Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Kirby's Art (paintings}Slingin paint again "KonTiki"pg8

Pages: 1 2 3 117 replies

K
kirby posted on Mon, May 22, 2006 7:29 PM

Im starting a new thread just for my paintings since we now have two sections in creating... Ill try and start it with a bang...
This is my newest painting
12x24 acrylic on canvas
Im callin it "headhunter chick" for now

KIRBY
Kirby's Island.com
The Tiki Adventure
Kirby's Gallery

[ Edited by: kirby 2008-11-21 09:52 ]

[ Edited by: kirby 2009-01-04 11:30 ]

[ Edited by: kirby 2009-07-22 23:32 ]

great new painting kirby!

H
hewey posted on Mon, May 22, 2006 8:11 PM

Most blokes wouldn't mind a little head off her...

:)

Nice painting man

K

You too funny hewey... thanks

Cool, kirby! I like that little "Flintstones Gone Wild" vibe it has.... :wink:

C

She needs sunblock.

Lots and lots of sunblock.

:)

Nice! Good to see new stuff.

Jeez Kirby, her eyes are so big.

K
kirby posted on Tue, May 23, 2006 2:32 PM

are you sure you r looking at her eyes....

G
GMAN posted on Tue, May 23, 2006 4:50 PM

SWEET! I'll take two of those!

K

sweet tits alive - am i allowed to say that? sorry

no, really - i like the blending in the sky - it makes the mood that much darker and helps the subject matter come across as that much MORE grim ... LOVE and DEATH!

Ba-Ba-BaaZoom! x2 SsweeetT!!

Flip-fl0p-fLipPp...

Ahh, what a NATURAL beauty! I bet you used a live model...hey, we can dream! Great work.

Beachnik

On 2006-05-23 14:32, kirby wrote:
are you sure you r looking at her eyes....

What else would I be looking at?

Kirby Man that F innnnnn Rocks Thats my kinda Art . Tyger

H

Kirby I really like how you painted that moon....wow..... :) :) :) :drink:

Dude let me know when your done , Consider it SOLD . . Tyger

That painting makes me wish my head was being hunted by ol big eyes. Nice work Kirbz.

Chongolio

A

Got the shield/spear piece. It's a beauty. Those slackers at Oasis don't know what they missed!

B

Definitely Sweet!

homina homina homina!

K
kirby posted on Mon, Aug 14, 2006 1:47 PM

hey guys i just wanted to let you know i am now taking order for prints of the headhunter babe.. the prints measure 11x6ish and are printed on matte paper... Ill be posting the link in a bit over in the market place.. or you can pm me...thanks kirby

K
kirby posted on Mon, Sep 11, 2006 2:20 PM

Here a new painting for the tikis and terrors 2 show. It was inspired by polynesiacs lil baby tangaroa. Im callin it
"babytangs revenge" for now...

Kirby's Island.com****The Tiki Adventure
http://www.myspace.com

[ Edited by: kirby 2006-09-11 17:50 ]

i dig it, kirby! dark, yet cute. congrats on being featured in t&t2.

K
kirby posted on Mon, Sep 11, 2006 5:57 PM

thanks bullet.. T&T2 should be a great time so everybody should try and make it to the show...

Kirbler. That is cool looking. It reminds me of the old cartoon with the little mouse hiding the gigantic ax behind his back. Did you use oils on that one? Wish I could make it down and submit something for the TnT gig. But trying to stay out of trouble hangin out with you freaks in So Cal.

Chongolio

H
hewey posted on Mon, Sep 11, 2006 7:21 PM

Thats really kool man! love it :)

J

Babytangs is cute, but just twisted enough to keep it cool! Really nice work Kirby!

WANGO TANG-O, kirby...KILLER!!!

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

Shes MINE HEHE .

Already got the space and mount ready. F - in SWEET right next to my Prayin for 7 S canvas .

G
GMAN posted on Wed, Sep 13, 2006 6:38 PM

Ooooooohhh! That's right up my alley! I REALLY like this one Kirby. You are a wild man!

-Gman

That little guy's got a sinister side. Ona n' Moki bettah watch out!

See ya Saturday!

P

"There's an amazing website that makes oil painting from photo:
http://www.paintyourlife.com

It turns your picture to painting. There are beautiful samples online.

You only need to pay a 20% down payment and after a week you can see your own oil portrait online.

You can then ask for modifications if you want. I''ve ordered a painting for my wife for our anniversary and she just loved it."

re: " painting"

This is a forum for artists and people who appreciate art. The thread u posted your advertisement on is for comments about Kirby's paintings, not ads or SPAM.
Thanks, ST

edited for spelling correction.

[ Edited by: sneakytiki 2006-09-26 11:44 ]

Hey Kirby!
great hangin with you at the Tikis and Terrors2 show! It was great seeing Babytangs in person!Can't wait for the next event so I can rock your pendant! You're a great guy and artist! Keep it up man! What's up with that post about paint your life? Went and checked out their site...Your site is better,and Much more Tiki than theirs! Anyways, hope to see you at some upcoming gigs! Any scoop on the Spooky Luau? And also, get to more painting man, always a pleasure to see what your crazy mind sets to canvas or wood!Now mush!

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2006-09-26 09:15 ]

On 2006-09-25 09:12, Sneakytiki wrote:
re: " painting"

This is a forum for atists and people who appreciate art. The thread u posted your advertisement on is for comments about Kirby's paintings, not ads or SPAM.  

Thanks, ST

you're a lot more diplomatic than me, st. i sent that guy a pm calling him an a-hole.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Sep 26, 2006 12:39 PM

That must be a form-letter you send out. The only PM you sent GROG called GROG an a-hole, too. :)

K
kirby posted on Sun, Nov 12, 2006 4:02 PM

This is my newest painting im callin it skullyvalcano for now, it comes with a skullpendent...
12x24 acrylic on canvas

here is the lil skull pendent

H
hewey posted on Sun, Nov 12, 2006 5:23 PM

Looks great man :)

"Painting" is spam. They have programmes that set up usernames on forums and post spam automatically.

H

Kirby, I wish those skull tikis were larger, like regular skull size. The small one looked great.

I really dig your work kirby! The color useage in all of your works is great!

K

hells yes brother! beauty!

are you headed to figure drawing tonight? i may be there - gotta see but maybe i'll see you!
ALOOOHA!

hey that tiki you gave me swings from my rear view mirror next to my benzart and some pukas!

K
kirby posted on Mon, Nov 13, 2006 4:56 PM

thanks guys..kooche i dont think i can make it but mabey wednesday...

Kirby,
It was great seeing this one in person at the Tonga Hut. It's one of your strongest paintings. Are you gonna do anymore with an attached "tiki head"? I think it would be a unique and cool series: paintings with matching pendants!

K

i'm there tonight and wed - see you when i see you bro!

Nice peice Kirby! Ditto what everyone else said about the color and the pendant.

ST

K
kirby posted on Mon, Mar 26, 2007 5:31 PM

a new painting i have been workin on, Im just callin it "skulkap" for now.. I am also planning on carving a frame and pendent for it as soon as i get some commision stuff done..

I also reworked my "heads for sale" painting and added a frame...
mahalo...kirby

Kirby's Island.com****The Tiki Adventure

[ Edited by: kirby 2007-03-26 19:41 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 117 replies