Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Trader Mort's Mug by Munktiki

Pages: 1 8 replies

I was poking around the Munktiki site and I found the Trader Mort's Mug. I hadn't seen it before and couldn't find any info on it though it looks new. It's on the order form but not in the new section or on the tiki mug pages. http://www.munktiki.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=TMTM&Category_Code=TM

I appologize if this is old news but I thought it was pretty darn cool. Description as follows:

"The Trader Mort's Tiki was carved by Eli Hedley in Midway City, Ca. at the Island Trade Store. Eli is noted as the Original Beachcomber and the Grandfather of Bamboo Ben. The Tiki now stands in front of Trader Mort's Liquor Store in San Diego Ca.. This modified version of the original Tiki is a Tribute Mug to Eli and his wonderful carvings. The mug is 7 inches tall and holds close to 3 cups. Limited to a run of only 120 mugs it sells for $40.00."

[ Edited by: sporkboyofjustice 2006-04-20 15:10 ]

T

No, not old news, and now no longer available. (Sold Out!)

T

Kingstiedie has one in his mug collection and this is why I said that we have an unofficial second winner of the second Munktiki contest. Bamboo Ben entered the design into the contest.

Seeing as they were available yesterday I guess I helped em sell out before I could place an order. It's a really good looking mug but I'm on a bit of a budget at the moment. As always good stuff from Munktiki and Bamboo Ben (and family).

I like the fact that munktiki is starting to make tiki mugs based on actual carvings, i look forard to more tribute creations in the form of tiki mugs.

[ Edited by: Tikinomad 2006-04-22 13:40 ]

A

I spoke with a guy who works at Trader Mort's this past weekend, and he told me a new mug is on the way. He wasn't sure exactly when it's supposed to come out, but from his decription it sounds like the mug will be in the shape of the Trader Mort's building.

I REALLY WANT the Trader Mort's mug. If anyone wants to sell or trade one, please PM me. Thanks!

That's great arriano about the new mug. I am excited to check it out.

You might check Ooga-Mooga and see if anyone has one for trade or sale.

I have. Also the last one on ebay was taken off by the seller, they sold it before the end of the auction (which sucks). I have been looking for it for a long time.

Pages: 1 8 replies