Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

One-Of-A-Kind Tiki Mugs By Your Favorite Artists

Pages: 1 2 92 replies

D

It's that time again!

EVERY DAY until the show, I will post a question right here. The first person to reply with the correct answer, will recieve the prize of the day. Please reply in the "Post Reply" section not by PM so that everone can see it. I will reply when the correct answer is given. Only one rule- you can only win once. Gotta give everyone a chance. So here we go with.......

DATIKI'S CHALENGE

question: According to "The Book Of Tiki", what is the first and last name of the man who is as the "Original Beachcomber"?

prize: "Warrior" original art thingy made by yours truely And a Sam Gambino shot glass.

[ Edited by: DaTiki 2006-06-10 12:12 ]

P

eli hedley?

[ Edited by: pdrake 2006-06-10 12:22 ]

P

On 2006-06-10 12:16, pdrake wrote:
eli hedley?

pg 74 while carving the aku aku moai.
[ Edited by: pdrake 2006-06-10 12:22 ]

D

Wow, that was quick! You got it. PM me your shipping name and address and I'll send off your prizes. See ya tomorrow!

D

Here we go again!

DATIKI'S CHALENGE

question: In 1956, Leroy Schmaltz founded Oceanic Arts, an emporium of Oceanic exotica in Whitter, California with his partner ____________.

prize: $15.00 DvA Gallery gift certificate and a Tiki Farm Mini Man Chu Tiki Double Shot Mug

Good Luck!

[ Edited by: DaTiki 2006-06-11 13:59 ]

bob van oosting, courtesy of sven's book of tiki!

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2006-06-11 14:07 ]

D

You guys are good! I need to start making these questions a little tougher I see. See you again tomorrow.

D

Back again!

DATIKI'S CHALENGE

question: How many paintings make up Shag's "Night Of The Tiki" series?

prize: Signed copy of "Tiki Art Now" by 6 featured artists including Heather Watts, Mitch O'Connell, Rod Filbrandt, Mark Pilon, Dave Krys and Tom Bagley.

Good Luck!

15?

D

You got it! PM me your name and address and I'll get your prize out to you. Congrats!

T

dang, I keep forgetting to check in on the questions.

D

Here is todays...

DATIKI CHALLENGE

Question: Produced in a limited edition of 100 (50 per color) in 2003 exclusively for a Los Angeles based gallery owner, what ceramic item manufactured by Tiki Farm was not related in any way to "Tiki" and what were the 2 glaze colors?

Prize: Tiki Farm Warrior t-shirt and a Sam Gambino Shot Mug

Good luck!

Oh boy...here's goes a W.A.G.

Billy Shire, of La Luz de Jesus Gallery-(Wacko/Soap Plant)

"The Billy Bank" sculpted by Squid

Glaze colors got me stumped...gray and white??? Dang!

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

D

Good enough. Grey and white though???? You attached a picture of it in purple??? The other color is green. Congrats.

Whooo Hooo!!! Ho geev'um brah, green and purple... exactly the kool-aid colors swirling in my mind?!? Ooooh boy, yeah right?

Mahaloz DaTiki and best with the Gala this weekend!!!

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

D

DATIKI'S CHALLENGE

question: What is the name of the character resting uptop the roof of the Bali Hai Restaurant in Shelter Island, CA?

prize: Kalifornia Ku Tiki Farm Mug

The Goof

TT

The Goof on the Roof

D

Way to go Sperm Whale. PM me your info and I'll ship out your mug. Congrats.

[ Edited by: The Sperm Whale 2006-06-14 21:49 ]

Cool Thanks!!!!!!!

D

Back again!

DATIKI'S CHALENGE

question: According to the "Book Of Tiki", what Malibu restaurant was a favorite hangout of local beachcombers and surfer crowd until its motel began to attract drugs and prostitution? By the 1980's, Tiki had left the building.

prize: Signed copy of "Tiki Art Now" by 6 featured artists including Heather Watts, Mitch O'Connell, Rod Filbrandt, Mark Pilon, Dave Krys and Tom Bagley.

Good Luck!

Tonga Lei ?

D

You got it Rodeo! PM me your info and I'll get your prize in the mail. See you tomorrow for the FINAL challenge.

D

Here it is.. the last

DATIKI'S CHALENGE

question: I am a Japanese. "Blank Blank" of Tiki Farm is looked for. Please sell "Blank Blank".

prize: My mug "Black Mamba".

David van Alphen

Everything will be up on the website for sale Sunday morning. Good Luck and thank you all for the support. Cheers,

David van Alphen
DvA Gallery
DaTiki

Island Chief

T

Mr. G is an Asian artist that Tiki Farm works with.

Two words that fit in the blank blank

D

Keep trying. I will respond when the right answer is given and remember, you can only win at the DaTiki Challenge once.

Green & Purple! Green & Purple!!

DANG! I'm an idiot....flip-flOp-flipPp

D

Ha! Good one.

T

king konga

T

Calypsojoe wrote IN 2004 the pharse,"iI am a Japanese. king konga of TIKI farm is looked for. Please sell king konga.

and he is from Japan

[ Edited by: teaKEY 2006-06-16 12:11 ]

[ Edited by: teaKEY 2006-06-16 12:12 ]

D

Damn you guys are good. Congrats teaKEY. PM me your info and I'll shipp your mug out to you.

Thanks again to everyone else who played and I will definitely be doing it again next year. Holden's already getting ready and so should you!

T

thanks, I never win anything. It has been the first time that I got on here after your posts DaTiki. I have enjoyed the game and the great art you posted

SsweeetT sleuthing teaKEY!!! Aloha

D

No problem. Take care with Black Mamba. She bites!!!!!!

D

Just wanted to thank everyone who came out for the event. I had a great time and I hope you did as well. See you again soon. Also, all of the artwork from the show is up on the website and available for purchase. http://www.dvagallery.com/jun06.htm Cheers,

David van Alphen
DvA Gallery
DaTiki

congratulations on putting on such a fantastic show, datiki! i hope no one accuses me of being greedy for snapping up several pieces of amazing modern tiki art. :) the artist mugs were a great idea, and i love every one. bigtime mahaloz for posting the pics here and offering them to tcers first.

D

My pleasure. You guys are awesome to work with.

Kudos DaTiki!
Chokest mahaloz to letting TC ohana play in da games and cruizin for mugz was like makin' da show! HOT STUFF in the summertime...and speaking of hot stuff, I wanna share my treasure with the peeps!!!

Donella Vitale: 'Exotic Idol'

Okole Maluna!
"Bone-dry with a wedgie twist!"

Cheers David!!!

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

T

Travelling, you got that one?, so much life and attitude.

If I had the means, I would get all the mugs I could. If you can't say that then you aren't a true tiki-head. That Flounder one was the best of show again. Its like two pieces of art in one (with the Shag print and all). It goes to show you what amazing artist Flounder is cause you aren't looking at the shirt, your looking at those eyes.

Still mugs for sale. Looks to have been the best Midwest show in a long while. I always feel left out of what is going on in the west-coast but look e here.

it was a great show, and the mugs were incredible in person.....so many great ones.....hope the mug cutomizing becomes part of dva's tiki show every year!

D

It definitely will. New and better every year. Just remember who started it when everyone else jumps on the band wagon! Big THANKS to Holden at Tiki Farm too, whom without, it wouldn't have been possible.

R

I got my prize in the mail today.
Thankyou so much , its awesome!!!
Hope to one day see the gallery in person or better yet have a piece in it.

Once again a huge Mahalo.

Pages: 1 2 92 replies