Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Hukilau 2006...we're almost there!

Pages: 1 26 replies

Instead of trying to reply to dozens of emails regarding this years event I thought it was time to make an announcement.

The site is almost ready. We're going through a few minor last minute details that actually make a huge difference in the grand scheme of the event. We're looking at some point next week.

I would like to take a moment to thank Humuhumu, she's been so patient with us and has designed an amazing website for 2006. Just wait 'til you see it!

So, sign up for news if you haven't already and keep lookin' here on TC for more info!

Holding breath until next week... :wink:

U

You know, I've been checking for updates on the Hukilau website and Tiki Central for weeks now! I can't wait to hear the details!! We made it to Hukilau 2004 but were among those scared away by the hurricane. Our quick evacuation meant that we missed the Mai Kai! :( In 2005 our boy Rhodes was born (the EPT at Hukilau 2004 told us he was coming!) and we just couldn't make it. But Bliss and I wouldn't miss it for the world this year! We're coming from Detroit and bringing the Rhodester and his Ad Hoc Nanny with us. WOO HOO!!!!!

H

The best part of working on the website this year is that I've gotten a sneak peek at what Kiliki's got up her sleeve -- and it has had me so completely excited. October cannot come quickly enough.

U

The website can't come quickly enough! HAHAHA You're killing me. Bring on the Hukilau!

Ooh! OOOH! squeak

We're signed up. Couldn't do the NW TikiCrawl OR the Oasis this year so darn it...we are hoping to make Hukilau!!! MEOW!!!!!!

Come on now. The suspense is killing me!!

How long does it take to build a website!!?? :)

Arrrrr!!!

Hukilau!!!

tapping fingers......

Is this why Humuhumu hasn't been updating Humu Kon Tiki? :wink:

Oh well, it's certainly a worthy cause. Can't wait to see it.

All Humuhumu's sites look great!

Keep your eyes peeled to TC on 6/1/06!!! That's all I'm gonna say!

Suspence always gets me sooo excited...

C

Tiki Kiliki-

What happens on June 1st?

MG

Anyone into skinny dipping?

H

On 2006-05-30 09:31, RevBambooBen wrote:

Not all that long, but creating a four-day event for hundreds & hundreds of people? Now, that takes some time. Kiliki & her organizers have been working very hard with musicians, performers, hotels, venues, the Mai-Kai, creating the schedule, etc., etc., and there have been a lot of "i"s to dot and "t"s to cross before it can all be announced. The website is the first visual manifestation of the event, but the effort in building the website is just a pittance compared to all the effort that Kiliki has had to make to get it all together!

Soon... very, very soon...

Kiliki and her crew are contemporary artists extrordinare..! We are but only the rum-soaked palate upon which they create...create....crap musta blacked out..How'd I get back to my room??? Ahhh, Life can be good...:)

Swamp

On 2006-05-31 15:44, Humuhumu wrote:

On 2006-05-30 09:31, RevBambooBen wrote:

Not all that long, but creating a four-day event for hundreds & hundreds of people? Now, that takes some time. Kiliki & her organizers have been working very hard with musicians, performers, hotels, venues, the Mai-Kai, creating the schedule, etc., etc., and there have been a lot of "i"s to dot and "t"s to cross before it can all be announced. The website is the first visual manifestation of the event, but the effort in building the website is just a pittance compared to all the effort that Kiliki has had to make to get it all together!

Soon... very, very soon...

I was JOKING!!! Arrrr!!!

( one of these daze I will have a real website too!!

Joking again!!) :wink:!

When is the 1st?

So.... its not really the last hukilau?

[ Edited by: Chip and Andy 2009-06-05 17:59 ]

H

On 2006-06-01 14:05, Chip and Andy wrote:
Suspense is killing me? Can I open it yet? Can I? Can I? (What is the emoticon for jumping up and down?)

This one is close:

C

OK everybody. If you don't sit in your bed and act like good children (doggies), I will personally come to your house and make a mess of your oven, while I'm in Ft. Lauderdale.

AND, you will all get a Zoloft chaser, via Express Mail, in the meantime (WHICH IS ONE OF MANY THINGS I THINK WOULD BE HELPFUL).

:)

H

It's so close, I can smell it...

and it smells like falernum. Velvet Falernum, I think.

J

Another gem of a site Humuhumu and delivered right on time (it's still June 1st!).

Hukilau is live!

B
bungy posted on Tue, Jun 27, 2006 7:35 AM

I can't figure out how to see about a "Table" for this FUN event.. to have "View From The Top of the Mast Book avalable at Trade Show! Am trying my best to get it by Aug.. but it is looking dim, can't believe there are so many little problems involved in this "production"!
I am booking my flight and hotel SOON, and looking forward to meeting y'all!!!
Auntie Bungy

C

Bungy-

If you're trying to book a vendor table, please go to http://www.TheHukilau.com . In the left-hand column, click on "VENDORS" and all the information about becoming a Hukilau 2006 vendor will be displayed, with easy-to-follow instructions.

The Hukilau 2006 is a multi-event weekend, focussing on interactive, move-about-the-room, socializing and entertainment. At this time, assigned seating and tables are not part of the scene (but thanks for the idea!).

I hope this answers your questions. Anytime you have a question please feel free to contact us directly by clicking on the "NEED HELP?" link, displayed just below that same "VENDORS" link. We can probably get you a faster response!

Mahalo!

On 2006-06-27 07:35, bungy wrote:
I can't figure out how to see about a "Table" for this FUN event.. to have "View From The Top of the Mast Book avalable at Trade Show! Am trying my best to get it by Aug.. but it is looking dim, can't believe there are so many little problems involved in this "production"!
I am booking my flight and hotel SOON, and looking forward to meeting y'all!!!
Auntie Bungy

This is it!
Aunt Bungy and Mai Kai's 50th.
Ya Baby!

Shit Ben, help her out. :D

Pages: 1 26 replies