Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Search ebay misspellings

Pages: 1 10 replies

M

Anyone who has spent time on ebay knows the value of finding a misspelled or misslisted item. Check out this tool for searching for your favoorite misspelled auction:

http://www.robscoollittlewebsite.com

The Search Tool link is in the upper left. You gotta check it out!

9178 misspellings for tiki......

G

Doesn't seem to work for me. Anything I submit results in two "error on page" popups. I tried turning my popup blocker off, but same results. I'm using IE 6.

Me too, GatorRob.

Wondering how many misspellings for "Shaheen" there are out there,
F

Not sure what's up with the errors.

I've gotten a few good results for Tiki Mug, usually Tikki and TikiMug as one word. My coworker collects Star Wars stuff and he finds Storm Trooper stuff misspelled all the time. Make sure not to click the box so it only shows the misspellings.

Some words are often misspelled like "Diamond". You can find good deals on "daimond" rings. There may be people out there misspelling things on purpose to trick people into thinking they are getting a deal, but others are just dyslexic.

I try tikki every few days, tikimug sounds like a good one. Hawaiin will usually get a few results too.

TH

9217 hits.....I looked around and found not much for Tiki Items....Nice heads up, thanks a lot for the info....

On 2006-03-28 10:12, MauiTiki wrote:
Some words are often misspelled like "Diamond". You can find good deals on "daimond" rings. There may be people out there misspelling things on purpose to trick people into thinking they are getting a deal, but others are just dyslexic.

I thought the very same thing when I saw the "Dimond" example. I would be very wary about buying what I thought was a diamond when the auction misspells the word. Sometimes fake diamonds are given names like "diamonique" or something like that.

There sure are some funky misspelling of papua new guinea. Thanks for the link. its fun to see what pops up.

M

On 2006-03-28 14:44, TB Hawks wrote:
9217 hits.....I looked around and found not much for Tiki Items....Nice heads up, thanks a lot for the info....

Yeah, if you do a search for just "TIKI" you'll get a ton of results. It works better if you search Tiki Mug, or Tiki Vase etc...

I found one listed as Tike Vase. You never know what'll turn up.

There is an Orchids of Hawaii string holder on ebay....

String comes out the hole in the lid.

Pages: 1 10 replies