Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Tiki Torch Night at Mai Kai May 11th!!

Pages: 1 15 replies

Tiki Kiliki Productions presents yet another chapter of Tiki Torch Nights at the Mai Kai in Ft. Lauderdale, FL - Thursday 5/11/06 at 7:00pm - midnight. We've waited a long time for this one so there are many surprises that won't be announced - you'll just have to show up! Be there between 7pm - 8pm for your chance to win a FREE Mai Kai Club Membership ( see details at http://www.maikai.com ) this membership entitles you to several discounts throughout the year and will be a collectors item as the Mai Kai celebrates their 50th Anniversary in 2006!! This month brings an authentic feel of Aloha as we enjoy the sounds of Florida's own "Haole Kats!" For those of you that have never seen this band live, you are in for a treat!! Their repertoire ranges from standard Hapa Haole tunes to Rockabilly, Swing and Surf!! The night would not be complete without the Mystery Drink Raffle - $2 a ticket or 3 for $5. Raffle tickets not only buys you a chance for the Mystery Bowl, but drawings will be held all during the night as you also have a shot at winning Mai Kai drinks and various Tiki themed giveaways! Your chance to win a Tiki Carving from Kreepy Tiki might entice you to buy one of their raffle tickets - they're limited to better the odds! Complimentary appetizers can be devoured from 8 - 9:30! Enjoy the sounds of Lounge, Exotica and Hawaiian Hapa Haole between sets and bring extra cash as vendors have great items for you to take home! 7PM - midnight, $5 Cover For more information go to http://www.tikikiliki.com/tiki/tnmaikai.htm

Yee-Haw & Aloha,

The World of Tiki Kiliki

[ Edited by: tiki_kiliki 2006-05-04 10:39 ]

L
Loki posted on Thu, May 4, 2006 4:53 PM

We're in. It's gonna be great.

Looks like a lot of fun!

Damn I miss Trader Vic's Tabu Tiki Nights!

K

Cannot WAIT to play for the TC Ohana at the Mai Kai Tiki Torch Night on May 11th. HAOLE KATS!!! are REALLY looking forward to it, and for me (Kanekila) personally, I can't wait to play those old Dick McIntire and Andy Iona hapa-haole tunes on my 1938 Epiphone steel in the Molokai lounge, surrounded by really fun people drinking some of the best drinks in the land, in a decor that's remained pretty much unchanged for FIFTY YEARS!

Pretty frickin' cool. I sure hope Pablus is there, but he'll probably be at The Louvre or Piccadilly Circus or some damn place... always some lame excuse....

The only thing that will keep us listening in the Molokai is that the party actually takes place in Somoa and Tahiti. We can move the party there after 11pm or so. Don't worry guys, it'll be a hoot!!!

K

Hey Florida Ohana (and beyond)...

Our good friend Pablus said that he may make it down to the Mai Kai this Thursday night for Tiki Torch Night. Yeah, baby! That is, of course, if he's feeling better. Seems he got a bit 'o the sniffles after coming back from Europa. Not sure if he was sick, or just sad to leave London (or just Hamn Dappy to be back home in the good ol' U.S. of A.)...

In any case, everyone send lots of positive thought mojo his way, so he'll be feeling great, and come down for the party. It's time.

Just three nights away!

Kanekila

Oh Pablus, I would love to see you at the event!! I hope you feel better to make it. I've got to hear about London anyway - I'm going on June 8 - 18 and you can tell me what not to miss!

P
pablus posted on Mon, May 8, 2006 4:58 PM

Nice to be loved.
I reciprocate with all of the strength left in me. Which means I hate you all.

uggh. "bit of th' sniffles" just ain't it.

105 fever for 2 days and still feeling dizzy and weird for 3 more.
I've never been this sick. It's actually the perfect way to finish the year. What I mean is - a year ago May 5th I went into the hospital and this year I almost did again.

I just don't like that holiday one bit.

I'm just thankful it didn't happen while I was traveling.

Anyway. The Amber Love Goddess is taking good care of me and it's a possibility I could ride down there for that really fun-sounding event.

Bring the health!!! Bring the Jet Pilot!

K

I've never been this sick. It's actually the perfect way to finish the year. What I mean is - a year ago May 5th I went into the hospital and this year I almost did again.

I just don't like that holiday one bit.

Guess we'll have to start calling it "Sinko de Pablo."

Just wanted to advertise that Oceania, Etc. from Delray Beach will have a prescence at Tiki Torch Night, thanks to the lovely Tiki Kiliki.

I will be vending on behalf of Dominique, the owner, who is sick with a bud that won't go away.

Don't forget to give a tip of the hat to Kreepy Tiki of Miami.
Hope to see you there.

H
Helz posted on Fri, May 12, 2006 1:54 PM

How about some pics for those of us who couldn't attend?

Hope you all had a great time!

L
Loki posted on Mon, May 15, 2006 5:26 AM

Thanks Tiki Kiliki for a great event. StumpGrinder and I had a wonderful time. It was the perfect kick off to our Anniversary weekend in Key West. It was great to see the local ohana and to finally hear and meet guys of the Haole Kats. You guys really brought the house down. Loona and Natalie from Kreepy Tiki really do nice carving work and they are cool cats as well. Glad to have meet you. So, a few pics.

Looks like you all had a good time. Sorry I missed it. I spent the weekend with the family camping in the Keys. Not tiki themed - there were tikis present at the Fiesta Key KOA. Check it out before April next year when it is turned into another condo complex.

Loki - did you stop at any of the roadside venders that had tikis?

K

Hey Loki -- those are great! Do you have a slide show of all the pics at Shutterfly? I'd like to see the big one of this pic with the closeup of my hands playing the steel. I'd love to send that one to my moms.

What a fun time. We had a great time, and look forward to doing it again soon.

Mahalo!

Kanekila

H
Helz posted on Fri, May 19, 2006 8:08 AM

Loki,

Thanks for the pics! Looks like an amazing time was had, I'm really sorry we missed it.

On 2006-05-10 14:38, I dream of tiki wrote:
Just wanted to advertise that Oceania, Etc. from Delray Beach will have a prescence at Tiki Torch Night, thanks to the lovely Tiki Kiliki.

I will be vending on behalf of Dominique, the owner, who is sick with a bud that won't go away.

Don't forget to give a tip of the hat to Kreepy Tiki of Miami.
Hope to see you there.

Kreepy Tiki...Interesting...Hmmm...I should meet this Kreepy Tiki...

Pages: 1 15 replies