Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

2nd Annual 'OnaTiki Mele 7/1/06 San Diego

Pages: 1 2 69 replies

O

Please join us....
Saturday, July 1st, 2006

Time: 1:00pm to whenever....

We'll have kaluha pig, mac salad and plenty of puu puus. Bring something for the BBQ if you wish.

We'll also have various cocktails for your tasting pleasure. Several guest bartenders. Anyone who wants to be a guest bartender, please let us know.

Bring your bathing suit for splashing around in the waterfall. Children are welcome!!

We have room for a few tents on the lawn, possibly many more at the neighbors and there are several hotels nearby. PM us if you need info on them.

Please RSVP so we have a head count for the food & booze. If you don't already have our address, let us know when you RSVP and we'll PM it to you.

Hope you can make it!!!

Aloha,
'OnaTiki & Moki

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2006-06-26 07:43 ]

H

I am going to do my bestest :) to show up this time I promise. Even if I have to take Amtrak.....Are you far from the station?

me + 1 = 2

The Whale Rider and I will be there. Can you PM me your address and maybe some possible hotels in your area if its not to much trouble.
Thanks,
Spermy

Mrs. Fury & I will be there for sure! The Amtrack Coastliner is the only way to fly on a holiday weekend. I will guest bartend & Mickee will bring the Hawaiian meatballs again. Hope to see you all there.

IN

Will guest bartend if it fits in to the party schedule

[ Edited by: monkeyman 2006-05-28 19:14 ]

Count us in.

In + 1

Hey Ona & Moki
Determined to make it this time----already have a room reserved at the Loma Lodge----really looking forward to your shindig and seeing all my California tiki ohana again.

Cheers~~Cousin Dave

Wouldn't miss it!

Ona!
I am 75% in(8 hour drive you know).
Save me a tent space.

Pencil me in + 1.5.

On 2006-05-30 10:39, Unga Bunga wrote:
Ona!
I am 75% in(8 hour drive you know).
Save me a tent space.

Where is the other 25% going?

On 2006-05-30 11:04, Monkeyman wrote:

Where is the other 25% going?

Reserved to kickin a certain someone's ass. :)

allthough I posted in the old thread, I update my "IN" here also.
Can I share a little patch of grass with Unga ,for my tent?
I won't bring the 8 man tent like I broight to Al's house before.
That sucked trying to set up, drunk at 1 am in the morning.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

C

Hello and we are still in!

N

Nicktiki, Mrs. Nicktiki and the little Tiki Mag Man are in.

We're there

Bump

I'm there. PM the directions from P.B. Maybe Mrs. NoNaMe can come up too. We walk are greys at 4pm. We will come up and introduce ourselves between 1 and 3. I may ride my bike back up. So's I don't have to drive back home. :wink:

By the way, the lamp looks great over my bar.

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2006-06-26 07:42 ]

M
Moki posted on Sun, Jun 25, 2006 1:25 PM

Classy!!

L

reminds me of when a haole comes to the house and ya ask; "eh brah. hemo da shoes, eh?!"
and they reply;
" I'll walk in yer house with shoes if I want. I can do whatever I want in your house! No one tells me what to do, even if requested nicely."
To invoke a demand for the cliched aloha spirit as an excuse for white arrogance is the worst form of Polynesian plundering.

[ Edited by: lanikai 2006-06-25 13:59 ]

M

We'll definitely be there and will be taking a guest bartending spot sometime in the late afternoon. We're mixing our new favorite drink...you'll have to show up to find out what that is. For those of you on the fence about going to this party...DO NOT MISS IT! We've had the privilege of spending quite a bit of time at the 'Ona Tiki Lounge and words cannot describe it adequately...it must be experienced. It's worth the drive from wherever you are!

Plus, you will not find anyone who has a greater true "spirit of aloha" than Moki and 'Ona. I've never met anyone more open, giving, and understanding than them. Looking forward to another great event!

ModMana :drink:

RSVP - It looks like it's me plus 1 and a half.

thank goodness for the high road. Looking forward to the event.

I'd like to thank Ric and Monica for actually allowing me to come back to their house, especially after what happened the last time I was there. Who knew one small girl could throw up for so many hours.

I can't wait for Saturday. Oh, and I promise to eat something before I start drinking. :wink:

DZ

Geez - I'm makin' all these plans for the weekend and I just realized that we've yet to RSVP!

The Good Doctor and Pandora will be there!

M
Moki posted on Sun, Jun 25, 2006 7:30 PM

So glad so many of you guys can make it down.

Kate-I'll be sure to keep snacks close for you at all times and keep you away from any cocktails that Kick the Reverb is mixing. They are pretty strong :wink:

See you Saturday.

A week away and I haven't yet "répondez s'il vous plaît'ed" ?!

You KNOW I'll be there! With food, booze or whatever else you need me to bring! Just say the word!

To add my 2 cents in with ModMana....Ona and Moki's place is something to behold. The fact that it's built, owned and operated by two of the sweetest people I've ever met might also have something to do with never wanting to miss an invite there either. :wink:

They are what my Granpa would've called "good people". Simple words that speak volumes.

See you all there!

Oh man I wish I could attend this... It was actually a link to Ona's thread about the house remodel and the building of the tiki bar that first brought me to TC. I'd love to see it in person, and meet some fellow tiki-philes. If I didn't have to work that night, I would seriously consider just hoping in the car and driving there early Saturday morning, assuming there was room for one more.

Maybe I can make it next year :(

Chris

Oh boy is this gonna be great!!!! Counting the days.

O

Kona Chris there is always room for one more, If you change your mind,come on over..

[ Edited by: OnaTiki 2006-06-26 11:33 ]

TB

On 2006-06-25 14:34, ModMana wrote:

...Plus, you will not find anyone who has a greater true "spirit of aloha" than Moki and 'Ona. I've never met anyone more open, giving, and understanding than them.

ABSOLUTELY!

For those that are willing to take the time (and expense) to put on a party for their fellow TCers new and old with warmth and friendliness we nominate Moki & OnaTiki as great practitioners of the Aloha Spirit! The amount of preparation before and clean-up after can be overwhelming. We salute everyone that have their regular parties to keep us entertained between the bigger events.

I will be mixing up "The Bong-Water Cocktail" for the brave souls willing to attempt it. For the sissies I will shake up a Cactus Cooler. Don't miss this party.....see you there!

Mr & Mrs Bong-o-Fury

Please count in Mr. and Mrs. Satan's Sin, and thank you for the extremely kind invitation. I won't bring that horrible blue-colored ready-made Bacardi "zombie" mix like I did last time, but something actually drinkable this time.

Thanks again Ric for the invite, I will thinking of you and everyone at the Tiki Party as I spend the weekend in Virgina on business...Sigh.....

Have fun!!!

Amy

Manana

Hey guys I was thinkin of going can you PM directions . Regards Tyger

MG

I'll be there at some point.... See ya!

MG

On 2006-05-25 21:17, WooHooWahine wrote:

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2006-06-26 07:43 ]

WooHoo!..... What's up with all the blank posts??? Are you going or not!

N

What a great time!! It was fun to see everybody. Food and drinks were outstanding! Ric and Monica's house is a must see if you're ever in San Diego. Also, Ric and Monica are about as good as it gets. Thanks for throwing a great party.

Nick

WOW! The Whale Rider and I had a great time last night. We both want to THANK OnaTiki and Moki for being some of the nicest coolest folks around!! Also I want to send a big mahalo out to all the bartenders Monkeyman, Bongofury, Modmana, Kick the Reverb, Ali-i, and Onatiki for keeping us good and liquored up!!! All the drinks were superb!! Moki thankyou for the delicious food. I also thought it was great to see everybody I swear we have the best times ever. I cant wait for the next get together!!!
Aloha,
Spermy

Hey guys whata great time, your House ROCKS I hada Blast seein everyone .Food Drinks just Cruzzin .Got home at just about 1 dip into the pool my Daughter woke up got her milk and she was a Happy camper too see me home . Any way take care all and have a great 4 th . see everyone soon Tyger .

TB

Anybody have pics of the party?

TBird

C

please share your pics.... I must live vicariously through y'alls posts. Bummed I could not make it down. Stoked y'all had a great time.
Moki and Ona are # 1. As for the guest bartenders...Damn!

Chongolio

M

a wonnaful a wonnaful a wonnaful.....

-Refreshing Drinks, Bongwater, Suffering Bastards, Monkeypods, Beachbums Own, Mai Tais.
-Deeelicious Meatballs, Kahlua Pork, Hawaiian Mac, Egg Rolls, Pineapple Cakes, 7 layer Dip, Cookies, Chips, Artichoke Dip...
-Excellent weather.... Footwear Optional, No Jackets Required
-Standing/Sitting in the fountain under the waterfall.
-Lots of ambience, Wonderful Lamps...
-Custom Screened Ona Tiki Drinking Glasses.
-Top Notch party goers.

Its just keeps getting better.

Thanks to our terrific hosts and to all others who helped make it a special 10 hour party......

Pages: 1 2 69 replies