Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Forbidden Island: Special Tiki Central-only Sneak Preview Party April 20th

Pages: 1 2 3 101 replies

S

I'd love to be there and bring Sparky too! :D:D

355 miles away from me!

Wish I could be there...I did get a sneaky-peeky about 2 weeks ago and Mr. Martiki was (is) a real gentleman - this place is going to be (already is) ZAZZ!!! no - make that DOUBLE ZAZZ!!!! Those of you going are in for a real treat and be sure to take TONS of pictures 'cause I want to see how it all turned out!!!!

mmm...forbidden island...

What are your hours going to be on Saturday the 22nd?

For those of us that will be camping out all night, should we bring a Weber for bbq? Food? Let's see, 6pm till closing, heck, that's,...wait,.....let me do the math, that's,.......8 hrs. with no food? What's the lowdown diggity on food? Cannibalize? Boiling hot cauldron's with dumb white explorer guys inside? smack, mmmm

On 2006-04-18 18:45, Tiki from the Black Lagoon wrote:

It's an all-day event, starting at 3pm with Tahitian dancers and a tasty buffet spread.
If you're in the mood to contribute to the buffet...by all means.

I can't wait til Saturday! I am so excited to see everyone's hardwork!

I am not sure if Russell S. Monkey will be in attendance, he wants to know what kinda banana drinks will be on the menu before he commits to the airfare!

On 2006-04-19 09:57, inkylouise wrote:
I can't wait til Saturday the 22nd! I am so excited to see everyone's hardwork!

I am not sure if Russell S. Monkey will be in attendance, he wants to know what kinda banana drinks will be on the menu before he commits to the airfare!

We want Russell "the muscle"! (and Inky, too, of course) :)

On 2006-04-19 02:34, Conga Mike wrote:

On 2006-04-18 18:45, Tiki from the Black Lagoon wrote:

It's an all-day event, starting at 3pm with Tahitian dancers and a tasty buffet spread.

What?! No wahine dancers tomorrow night?
Well, there better be a waterfall, or I'm gonna be pissed. :)
Expect another great surprise tomorrow too.

M
mig posted on Wed, Apr 19, 2006 12:52 PM

I'm there, cutie pies. With Apple Venus.

Hold the mayo, and don't forget the straw!

On 2006-04-19 12:52, mig wrote:
I'm there, cutie pies. With Apple Venus.

Maybe Wasp Star can come next time?

M

On 2006-04-19 12:29, Unga Bunga wrote:

I hope you didn't have a sex change!! :)

I knew someone who had a sex change once. Yup, changed from right hand to left!! HEY-YO!!!!!!! tee hee.

B

Dancers tomorrow night would have been awesome!

.....but give em enough drinks and there should be a few dancers before too long.

On 2006-04-19 16:06, mrsmiley wrote:

No, actually up on stage, I'm gonna shove a bottle of Bacardi up Mr. Smiley's butt while he sings his rendition of "The Forbidden Sounds of Don Tiki"
Have your cameras ready folks.

On 2006-04-20 09:56, Unga Bunga wrote:

On 2006-04-19 16:06, mrsmiley wrote:

No, actually up on stage, I'm gonna shove a bottle of Bacardi up Mr. Smiley's butt while he sings his rendition of "The Forbidden Sounds of Don Tiki"
Have your cameras ready folks.

Where is the surprise in that?!?! :wink:

i am thirsty!!!

MT

I'm parched - and nothing's gonna quench that thirst like a Sidewinder's Fang!

Wow...my head hurts after last night.......Argh...Sunlight!

What an awesome place. Two thumbs way up to all involved. It was great to get out of my office cave and finally do some meet & greet...( Sorry for any unwanted advances towards...ummm pretty much all women there...LOL)

B

WOW! Amazing decor, outstanding drinks, great people... Big Mahalo to everyone that created this new bay area oasis.

Donde Esta los fotos ??????

A crown jewel!! An E ticket!! What a "soft" Grand Opening night! Wonderful friendly people all decked out in aloha attire. A 40 drink menu.. hard to pick which one to start with (try the Coronado Luau!). The planning and hard work sure paid off. Martin's (and friends) visions, Bamboo Ben's (and friends) crafty talents, and a great drink pouring crew made last night THE BEST! I am sorry Friday was a work day for me, and I had to cut out early, but I had a GREAT time. Thanks Martin and all those who put together a really fun evening. I am glad my aloha shirt blended in so well with your decor!!

MAHALO! It was nice meeting more of the Bay Area ohana, and saying hi to those I have already spent time with. I hope Alameda has a good supply of aspirin!

• Myke

I've just posted my pictures & description in the Locating Tiki thread:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=19194&forum=2&1

Those who were there last night -- don't forget to add your rating of Forbidden Island to Critiki!

http://www.critiki.com/cgi-bin/location.cgi?loc_id=552

What a wonderful time we had last night -- so many people I only get to see once in a blue moon, and I met lots of new people, too, which is always a treat. The crowd was just right -- the place was hopping, but I also was able to have lots of great one-on-one conversations with folks. Saturday is going to be a blast, too, but I can't wait to experience it as our weekly hangout (Wednesdays!). Thanks so much to Martiki, Conga Mike and Mano (and their wahines, who have done a whole ton, too) for creating this great place, which would be worth the trip even if it were on the other side of the world, but luckily it's right here in our backyard.

Wow, what a great evening. I had so much fun last night that it took me until noon to recover! :D

Forbidden Island is absolutely amazing. The decor is perfect, drinks top notch, service is impecable. And it's only a 6 minute drive from casa de MaiTai's! It was great to spend time with friends...
Martiki, Conga Mike, Mano, et al: You outdid yourselves.

ZAZZ :)

I had a incredible time.
The best of friends and a Tiki bar to die for.
I have contacted my post office, and am now having my mail forwarded to Forbidden Island.
Thanks you Martin and Mike and everyone else who helped make this place a reality.
Long Live Forbidden Island!

T

What a wonderful time last night. Somebody wake me up from this dream that such a place exists right in my neighborhood. On second thought, don't wake me up!

S

I second everything! What a killer place it is, I will be showing my face on Wednesday evenings for sure. I met a lot of people I haven't met before - how lovely to know there are so many cool folks around these parts that I haven't been aquainted with yet!

This is my link to photos from last night: http://www.snapfish.com/share/p=710211145641708822/l=93213194/otsc=SYE/otsi=SALB

Suzanne

M
mig posted on Fri, Apr 21, 2006 2:20 PM

Me very, very happy. Lots of photos coming soon.

I think this is the most useless post I've ever made. :D

wow what a great time!! we had a blast! if you couldn't make it last nite make sure you go on saturday. you will not be disappointed! the place is absolutely beautiful and the drinks are hands down the best that you'll get in northern california!

L

Loved the bar, drinks, people, Ohana Hut and happy that Alameda has an official Fez safe zone for Mai Tai. Thanks to the Jab for the tour and to cleen for the "ninjapants" demo.

S

On 2006-04-21 14:20, mig wrote:
Me very, very happy. Lots of photos coming soon.

I think this is the most useless post I've ever made. :D

Hahahaha. I don't know about that. I'm glad you're happy.

Suzanne

G

On 2006-04-21 14:15, suzanne wrote:
This is my link to photos from last night: http://www.snapfish.com/share/p=710211145641708822/l=93213194/otsc=SYE/otsi=SALB

Can't view your pictures. Snapfish requires me to register first. Not gonna do that!

My God, that is the most amazing collections of rums I've ever seen. It's like some one started serving out of a BevMo! I need to get my ass up to the bay area!

AWESOME!!
I have never seen such an awesome transformation. From a dive bar to the Jewel of Alameda. Thanks Mano, Conga Mike, Martiki and all the people behind the scenes for such a beautiful place. Everything about Forbidden Island is Truly Authentic Tiki.

Thanks to The Jab too!

Preview of Chongolio's Ohana Hut

The Jab's Swank Pad

:music: The Beautiful Peopul, The Beautiful Peopul, :music: you too Mike!

Chongolio's Ride

Inside FI

Booty Shake

Da' Hula Hula

Get in touch with your inner native!!
Create Paradise!!

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader 2006-04-22 21:38 ]

HH

get back here you hethens. there plenty more rum to go around.

T

On 2006-04-22 19:17, Jungle Trader wrote:

:music: The Beautiful Peopul, The Beautiful Peopul, :music: you too Mike!

I'm sniffin' the Cask 23!! That stuff smells even more heavenly than it tastes!

Forbidden Island has CASK 23 shots- go there and experience! (unless you can afford a $300 bottle of rum) :D

Uh yeah, now I remember D Hat handing me a shot of that Cask 23. 15 clams a shot. All I could do was sip it carefully. But, you're right TikiHula, it was very good. And I might've been a naughty boy, cuz I'm just now remembering the naughty things I did.

MT

Okay, Humuhumu has been getting onto me about not posting my pics yet, so here goes! These are from the Tiki Central preview party on Thursday April 20th:

Randy vs. Randy

:music: :music: :music: Hello, Hello, Hello... :music: :music: :music:

They came from the land down under! (I never had a chance to chat with them either - dohhh!!!)

Randy touches my fugu.

Do you know how to whistle? Just put your lips together, and blow.

I'll have what she's having!!!

"That last drink tasted like warm apple pie!"

Who's gonna give me a high five? C'mon, high five!!!

Dancing madness!

HulaHula actually exclaims "I think I've actually had too much to drink!!!"

You guys are the best!! Mahalo for being patient with a new cocktail waitress! See you all again on Wednesday.

~T

the forbidden island is soooo beautiful; everyone involved should be awful proud! you can tell that it truly is a labor of love because of it's cool ohana vibe! i had a great time, the drinks were all incredible and super tasty!!!

russell and hubert really loved all the tunes on the juke box...

best of luck, and i can't wait to come back!

what a gorgous waitress you have there but I may be a lil biased......looks like everyone had a great time....I know my first stop next time I am north

S

I cant' wait to get down there and see it in person!
Looks Amazing!
Pea

Haole'akamai is awesome! Smiling and gracious in all situations -- even when there's an hour long line right outside the door waiting to get in. :o.

Greeting everyone with a friendly Aloha. I love the wonderful matching accoutrements! Truly a wonderful server and hostess. It will be your pleasure to meet the now famous Haole'akamai :)

:drink:

T

On 2006-04-25 08:37, Dr. Shocker wrote:
what a gorgous waitress you have there but I may be a lil biased......looks like everyone had a great time....I know my first stop next time I am north

I agree. But I am MORE than just a lil biased :wink:

S

I have been waiting for pictures of the place and all you guys post is pictures of people! I wanna see the tiki joint!

HH

ya people suck

I thought about that. It's very difficult to do any pictures justice in a dark tiki bar. Go there!

On 2006-04-26 09:48, Swanky wrote:
I have been waiting for pictures of the place and all you guys post is pictures of people! I wanna see the tiki joint!

Check out the Critiki page picture gallery
http://www.critiki.com/cgi-bin/pictures.cgi?loc_id=552
Humu's posted some awesome photo's of the interior.

[ Edited by: Conga Mike 2006-04-26 17:40 ]

T

And, here's some photos Blowfish and I took:

Pages: 1 2 3 101 replies