Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Forbidden Island: Needs your review!

Pages: 1 11 replies

M

Hi gang,

We've just been listed on Citysearch, and need some reviews to fill up the page:

http://sanfrancisco.citysearch.com/profile/41917620/alameda_ca/forbidden_island.html

The more we get on there, the better our search engine results.

Thanks everyone for all of the support, and as always, see you at the Island!

ps- there's some reviews on yelp.com as well!

M

Done! even signed up to submit the review. My allegiance and dedication knows no bounds...remember, Alameda is well over 12 miles from my home.

I did my best to convey the experience at Forbidden Island. Actually, I just pasted a bunch from my recent post here at TC about my visit to the Island(but without the candid snaps, dang it). Hope it helps, as Forbidden Island deserves our support, not simply because we are familiar with the owners, but because it is a high-quality establishment.

Overall: Highly Recommended

midnite...now hoping to have his recent "86-ing" revoked. Cocktail Amnesty for El midnite-o!

M

done--do you have a happy hour?

T
thejab posted on Tue, May 2, 2006 1:57 PM

It was hard to keep it under 150 words!

H

Done! Don't forget to add your review to Critiki, too:

http://www.critiki.com/cgi-bin/location.cgi?loc_id=552

CL

Done. I sang it's praises.

U

I've been almost a dozen times since they opened and I'm crazy about the drinks and decor. I went last night and I'm already strategizing my next visit. I've read a couple dozen customer reviews of the place and no one has mentioned the ambient aroma when you walk in. The smell hits your brain before your eyes have a chance to iris down to the shadows, a deep rich fragrance that's sweet and musky, redolent of damp wood, fruit and amber. I've never been in God's girlfriend's lingerie drawer, but it would make perfect sense if it smelled like the main room at Forbidden Island.

On 2007-03-21 16:58, ukebox wrote:
I've never been in God's girlfriend's lingerie drawer, but it would make perfect sense if it smelled like the main room at Forbidden Island.
Hahahahahaha!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That just might be the best and most unusual simile I've ever read!!!

Even with the mildly blasphemous allusion!!

Oneathesedays, I'll get back to California and I'll smell that draw-, I mean, main room!
F

Only been once...it was at capacity, so maybe some day they can expand so more people can gather there. Decor was great...had the Monkeypod and it was awesome.

P

ukebox and I will play Forbidden Island together one day if everything happens as I wish it.
It will be one of the best days of my life.
I hope I can help him play the song of Yum-Yum.
Then I'd like him to help me play "Find Forbidden Island."
Demarara Dry Floats.

Yeah.

I have only seen pics, and heard other peoples raves.
But it is first and last on my list of places to go, and things to do, the
next time I get up to the Bay area.

I'm droooling to get there.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

Dirty.
Dusty.
Loud Heavy Metal Music.
No Shower.
Sleeping Bag.
Futon.
Rain.
Splinters.