Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Tiki in Long Island NY

Pages: 1 4 replies

Any tiki bars / restaurants or any tiki related things here on Long Island?...Any info would be appreciated....Z

What part of Long Island? It's a Looong Island! There's Tiki in the Flushing/Corona area & out toward Montauk, too. Put the area(s) you're interested in into the search page, or try using Critiki and use the "Search by Location" function.

One I would recommend against is the Blue Honu in Huntington (maybe a weak Hawaiian vibe). They pulled the stealth charge thing on us, a table of 10, and we ended up paying $50 for bottled water!
The only other place that's close is a place at Sunset Beach on Shelter Island. Not really tiki, but there is a cool attractive European crowd (not Eurotrash), thatch, and great (pricey) mojitos. It's got 3 thatch covered levels and an incredible beach location. More European than tiki, but a great vibe, nonetheless. Definitely a place to visit.

R

so you dont like blue honu because you were offered bottled water, chose to order it ... and was charged for what you ordered? I dont get it. When ever you go out to dine in most full service restaurants, they offer you bottled or tap water, and any educated diner knows that bottled water is not free!!! You didnt like your experience because you didnt know what you were doing.

"Don't know what you're doing." What, do you work for the Blue Honu? They kept pouring without asking, resulting in $50 for water! I'm far from a restaurant amateur, as you so snidely suggest. I consider myself more of an epicurean, actually.
This is known in the industry as stealth charges, for YOUR information.

Pages: 1 4 replies