Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Aloha and Goodbye for now...Personal announcement

Pages: 1 2 53 replies

Hi, I got your personal note and went and read the Andy Landry thread for the first time in a long time. I am so happy to finally meet you.

I tried to reach you when I first started with the whole Barbara donate a tiki item gig. There were so many TC people who questioned her as a scammer that I tried to find you before jumping in head first. When you were not available (now I know why) I thought she was for real.

She took me down a path where she described the ordeal of her husbands death and her sons illness and how she was in therapy but would never recover. She said of her tiki order with you how she made the mistake of telling her son and how every day from his hospital bed he would ask, "has it come?"

She broke our hearts with her stories and then her lies. She is evil because she used the photos of a boy who may have died from his cancer to steal. She and her husband do need therapy to get a conscience.

I hope that your life picks up and you find all the joy. The gift I received from all of this is having met so many wonderful people. It even inspired Dan and I to go to our first tiki event at Forbidden Island. We had so much fun meeting people who love tikis that we will be going to Tiki Oasis 7.

I visited your web page and saw how talented you are. You can visit mine at http://www.claytikis.com just for fun, it's not up and running for sales. I'm in collaboration with Gecko on eBay with the Bloody Maori. He has 18 left.

Tiki rock and rule, Wendy of danlovestikis (Dan my husband collects but never touches the computer)

K

Aloha kaha ki'i!
Glad to see you are up and running again. I read this thread today, been there/ done that/ it stinks. But your quote is correct...it's difficult but it's worth it...
Hope you find your peace in your art.
K.

KK

Ben- You know I love you uncle and cant wait to sit by the TC fire and learn more of your tricks and hear stories from the land & life of Benzart!!!

Wendy- Big Mahaloz for your response! Yes, Ive just about got the whole Barbara Landry story and Im still stunned and amazed at what some people will do with the precious time we have here on dis kine rock!!! Ive realized there is a balance in this world that wont let the weight hang to far to one side for too long. They will "pay" in some way for what theyve done to all of us... But, I am curious to know if they ever got da kine shaft for being scheisters?!?! DID the authorities ever do anything? I just walked away from the whole drama after I informed the Police, too much stress and energy only to be wasted on someone that doesnt deserve it. Im glad we all learned from the experience though... We learned plenty, like how big the hearts are of the truly pono people here on TC... Truly.
Big mahalo'z to you Wendy and I hope to meet you and Dan someday!

Kikekeke- Mahalo to you for the kind comment! From now on, there will be peace in my art and in my heart (with a little help and heavy gratitude to you all here on TC!). A Hui Ho!!!!

T

Aloha Kaha Ki'i!!!
We missed you around here! Lotsa folks did! It's great to have you back! The makau I got is still here! I wear it every day, and even during some scuba diving when the missus and I were in Hawaii. I think it's got some mojo to attract manta rays! I got tons of compliments on it, too! Thought you should know.
Awesome work, it's held up so good.
Anyway, great to hear from you, and glad you're back! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your awesome work!
Happy Christmas!

Anoai Kaha!

You were slipp'n out when I checked in to TC. I hope you found strength on your journey braddah! Great to have you back amoung da arms of ohana. I look forward to seeing your carves and chatting about, chin up, stand tall and make yourself at home!!!

A hui hou, cuz & Flip-flOp-fLipPp... :D

Since Hewey brought it up there really isn't any news on going after Barbara. The police said there was no crime because she didn't solicit anything. But since she lied they sent me on to the district attorneys office, same thing, they sent me on to a reporter who said he would investigate. I phoned him several more times after that and left messages but he never called back. There are bigger crimes and stories out there.

The military had me send copies of all her emails to them and said they would send them on to the Jag unit. I was told that in cases where someone lies concerning the military they take it seriously. I hoped they would go to her home. I never heard back.

After a while I just got on with other projects and tried not to think of her.

Meeting up with you has made the circle complete and has answered all the questions that we had about you and Barbara. Once again I got to meet someone nice because of her so good things came of this.

So my friend Wendy in Oahu said she was thinking of making the tribute mug, maybe I should work on one! She and I could have a contest as to what one should be made, I know what Barbara would look like with the clown doctor pinching her nose and tikis ripping out her heart. Wendy in California

Pages: 1 2 53 replies