Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Taboo Tiki Beach Cruiser Bike

Pages: 1 25 replies

TF

Once upon a time I had one of these babies. Designed by Von Franco for Dyno, a subsidiary of GT bicycles, a subsidiary of Schwinn. The Taboo Tiki is a lean green machine with a super cool glowing tiki on the front fender. I find that I am constantly kicking myself in the arse for letting it go. Nasty Breakup.

Just wondering how many if any Tiki Centralites have one of these rare gems and how are they enjoying it?

Will find another on ebay one day..

T.F.

I got one, found it in Austalia.
It doesn't get much use here in London though, if I took my eyes off it for one moment it would get nicked and the first time I ever took it out I got hit by a van. Luckily I saved my beloved bike from geting damaged by using my body as a shield.

V

I once had the opportunity to buy it a few years ago, but was too slow to decide...and the day I went to buy it, it was gone.
I know Jorge Alderete has one in Mexico city

S

I have one, and love it.

Always gets a lot of attention cruising along the beach, especially when heading home after happy hour while the green tiki light glows.

aloha
I got one a few yrs ago. Like sirginn sez draws lots of attention. the green tiki light pulsates and flickers, lighting the way. great for the beach but not for the hills.

T

On 2006-04-15 15:35, Tiki Fink wrote:
Once upon a time I had one of these babies. Designed by Von Franco for Dyno, a subsidiary of GT bicycles, a subsidiary of Schwinn. The Taboo Tiki is a lean green machine with a super cool glowing tiki on the front fender. I find that I am constantly kicking myself in the arse for letting it go. Nasty Breakup.

Just wondering how many if any Tiki Centralites have one of these rare gems and how are they enjoying it?

Will find another on ebay one day..

T.F.

I have a NEW IN BOX TABOO TIKI BIKE 4 Sale going to list on ebay 6/26/06

H
hewey posted on Thu, May 25, 2006 9:00 PM

Me no have, but me likey!

Cheeky - bruises fade but a bent frame doesn't! Good inititiave and thinking!

I have Taboo Tiki and it is the coolest thing ever, I bought it 5 years ago. I found in the back of an old crusty bike shop covered in dust. I told the guy to not sell it til I came up with the cash, he acted amazed that somebody wanted to buy it. 1 month later I had the $ and then I had the new Tiki. Its a magic ride that turns heads everywhere I go. I have a grip on a Fat Tire Beer in one hand and the other hand on the handle bars and I coast the asphalt world. I am the only owner of one these that I know or have met. I will never get rid of it, somethings dont have a value they are just meant to be yours. I use to cruise the streets of the Central Coast of Cali, but now I live on a Island in the San Juans of WA State. Nobody has seen the likes of another bike like this. Good luck to everyone in search of.

ST

As of last summer you could still get the tiki for the front fender as an accessory. I thought about it but it would clash too much on my black, flamed-out bike. I also saw a Big Kahuna cruiser last year that was tiki themed but I don't remember who made it. I think Nirve had a tropical model last year that had a nice tan leather seat with a big Ku embossed in it.

We need some pictures please. :)

Dammmit! Now I have to learn to ride a bicycle!

N

While running a search for a Nirve Tiki seat I ran across this thread. I couldn't resist a reply, so be gentle on the newbie.

When I bought my first Dyno Glide Deluxe bike the Taboo Tiki was not available. Me and a buddy thought it would be cool to build a Tiki themed bike, so he did. He found a Kustom Kruiser Roadster at a local bike shop that was a display model. He managed to get a decent deal on it and the project was a go.

A few weeks later this is what rolled out of his shop. Enjoy the "Biki Tiki"

Taboo Tiki looks awesome in person i believe it is modeled similarly after a motorcycle that von franco built. Not sure but i think that was the deal.

On 2007-08-23 12:31, RockNRollRatfink wrote:
...i believe it is modeled similarly after a motorcycle...

reminds me of this very cool harley-beachcruiser:

I have a taboo tiki bike for sale. I'm in southern cali. Unfortunatly it has nicks, I let someone borrow it and they treated it like crap. still in good condition considering. asking 200.

H

I sent you PM if you still have the bike.I'm in HB

I ALSO HAVE A TABOO TIKI I LIVE IN THE CITY OF ORANGE
IM READY TO PART WITH IT

[ Edited by: TIKITIKITAY 2009-08-10 19:32 ]

I just listed mine on ebay today ^_^ We moved from NY to NM with it. Now we live in the mountains where it just isn't being loved the way that it should be. Anybody interested look up ebay item # 180606820896

So sad.

E

My dad has a Taboo Tiki he bought new. He has barely ridden it, and it is in great shape. He even has the owners manual. It is a very nice riding bike. If anyone is interested, send me a message. We are located in Ohio.

E

Yeah I picked up a taboo tiki back in early 01, did a few mods, to my liking, but the stuff that matters is still there, have a look.

Aloha everyone,
By the Power of Grey Skull I came across this amazing piece of art a good will store last weekend, it is in amazing shape and I cant tell you how unbelievably STOKED I am to start the restoration. Everything is original, all GT components and even the original Dyno Street Slicks. I have already ordered a few things that it needs including the original owners manual but it is missing one of the adhesive "D" emblems that cover the screw hole on the tank. If anyone has any ideas on how I might find a set I would be greatly appreciated. I will post before and after pics on the Rustoration on the exposed metal parts and other upgrades.
Mahalo

EJ

Nice find. I have been kicking myself for not buying one of those when they came out. Had one in my hands but did not pull the trigger. Looks like you are missing the light up tiki for the front fender. Nirve make a repop of the original. Look on Amazon. They are about $30.

Thanks Amigo best 50 bucks ill ever spend, the tiki light is already on the way

I have a Taboo tiki for sale if anyone is interested! Im in Los Angeles.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/bik/5472081044.html

[ Edited by: madametiki 2016-03-01 14:23 ]

TP

Selling my taboo tiki, excellent condition $600. South OC. Pick up no shipping, thanks, mahalo

Thank you, it's been SOLD.

[ Edited by: Tiki pop 2017-04-24 16:23 ]

Pages: 1 25 replies