Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Restaurant Auction in DC area

Pages: 1 12 replies

T

(This auction has ended!)

Check this out! Lots of stuff - some cool tiki stuff. Lots of restaurant stuff.

http://www.maxanet.com/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?rasmus23/category/ALL

[ Edited by: tikigap 2006-03-27 19:50 ]

Some nice stuff. It says for pick up. Do they mail out?

T

I dunno - you gotta contact 'em. I heard they demand that you show up and pick it up.

Yep, there it was in the small print: do not bid if you can't pick it up. Too bad.

T

That sucks for out-of-towners. Sorry about that. Tell you what, you win it, and if it aint too big, I'll pick it up and ship it to you... but it'll cost ya.

R

It looks like these items are all from the late Polly Esther's club and maybe Tequila Beach (which was around the corner) assuming that's closed down too. Interesting stuff -- thanks for posting this! These joints were right near Chinatown and the Spy Museum. Walked into TB one evening before it was really hopping, but it was more a college crowd venue with a surf/beach theme than a true tiki bar.

Woo-hoo! More stuff for the Lounge!
Um...if I win that is.
BTW, (pardon mini-threadjack) the same auction house is auctioning Blackie's House of Pit Beef & Lulu's Mardi Gras...2 historic DC institutions...which can be yours, if the Price Is Right!
peace,
Scottiki

AWESOME!!! I wish I was closer, I'd graba bunch of that nautical stuff.
If you're close (and the prices stay close to what they are), things to grab:
Rope ladder, the port light!!!! (snatch that one! - looks real, but could be a replica), that ships wheel looks cool, but is most likely a replica and about the same price as one you could get new (ish), those fake rocks could be cool and (most importantly) that BUD neon light!!!!

Check out all those sam Gambino prints!!!

Very cool auction to have close to your home

I

Most of the tiki/nautical stuff is from the Tequila Beach night club, which had a lifespan of less than two years. I made one visit there, and never felt the urge to return. Here is a thread of the place that we had on the local VA/MD/DC tiki board two years ago.

http://marylanddctiki.proboards2.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1076381501

The giant shark above the danceflorr was quite impressive - 16 feet long, and bigger than many of the SUVs on the road today. That is up for sale on the auction. I wonder what happened to the giant Aztec head?

Vern

I am going to be there tommorow, but have to leave on Sunday. Wish I was not going to be 3 hours away on pick up day - Monday.

T

Here's the one piece of crap I bought there...

and the back

$23.00 - it's really carved by hand into some soft wood. Notice that they screwed him right between the eyes. Poor bastard.

I

tikigap;

From what I can recall from my one visit to Tequila Beach, you bought the one best item of tiki in the entire place. Congratulations!

Vern

T

Hey thanks for the encouragement Vern! They had a few masks too... but I'm glad I didn't bid on those.

Pages: 1 12 replies