Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Hawaii article

Pages: 1 8 replies

The latest issue of National Geographic has an article by Paul Theroux about native Hawaiians rediscovering their culture. Check it out on the Web at http://magma.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0212/feature1/index.html

--cynner (NG subscriber since 1982!)

D

I was about to post about that. I found the article quite interesting.

I've also been a National Geographic reader since I was a kid - but it was only to see the native's boobs!

Which brings up a point. Why is it OK to show 'primative cultures' breasts and not, say... Pamala Anderson's (or Baxdogs)?

Becuz primitive breasts are real???

On 2002-12-13 14:12, Tiki_Bong wrote:
I've also been a National Geographic reader since I was a kid - but it was only to see the native's boobs!

Hahaha! Granny got me a subscription when I was in the sixth grade. Reading NG for 20 years makes you really good at Trivial Pursuit. 8)

Which brings up a point. Why is it OK to show 'primative cultures' breasts and not, say... Pamala Anderson's (or Baxdogs)?

I think it's OK to show them if they are what Western culture considers unattractive.

--cindy

it6 should be a very intresting read

sorry there is no "6" in the word it

The old mini-series Shaka Zulu is a good example of how racist and one sided our American media has become. African women with naked breasts flying all over the place on prime time T.V. while producers & sponsers are getting up-tight about Suzanne Sommers' breasts on "Three's Company". Gee whiz...is there too much jiggle...too much cleavage...I dunno, let's just not take any chances and cancel the show. I so hate Amerikan T.V. I could puke.

"I think it's OK to show them if they are what Western culture considers unattractive"

Then mine are billboard material.
The snaps on this bra are so difficult.
How about a movie of Baxdog staring at
Pamela's boobs? Is that OK?

Pages: 1 8 replies