Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Munktiki Ceramic Coconut Monkeys!

Pages: 1 2 89 replies

please, let's all just get along. my offer still stands: if anyone missed out on the monkeys, i'll sell you one for what i paid. i can spare 4. i hope that's not too greedy. :)

Aloha fellow tikiphiles!

Hey I'm still a newbie round these parts, so I want to get in on the Coconut Monkey LoveFest!!!
So here's my 2cents to play...
-One: Munktiki makes icy hot mugz with designs to make people go-gonuts for coconuts...agreed?!

-Two and Three: Conspiracy theory, Tiki Oasis 06 (Hanalei) and Trader Mort's (Eli Hedley)mugs...lotsa angry folks empty handed, BILLION$$$ to be made on eBay?!

-Four: Oh yeah, the pricey but available...for over a week, "Mysterious Eyeball"?!

Ssooo here's where I'm going...I'M A MUG LOVER TOO! and I gotta tell ya, I get pretty chapped when I:

• set my alarm
  • open multiple windows for checkout
  • confirm my 30mbs fiber-optic connection is blazing
  • make loan arrangement with offshore bank account
    _and Dang! took too long to decide, had to pee or the dog jumped in my lap...BLINK! SOLD OUT! Crikey!
    Cheez Whiz! Rock,Paper,Scissors...I'm a loser!

Oh yeah, and except for the 'Mysterious Eyeball' Limit One...I was so nervous and keystroke happy waiting for the green light to purchase that I "pre-clicked" 20-times and sent an order for $2100.00!!! Tee-Hee-Tiki-Ha-Haw! Stuckie & Paul did not allow that outrageous purchase...thank the tiki-Godz for that one!!.

I pm'd a few collectors, made some good trades or at cost purchases...a friendship or two amoungst our ohana. Hey, some folks are willing to share or giveaway thier rare Munktiki's...go figure?!

--Now back to Coconut Wired...oops, no that's Chongolio and TC Ohana Mug - Oooooh that's already got us tiki-peeps in an uproar...Anyway, ceramic Coconut Monkeys...each one different?!?

I think backdoor strategy, email [email protected] ...after all I tried to get $2100 dollars worth of eyeballs right? Here's my message from 48hrs after TO6...

----- Original Message -----
To: 'Munktiki'
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 7:08 AM
Subject: Coconut Monkeys?

Aloha Paul & Stuckie!
I saw photo’s from TO6 that you guys sold ceramic ‘coconut monkeys’? Do you have any left and are willing to sell???
Chokest Mahaloz,
TravelingJones

-Reply from Munktiki:

Good News! Yes the Coconut Monkeys will be for sale on the website soon! They are not limited edition mugs so no worries you can get as many as you like for years to come.

Cheers!
Paul

Munktiki
561 Junipero Ave.
Pacific Grove Ca 93950
http://www.munktiki.com
[email protected]
phone 831-372-9223
fax 831-373-3086

--Posted on TC: Paul replies to praises on coconut ceramics and monkeys (EDITED for brevity)

On 2006-05-10 6:01 pm, Man from Munkle wrote:
"...the Coconut Monkeys will be on our website in a week or so, plus they are not Limited Editions."
Paul

---So here we are coconut monkey mug lovers..."you can get as many as you like for years to come. -Paul".

Come on jones, make a point?

Well all I know is, Munktiki makes icy hot mugz with designs to make people go-gonuts for coconuts...-AND-
that is a GREAT THING in my opinion. They and other artists creating art and ceramic collectables, Limited or not, that folks go crazy over and want to have! Way Cool,place to be!!!
So for myself and my horde massive Munktiki collection of 'TWO', I get to look through Kingstiedye,Atomichick and other 'Ultra-Munktiki' collections and go DANG!I'm a loser...NOT!!

To close from my rrrambling, I suffer from tikimuggingitis and severe potterydysplacia after loss of any eBay auctions, Gecko's, tOnys, Diablos, C'Als, Demons, Pop-n-VanTikis'and Jordan Designs...you name it I want'em! I'll keep clicking along and someday I too will never leave my hut...the waters will rise and me and my tikis will become a natural reef for a colony of SeaMonkeys!!!

Dig'n da kine workz Munktiki, geev'em Paul & Stuckie!!!
Shaka Y'all and Flip-flOp-flipPp....

The great thing about these mugs is that they are not limited and Paul will be making them for a while, so everyone who wants one , will have the opportunity to get one. Imagine if they were a one time deal.

In all things collectible, there are those who get some of the items and others who get other items, I never can get everything, so sometimes I buy 2 of something to trade for what I don't have.

If everything was easy to get, no one would want it. It's the thrill of the hunt that keeps most going. This especially true when yu have such a love for something like Tiki

Amy

Amy

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2006-06-16 14:51 ]

K
Kono posted on Fri, Jun 16, 2006 3:02 PM

C'mon teaKEY, be a man and post your personal attacks right here for all to see them.

On 2006-06-16 14:03, via PM teaKEY wrote:
baby and a tattle tail . and ... now go run home I hear your mommy calling.

So why are you attacking me teaKEY? Why are you calling me names? Did I say something to hurt your feelings? Did I attack you?

Do you think ktd will like you more? Maybe send you some mugs or buy some of your art?

C'mon Precious, share your feelings with us.

Oooh yeah and I forgot to mention, I don't have any Munktiki ceramic coconut monkey's...yet!

i implore teaKEY and kono: please let this drop! it's making me sick to my stomach that i'm at least partially responsible for this bickering. please listen to the wisdom of travelingjones, one of the wisest men i know.

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2006-06-16 15:09 ]

On 2006-06-15 16:23, Tikiwahine wrote:
you think everyone will ever get their coconut monkey fix?

I guess that answers my initial question. Yes, everyone will eventually get their fix! Yayyy!

T

Travelling, you certainly have a way with words. Are you some sort of novelist?

[ Edited by: teaKEY 2006-06-16 17:40 ]

K
Kono posted on Fri, Jun 16, 2006 3:35 PM

On 2006-06-16 15:22, teaKEY wrote:
I just wanted to see if he would post again and prove me right. But this post here is about Munktiki and the Fine stuff that they make.

WTF are you talking about? Initially, my whole point was that people should leave a few of the mugs for others to purchase. How does that make me a baby? Or a loser? (Yeah, he's still PMing me! :D )

And once again...I already have a mug. This has nothing to do with me, personally. I just like to see everyone get a chance. Is that wrong?

So who's the baby? Who's PMing taunts?

Dude, I seriously don't know what your problem is. I've read your posts ever since you've joined up and have never had a problem with you (that I can recall) and don't remember you acting this way before. So where is this shit coming from?

T

Dude, stop PMing me. Be a bigger guy here and stop writing all these lies about me and stop PM me and posting about me. Just leave me alone, please.

K
Kono posted on Fri, Jun 16, 2006 3:59 PM

http://konotiki.blogspot.com/

Bottom entry for the Zombie Headhunter drink. Look at the comments.

:music: :music: :music:
Kumbaya Tiki, kumbaya
Kumbaya Tiki, kumbaya
Kumbaya Tiki, kumbaya
Coconut Munktiki, cumbaya

...everybody sing. :music:

Tikiwahine, kumbaya
Kingstiedye, kumbaya
Kono, kumbaya
nitropic, cumbaya

:music: (Solo) Queen Kamehameha...

TravelingJones, kumbaya
teaKEY, kumbaya
TIKI-TONGA, kumbaya
Ceramic monkeys, cumbaya

(visual)...small torches swaying with the palm trees

:music: :music: :music:
Tiki Central, kumbaya
TC Ohana, kumbaya
Paul and Stuckie, kumbaya
Coconut Monkeys...CCcUuUmMmBAaaayyyyaaaA!!!

...I'm Pau!! HO, tip'yo munktikis, they be ataken care O'you, Uneeda take care of them!

:) :) :)

:tiki: Reverend Monkey Love, Peace

Man,..what the hell is going on?
this is F'n weird. Reminds me of something that happened to me this morning.

Ok so.... For the past 3 days I've been getting these chat messages coming in from "Skype" on my computer, all in a foreign language. I had somehow been put onto this chat list. I would just close the windows whenever they came up. This morning, it was around 7 am the message window came up again. I did some investigating, everybody on the list is from Lithuania. So,... I decide to send a message and asked " How did I get on this list? Could you take me off?"
The response I got was "I kill you","Fuck off". Man was I surprised.

-stuckie

lol stuckie! i think that's even weirder than this thread and i didn't think i'd be saying anything was weirder than this!

jonesy, i just sang your song and it really made me feel better!

N

me too, ahh tranquility...

Yo Stuckie,

Aaaah-Ha! The Lithuanian Connection!...largest of the Baltic States, hhhmmm Baltic Sea...it's all becoming clear now. Greed, Lust, Anarchy...Sloth, whooo boy, and all cleverly disguised as ceramic coconut monkeys!! Quick someone ring the President!

:music: Do-dee-do-do, Do-dee-do-do...(Rod Serling intro)

Flip-flOp-flipPp...

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.