Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

$710 for a Set if 1st Edition Shag Mugs...

Pages: 1 9 replies

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=553&item=925512394&rd=1

Have they ever gone for this much in the past? That seller must be the happiest guy in the world right now...

A single mug went for like a little less than 100 recently...

[ Edited by: tikimaniac on 2002-12-03 20:28 ]

S

I was watching this set, but it got a bit too high for me.

That price seems about right for a complete set. I don't think single mugs are going for any less than $150 now.

...and that was with the signed & numbered tags MISSING!!!!

T

I beleive this is the highest that I have ever seen them sell for. Did you guys notice that even with the ever increasing value of the first edition mugs, they seem to be easier to aquire than the second edition? What's up with that?

Tikirob

Did you guys notice that even with the ever increasing value of the first edition mugs, they seem to be easier to aquire than the second edition? What's up with that?

tikirob,
I always felt the same way. When the first set of Shag mugs came out I used to see them all over town. In fact, I would actually check the tag for the production number and buy it if it was a lower number than what I had at home. Then I'd just sell the one I had at home. But when the second set came out they sold out almost immediately! I never saw any of them around town and when I see Shag mugs come up on eBay it always seems like its a first edition mug.

I still don't have ONE mug from the second set....

T

I still don't have ONE mug from the second set....

Same thing with me. Even though I didn't start to gather my first edition set until several months after their release, they were still fairly easy to get and reasonably priced. No such luck with the second edition set.

Tikirob

S

Initially I had a shot at the second set but blew it by thinking I could pick them up after the dust settled. By a stroke of luck I got them from Wes at House of Tiki just before his grand opening! The only thing is that this set was missing the tall Ratongo.
I have been trying to track down that illusive little bugger in shops and on Ebay but to no avail. Also, I'm not sure the second set was ever completely released in full. Holden tells me that Tiki Farm had a lot of problems with the glazes for the second set and that's why they are so tough to find.

Someday...

"He will be mine.
Oh yes, he WILL be mine!"

Aloha,

Arty

I've got the tall Ratongo second edition, but no other Shag mugs. C'est la vie.

Trader Woody

S

Dang!

T

Same here Woody.

Pages: 1 9 replies