut all the way to Catalina! Better get my tix...

Can't make another trip out west for a while. We might get down to Hukilau.

We are also talking about having a pork fest for the weekend before fat tuesday here in Maine. You'll have to bring the fashtnachts.

--SBiM

For all of you girls who joined the Ranks of
"Cannibals Coconut Girls" and are looking for copies ofthe pix pm me your email and I will forward them to him......

Thanks to all of the hosts of the crawl. We had a spectacular time!!

T.F.

Many thanks to the Room Hosts who graciously opened up their rooms and shared their laughter, hospitality and mixology skills.

Thank you Shell for making it all happen and, of course, for the wonderful keepsakes.

WooHoo--congrats! I was wondering the other day who won the room decorating contest. I remember strolling past your room one morning and hearing a bunch of the maids squealing in delight and raving (in spanish) about your room. I'm green with envy, but the award was well deserved!

There were so many rooms, I didn't get to see, a possible thought for next year: Posting who is decorating rooms and a possible "walking tour"??? something to think about....

T

Savage Patty and I would like to thank all the hosts for opening up their rooms and mixing up some awesome drinks during oasis. It was great meeting alot of you, sadly we didn't get to meet all of you(next time). As long as I live I'll never forget the sound of Woohoo!

Yeah...My kids were yellin Woo Hoo in the pool the other day and I automatically holla'd back!! They thought I was crazy!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 176 replies