Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Wedding Advice

Pages: 1 5 replies

PI

So, we finally decided to set a date and we're getting married at the Mai-Kai on Oct 14th. The reception is the in Tahiti room and I'm trying to get some good advice on ways to incorporate Tiki gods or Polynesian traditions into the day.

My fiancee is an artist, so he may paint individual paintings for our guests as favors. We're also designing our own invitiations. We also thought about turning some of my vintage 50s Florida postcards into luggage tags for the guest favors.

We're looking for any ideas to help make our day unique. Let me know if anyone has ideas for us! We get to kick off our trip to the Hukilau by getting our marriage license. Exciting!

Thanks,
Anna

tiki cake topper:

Decorated Salt & pepper shakers:

http://www.unklejohn.com/013.jpg

leis (orchid or kukui nut)
Pineapple wedding cake
The Hawaiian Wedding Song

Congratulations, Anna

My fiancée and I are planning to drink our toast out of a scorpion bowl with an ice volcano.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Some great ideas so far. I was wondering what your dress/theme will be and will this be indoors or outdoors?

I like your idea about luggage tags for the guests. You can also get custom stamped swizzle sticks, which are good collector items.

Pages: 1 5 replies