Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

3 XL Hawaiian Shirts For Free

Pages: 1 9 replies

J

I feel like a complete idiot and I'm fighting back the urge to vomit... but I just received in the mail, via an Ebay auction, 3 XL Hawaiian shirts. Now you might be asking yourself, what's the problem with that? Let me tell you... I took them out of the envelope, tried them on and the f-ing buttons are on the wrong side! I bought 3 XL women's shirts! Damnit, why didn't I read the fine print in the auction listing! Well here's the deal... anyone of the female persuasion or any of those of the male persuasion with a wahine who would wear these, or even anyone who might have a thing for crossdressing as a 65 year old Hawaiian tourist, shoot me a PM with your address and these friggin' shirts are on their way with warmest regards from a particularly pissed off/embarrased/disappointed tikiphile in Bel Air Maryland! Please someone take them off my hands immediately! So much for adding these to my shirt collection!

J

Do people have so many Aloha shirts in their closets that they don't even want them if they're free? I'm absolutely floored that no one has stepped forward to receive these three free shirts! Come on people - the sooner I get rid of these damn shirts the sooner I can get on with my life! :wink:

T

Got pictures? Free is a good price...

Tikisgrl

So, the only difference between these shirts and mens shirts are that the buttons are on the wrong side? I have shirts, coats, pants, etc with buttons on either side. If that's the only problem, I don't see it as much of a problem. I even have men's shirts with the buttons on the lady's side.

If, however, these shirts are rather feminine, with darting and busty-ness, pleats and flaps, well I commend you for offering them to the hungry aloha shirt masses. I hope they find a good home.

J

They are definitely women's shirts - they've got the buttons on the wrong side and they fit a little too snug for an XL - but they don't have any frilly attributes.

Tikisgrl - no I don't have any pics and I'm not going to take them out of the package again to photograph them... let me reiterate the most important part of my offer - THEY'RE FREE! :D

H
hewey posted on Tue, May 9, 2006 7:42 PM

I'm interested! But Im in Australia - Ill PM ya

The shirts are spoken for... I'm happy to see them go!

E

On 2006-05-09 17:27, Tikiwahine wrote:
So, the only difference between these shirts and mens shirts are that the buttons are on the wrong side? I have shirts, coats, pants, etc with buttons on either side. If that's the only problem, I don't see it as much of a problem. I even have men's shirts with the buttons on the lady's side.

I dont even knew that theres a man/woman difference on which side the buttons are?! ...

so whats the men-side? maybe my whole wardrobe is full with women-clothes! oh god! :)

H

Well if you have been buying shirts from the men's department you are in good shape. Otherwise.....Ayyyyyyyyy :drink:

The men's side just so happens to be on the right-hand side of the shirt - Evilpat you better get to checkin'! :wink:

Pages: 1 9 replies