Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Central's Tiki Crawl 6: July 21-23! (The crawl is over!)

Pages: 1 2 3 112 replies

T

Friday had been designated a "Spare the Air" day in the SF Bay area.

What does this have to do with the crawl?

It means FREE Bus and Bart rides all day.

From the Air Quality folks:
Tomorrow, Friday, July 21, is a Spare the Air Day in the San Francisco Bay Area. Ground-level ozone air pollution is forecast to exceed 100 AQI (Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups) tomorrow.

The Air District, MTC, buses, ferries, Caltrain and BART are offering FREE commutes all day on this sixth "Spare the Air" weekday! For details, go to http://www.511.org. This is the final budgeted Free Fare Day of the summer!

Just an hour and a half left till the official start of the Tiki Weekend in South Bay Thursday!

Tonight's schedule is:

6:00 - 6:30 -- PNG Sculpture Garden at Stanford
6:30 - 8:30 -- Trader Vic's in Palo Alto
8:30 - 10:00 -- Martini Monkey at the San Jose Airport, Terminal C
10:00 - whenever -- Smoke Tiki in San Jose

Check out more details on the schedule here.

Can't wait to see you all!

Hanford

Sadly, I won't be able to make the crawl at all this year.
I've moved yet AGAIN & have never been so broke in my whole life.
This would've been my fifth year in a row & I'm really bummed.
Have a great time & please hoist one for me!

Tonight is day Two -- [ukl=http://www.tikicentral.com/misc/locations.php#22]'Frisco Friday[/url]

Here's today's schedule:

3:30 - 5:00 Trad'r Sam
5:00 - 7:30 Tonga Room
7:30 - 9:30 Bamboo Hut
9:30 - Close San Francisco Trader Vic's!

M

*hanford_lemoore wrote:
Tonight is day Two -- 'Frisco Friday

Here's today's schedule:

3:30 - 5:00 Trad'r Sam
5:00 - 7:30 Tonga Room
7:30 - 9:30 Bamboo Hut
9:30 - Close San Francisco Trader Vic's!

I am on my way to Forbidden Island in 1/2 hour! Damn the Liver, full speed ahead. See, it's spare the air day, not spare my liver day. I wasn't supposed to live this long anyway. So, in a sense, I'm playing with house money. Double down!

Mr. Contrarian,
cpt. "Wrong Way" midnite

M

Mr Zazz, Inky and 3 extra friends will be there this weekend!!! ZAZZ!

CL

Thanks Hanford and Humu for a fabulous Tiki Crawl. I know how much work went into it. Much appreciated!!! I had a great time.

The Crawl is complete! Thanks to everyone!

T

I'd like to add my thanks to the many.

Off to critiki now to rate all those places!

S

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU everyone who made the crawl happen again this year!!!
Forgive me if I forget anyone, since those mai tais and forbidden islands were flowing freely!!!
Thanks to Humu and Hanford for setting everything up and passportin' everyone!!
Thanks to my partner in goodie bag crime- Miss Suzanne. Pea loves the hair flowers! Hope everyone else did too, and is still wearing them!
Thanks to Mig and Melanie that drove me all over and let me crash at their faboo home with their puppies I'm in love with!
Thanks to Jason who doesnot have a tiki name yet that I know of, for gittin Pea schnockered and for wearing 2 TWO of Suzannes flowers all day Saturday! wheeeeeeee
Thanks to Martin for having such a super cool bar!
Thanks to Bill from florida and D'oh yer friend( how did I fergit his name??) for driving us around clown car style on Friday!
Chongholio, cause he always makes me laugh! And Crazy Al, and awwwwwww, geeeez, I'm not naming any more names, cause I'll just name everyone that was there!!!!! hahaha
just wanted y'all to know that I had a great time, and I miss everyone already!!!!!!!
Pix coming, I'm a slow mo with this digital camera stuff
Thanks again!!!
Pea

CL

Sweetpea and Miss Suzanne. Coco loves her hair flowers too! Loved the soaps and umbrellas too. Thank you so much for the goodie bags! Suzanne, I STILL want to hear that restaurant story. :D

[ Edited by: Coco Loco 2006-07-27 18:00 ]

Sorry I missed out on all the fine cocktail swilling, I am missing my good buddy Mr. Smiley too, so I was just checking in to get a good dose of tiki love.

Zazz, I love you. See you in Vegas.

Freekyteekee
aka
Barbzilla

S

On 2006-07-27 18:00, Coco Loco wrote:
Sweetpea and Miss Suzanne. Coco loves her hair flowers too! Loved the soaps and umbrellas too. Thank you so much for the goodie bags! Suzanne, I STILL want to hear that restaurant story. :D

If you are at FI tomorrow, I'll be happy to tell you the whole thing!

Suzanne

CL

You're on! :)

S

Kaiser Penguin's intrepid reporter, Adam, writes in about the tiki crawl including photos and an original drink from Forbidden Island.

http://www.kaiserpenguin.com/tiki-crawl-vi/

H

That's a fantastic write-up, thanks so much for sharing it!

B
Buster posted on Sun, Aug 6, 2006 6:38 PM

And who were those handsome guys pictured with the mystery bowl ? Anyone I know :wink:

Pages: 1 2 3 112 replies