Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Coming soon - new DC/VA tiki bar - Mama Qwan's

Pages: 1 2 replies

I

Some of us in the DC/VA area are excited about a new tiki bar that will be opening soon - 'Mama Qwan's Tiki Hut' coming to the Clarendon area in VA (about 2 miles west of the Lincoln Memorial) It is in the location of a former Greek Restaurant, along a road that gets a fair amount of traffic.

The Clarendon area is a popular destination for 20-30 year olds, with lots of bars in the area. This area has become fairly commercialized in recent years, with a Container Store and Cheescake Factory located one block from Mama Qwan's. The Clarendon metro station is only one block away. One of my favorite places to see live music in the D.C. area - the Iota Club, is located about a 3 minute walk from Mama Qwan's. It would be nice to have another 'oasis' location to visit in the midst of this commercial urban canyon.

When I took the pictures below, they were still in the early state of renovation, with only a small single tiki hanging on one of the doors. I have no idea when Mama Qwan's will officially open - my guess is several months from now.

Keeping my fingers crossed ...

Vern

What exciting times we live in...News of a new tiki bar almost weekly!!
Awesome!!!!

Happy Mama's Day!!! :wink:

Pages: 1 2 replies