Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Tiki totem for sale on ebay

Pages: 1 8 replies

K

Here is a 3ft totem. I listed it 3 days ago on ebay and no one seems to like it. I like it so maybe another tc member will. He is a short fat little guy. 3ft by 10-11 inches in diameter.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=928939571&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:US:1

Well I for one think that it is a fine work. You really inherited the knack for cartoony but elegant Tikis from your grand father. If I would have the money I'd buy it.
Maybe you should start with a lower price in order to engage bidders, some e-bay veterans swear by that. I know it's worth twice that much or more, but I think starting prices over 100.- bucks scare of bidders.

I am sorry the book is taking me so long, once that is out the Witco name will mean something again.

T

I think it's a great piece. I could have sworn that someone already bought it - I had it bookmarked as my homepage the last time it went up just to watch it.
Hmmm...I think I might need this for my new house. :)

K

Bigbro-Thanks for the info I will try that on my next one.

Tiki bot- Its good to here my tiki was your home page for a while. That was probably the last totem I posted on ebay. They look alot alike except for the mouth. I think it would look good in your new house also

[ Edited by: keigs20 on 2002-12-12 17:54 ]

T

Well, it IS gonna go in my new house cuz I WON! Can't wait to see it.

Check is in the mail!

Tiki-bot

"Tiki Lives!"

• Fortune Magazine

[ Edited by: Tiki-bot on 2002-12-13 18:49 ]

M

Great piece at a very atractive winning bid. We were really looking at it, but alas...it's not the $$$, it's the square footage. When one lives in a limited space like we do everything must be dual-use, just ask Oprah!

Coulda sworn we saw one of your pieces at the Red Rooster (?) antique shop in Vegas. Really looked like your work. Very similar to this piece, priced at $300.

Been wanting to tell ya this...we were in Vegas months ago.

midnite

K

Tiki-bot Im glad a tc member won I hope you enjoy your totem.

Midnight tiki- I did sell a totem to an antique shop in Vegas for the guy to resell.
I think it was a two faced totem about 3.5 feet tall. I have sold totems to a few places that want to resell them. I always wondered how much they would sell them for.

keigs20 wrote:
I have sold totems to a few places that want to resell them. I always wondered how much they would sell them for.

Ken,
I highly recommend contacting Wes (House of Tiki), and Ben (Bamboo Ben's) if you are looking to sell your items through actual retail stores. The items they have at each store are great, but with your unique carving style (ala WITCO/Westenhaver), I think your carvings will be a great addition to their selection offered to the public.

Email me if you need their contact info.

SugarCaddyDaddy

K

On 2002-12-14 10:16, sugarcaddydaddy wrote:

keigs20 wrote:
I have sold totems to a few places that want to resell them. I always wondered how much they would sell them for.

Ken,
I highly recommend contacting Wes (House of Tiki), and Ben (Bamboo Ben's) if you are looking to sell your items through actual retail stores. The items they have at each store are great, but with your unique carving style (ala WITCO/Westenhaver), I think your carvings will be a great addition to their selection offered to the public.

Email me if you need their contact info.

SugarCaddyDaddy

I would like some info if you dont mind. I tried clicking on the email link and it did not work for me because I erased my outlook express. That is what happens when I get mad at my computer for being so slow and try to make it faster by eraseing stuff I dont think I need. If you can, send the info to [email protected] I can still recieve mail thanks Ken

Pages: 1 8 replies