Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Photos of Ladies at Tiki Establishment-IMAGE HEAVY

Pages: 1 2 55 replies

Sven/Sabu - I just posted an architectural rendering of the exterior of this place over on my Tiki Architecture blog.

The rendering shows the Dobbs House Luau logo on the entrance canopy, which supports the invoice and photo Sven found at OA.

Wunnerful! Love it when the pieces of the puzzle come together! Mahalo to O.A., too, of course they were involved with the place, like any other Polynesian hideaway between Anaheim and Alaska. Ooh the pain of the ignorant drive-by, I know it well. Mahalo and Happy New Year, Mike ! :)

Zulu Magoo,

Outstanding post on the Anaheim Dobbs House Luau, great find on the architectural renderings. Now Sabu needs to re-post the rest of those photos from the brochure.

Bigbro,

I will check for dates on my Dobb's House stuff to see if I can get some time-frames on the operation of the chain. It is odd that the Anaheim location never shows up on any of the advertising.

DC

Look what I just scored, and oversized postcard from the Holiday Inn at Disneyland!

Here is a close up of the building and Dobbs House restaurant entrance.

The restaurant interior.

And a mod looking hotel room, that's a lot of Orange!.

The purple shirt on the guy almost looks like one of the old Tiki Room host shirts.

Cool!

DC

I found another double postcard mailer from the Holiday Inn at Disneyland.

This one has a photo of the Ships Lounge

Another way-out room.

The pool scene (what's with the guy in the back with slacks and no shirt?)

Rendering of the brand new Convention Center and Angel Stadium.

Back of the card.

I also found an image of Sabu's original brochure page.

Sure wish the original photos from Matterhorn that started this thread were still here.

DC

Man, that Holiday Inn is so cool. How many people would look at that, snicker, and declare it dated. Yet it looks better than most places today.

Thanks for posting it.

What the ? I found another postcard from the Holiday Inn at Disneyland with a few more different views.

The Polynesian Room

And the Ships Lounge.

DC

That Holiday Inn is where I stay when I hit Disneyland.
I wish it still looked like that. I'd go more often.

Pages: 1 2 55 replies