Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Suffering Bastard in Playboy...

Pages: 1 16 replies

H
Helz posted on Sun, Mar 12, 2006 5:55 AM

Just a little something that I found on page 18 of the April 2006 issue of Playboy...

So why did I post this? Several reasons...

1. I finally found something that no one had posted yet. (sweet!)
  2. To prove that I do, in fact, read it for the articles.
  3. So that, however naively assumed, we might start a bit of a letter writing campaign to get them to print a retraction for this recipe, as it is such a travesty. (And maybe even send them a pic of the right mug!)

Just a thought.

For Reference: "Email via the web at LETTERS.PLAYBOY.COM Or write: 730 FIFTH AVENUE, NEW YORK, NEW YORK 10019"

L
Loki posted on Sun, Mar 12, 2006 7:19 AM

Helz,
You are so correct about them butchering this drink. I was yelling outloud when i read how they said to make it.

I tried to tell the wahine that the articles are really informative but alas, no such luck.

IZ

Good God...

Dear Playboy:

Hey fellahs, it's just the drink's NAME. You're not REALLY suppose to suffer like a bastard when you drink it!

I,Z

And if we complain enough they might make good with a photo spread of "The Girls of Trader Vic's" in a future issue.

isn't "suffering bastard in playboy" a contradiction of terms??......like "military intelligence"?..

Hey, Tipsy!!! Watch yourself!!! As a former military man I take offense at that and I want to tell you ... um ... ah ... you're absolutely right ...

hey guys...remember this is PlayBoy we're talking about? All the reader cares about (Most of em) are the naked girls, not the articles, so the writer probably didn't really think it through before writin.

I betcha HUSTLER knows how to make a proper Suffering Bastard (Larry Flint suffered for years after he got shot). On second thought they probably concentrate more on Sex On The Beach, Screaming Orgasms and the ever popular...Slo Comfortable Screw...Sweet foo-foo drinks that help the aspiring young stud get his date into the sack (the female version of beer goggles).

If I was in playboy, I'd prefer to be in it about 30 to 40 years ago when the women still looked somewhat natural.

Besides, you're more likely to find me in The Nation than Playboy.

--SBiM

Interesting. So women in Playboy no longer look natural? Helz--you've obviously got an issue of Playboy and a scanner. Let's see what one or two of those women look like. I want to judge their naturality for myself.

L
Loki posted on Wed, Mar 15, 2006 9:59 AM

I second that request...

you could always go to playboy.com.

:|

L
Loki posted on Wed, Mar 15, 2006 12:25 PM

I just want to see if Helz will do it...just a triple dog dare.

H
Helz posted on Wed, Mar 15, 2006 12:53 PM

Give me a bit...I'm on it.

[MUST.... NOT.... POST.... INNUENDOS......]

--SBiM

Glad to see Hanford finally got the TC time machine working, I opened this thread, and I was back in the fifth grade.

I don't know, I watched a few episodes of "the girls next door" and based on that, I can't BELIEVE Playboy can't make a decent tropical drink...

H
Helz posted on Thu, Mar 16, 2006 12:04 PM

Well, shucks, I can't do anything ornrey when I'm being watched by someone who knows I'm up to no good.

Pages: 1 16 replies