Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

the strange world of tipsy mcstagger -art and more!!

Pages: 1 23 replies

well, it was bound to happen eventually......figured I might as well start a thread to show off my work and open it up to any compliments or criticism......i'll have some new work up shortly for some shows coming up this year, including but not limited to, the ashbury lanes show and the dva gallery annual tiki show. -once I finally figure out how to display photos here...but for now...Here's my website: http://www.dskdesigns.com for those of you unfamiliar or those that may want to reaquaint yourselves with my work.

enjoy!!

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2006-05-19 18:12 ]

..don't forget the ashbury lanes bowling pin art show extravaganza opening this weekend!! features over 75 artists, including me!! you can probably view the pins online this weekend if you can't make it to the opening....sounds like a blast, with "the yard dogs road show" and black and blue burlesque dance troupe....juxtapoz is sponsoring this event(I think)....

-enjoy!

J

sounds like fun...I produced a show with the yard dogs road show for the Sawblade on the Avenue of the Giants, Humboldt County, California, what a talented group of musicians, dancers, fire eaters, and of course Hellvis... twice they played at the Blade... definately worth checking out... good luck.

http://eddyjoecotton.com/yarddogs.html

the yard dogs at the sawblade, also, the 19ft. giant of the avenue, I carved, (the reason the dogs stopped their in the first place, all very serendipitious)

[ Edited by: J.S.G. 2006-05-24 22:30 ]

[ Edited by: J.S.G. 2006-05-24 22:44 ]

I just saw the Yard Dogs this past Sunday, at the Birchmere Club in Northern Virginia. What a great show - definitely one of the best Vaudeville/Burlesque shows I have seen in years. They do a fantastic job at creating that sleazy Tom Waits 'Bad Day at the Midway' carnival aesthetic

Check out their remaining tour schedule - they are definitely worth seeing if they come near you.
http://eddyjoecotton.com/events.html

Vern

SHIT!!! ...I just looked at their schedule and realized they just played here in chicago on the 15th and I missed them!!!! arrrrgggghhhh!!!!!!

thanks for posting that link though....

here's pics of the bowling pin i made for the show.....sorry it took so long to post.

B

You definitely have a prize seat on the Funny Bus. I Love the personality of the pin and Mostly the Workmanship is Perfection.. I Really loved your tiki farm mug entry too!

thanks ben!! always good to hear feedback from one of the greats!!

..here's some more pics of past work i did for some gallery shows....

tiki table lamp

fertility god wall lamp

this tiki was cast in plaster from one of those cheap plastic party store tiki wall hangings.......not my brightest moment as it feels like it weighs a ton!!

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2006-08-03 18:46 ]

.....and here's the latest bike i finished building...."The Nightcrawler"

Nice wheels Dave... very slick!

B

You must have a machine shop in your studio, the stuff you do is so mechanically perfect. Love the bike.

T
teaKEY posted on Fri, Aug 4, 2006 7:18 AM

I'm hopefully going to get a tiki bike done for the last few day of summer. Two actually and one of those, I was thinking satin black or maybe metallic purple

On 2006-08-04 05:12, Benzart wrote:
You must have a machine shop in your studio, the stuff you do is so mechanically perfect. Love the bike.

thanks againn for the props!!-

actually, i have access to a full shop with welding equip, vacuum forming, cnc mills, end mills, lathes, a mold making shop and wood shop where i work...i only have a small studio at home to do the detail work and such.......i know, life's rough, right!!

On 2006-08-04 07:18, teaKEY wrote:
I'm hopefully going to get a tiki bike done for the last few day of summer. Two actually and one of those, I was thinking satin black or maybe metallic purple

i'm thinkin' a trike with a rack to carry my skateboard to the skatepark here...

Nice ride Tipsy! I'm digging that bowling pin too. You are one lucky bugger, having access to all of that equipment.

cheeky half

...here's some more of my art from a few shows back....enjoy!

Hey Tipsy!
Those last few things,while shocking and politically significant,were a bit creepy! But that bowling pin and some of that Tiki stuff is RAD!You should post this stuff in Creating Tiki-other Crafts where all us arteests and aficionados hang out! But you know that already...

B

Yeah, we know you are a sick puppy, but now down to the good stuff. Excellent work, can't figure which I like best, Dead Boy, or the One Eyed Puppy That No One Would Play With..
Maybe we're all a little ill here.

H

I like dead boy.

HK

Tipsy - Wow! You've got some great ideas, man. I gotta say, The One Eyed Puppy is my favorite. Very creative stuff. I look forward to checking out some more of your work.

Thanks for coming down both dyas to The Chef. It was great to meet some new folks. We're gonna be looking at next year's dates pretty soon. Hopefully we can get a chance to chat a bit more next time.

Josh
http://www.whollycatsband.com

[ Edited by: Haole Kat 2006-08-22 18:23 ]

G
GROG posted on Tue, Aug 22, 2006 1:08 PM

Tipsy, you are one sick and twisted individual! Your art borders on downright disgusting!

Now, how much is Deadboy, and do you take Visa or should GROG pay by check?

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-08-22 13:10 ]

On 2006-08-22 13:08, GROG wrote:
Tipsy, you are one sick and twisted individual! Your art borders on downright disgusting!

Now, how much is Deadboy, and do you take Visa or should GROG pay by check?

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-08-22 13:10 ]

..sorry grog!! all of them have been sold already....

okay- here's some new stuff...

I made these trophy's for the Rock-n-bowl-a-rama tournament next weekend in Las vegas.......The bowling arcade game was designed by friend andrew pines of cosmodog and liscensed to NAMCO....I actually built the original prototype of the game for andrew-you can see it on the flyer at the website under "press" ......At the last minute i was asked to create some fun trophies for the event and here they are:

to view the actual game, go here: http://www.bowl-o-rama.com

and here's a group show coming up that i have a piece in if anyone is in indianapolis that weekend:

Here's the piece, called "HAWAII 2025"

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2006-09-26 18:09 ]

[ Edited by: tipsy mcstagger 2006-09-26 19:27 ]

Pages: 1 23 replies