Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Club starting at The famed

Pages: 1 25 replies

As I'm sure you are all aware that the new tiki hot spot is called "The VooDoo Room" in the heart of West Hollywood, We are ready to take this tiki thing to the next step!! The Voodoo Room will be hosting a Friday night
"MEMBERS ONLY" club for "Tiki's" and and people who love them. It will be a place to come dressed in your favorite tiki outfit, be tiki, talk tiki, drink tiki and eat tiki and who knows maybe hook up and find the tiki man/woman of your tiki dreams!! This will be a once a week event where tiki fans can come get together and enjoy themselves with other people with similar intrest. So come and enjoy yourselves and cuddle up next to the fireplace while enjoying our famed "Lava Lamp" invented by yours truly "Aloha Sammy" listening to the most recent tiki collection in our tiki music library or tease your pallete with ourever popular Weeping Tiger skirt steak with ginger and cilantro sauce, or even better yet be served by a real live Pin-up girl "Cherry Divine"!!

The club will start this Friday Night June 2nd at 7:30 and it goes on all night!! To make reservations please call "The VooDoo Room" at 310-657-4832

P.S. Please make sure to bring your Tiki Mugs!!!!!

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore - Removed slashes from subject - 2006-06-08 20:01 ]

What's the address? Can you post any photos of the place? Is there a cover charge? What kind of drinks are on the menu?

just curious....

yeesh..now we have to bring our own mugs? what next??.....just buy a bunch from dynasty or tiki farm to have on hand. and call it done...

P

The VooDoo Room
8948 Santa Monica Boulevard, West Hollywood, CA 90069; 310.657.4832

Located on the corner of Robertson Boulevard and Santa Monica Boulevard in the heart of West Hollywood, the VooDoo Room attempts to entice the hard-core “tikiphile” and the latest "scenester," alike. Walls are lined with Oceanic art masks, outside, tiki torches await on the patio. Drinks are served in special tiki mugs, while the menu includes tapas style selections with a variety of meat and vegetable selections.

I would like to add that YES!!! We do have our own Tiki mugs!! But there is nothing like having mugs on display that no one can touch except for you guys!!! Our drinks range from "Traditional" tiki to new one's like the one I invented called the "Lava Lamp" you have to see it to believe it!! The passion fruit chi chi, The Blackberry Mojito and no it doesn't come with a text message!! We also have a Mango Monkey Farm Martini, Prickly Pear Martini (Yes I said Prickly Pear), also the ever Popular VooDoo Room signature drinks "The VooDoo Doll" "The Tiki *#@! Around" and "The Dirty Rotten Scoundrel" and those are just to name a few. So get ready to become a Tiki Socialite Friday Nights at "The VooDoo Room" See you there!!!

Aloha Sammy

On 2006-05-31 23:07, AlohaSammy wrote:
Our drinks range from "Traditional" tiki to new one's ...
Aloha Sammy

Greetings Aloha Sammy,
After being burned on lousy drinks at other establishments I have put together some questions (ver1.4a) to ask in advance in order to determine if your bar is up to speed yet.

What ingredients are in your Mai Tais? Crushed or cubed ice? Fresh mint garnish?
Do you use fresh squeezed limes? If not, what is the source of the lime.

For other drinks, What brand of Falernum do you use. What types of Demerara Rum do you stock?

Answers to these can quickly reveal potential but say nothing about execution (which has its own set of questions best answered by first hand taste tests).

Looking forward to your reply and hopefully visiting.
Thanks!

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore - fixed BB code - 2006-06-08 20:01 ]

H

I have been to Tiki Ti and have seen some of our TCers bringing their own tiki mugs. AlohaSammy I was at your place a month or so ago and I really enjoyed the service food and music that you had. Hope to see you soon one of these Fridays.

Hey guys, So here goes!! We use Cruzan flavored rums, Fresh mint, fresh lime, When I make the Mango Monkey Farm I use fresh Mango, Same with my Pinapple Martini!!!!

Aloha Sammy Mai Tai:

Dark Rum
Ligt Rum
Oj
Pinapple Juice
Creme de Noyeax
Orange Coracao
Amaretto
Floater of "GOSLINGS" dark rum (none of that meyers crap)

I dont use anything fake or preserved, or out of any guns the drinks take a good fast bartender as to not keep the customer waiting but they are all made one ingridient at a time...

Mahalo!!

C

Aloha, Aloha Sammy. Sounds good to me since I live nearby. So, what are the hours and what is the secret handshake or code we need to use to get in. Not to be a snob, but I refuse to wait in line to buy drinks.

Mahalo,

Actually I have not yet been confronted with anybody waiting for a drink yet!! It seems that the drinking thing is pretty under control!! So come on in and say "I'd like to get VooDoo'd please??" Remember the more the merrier!! So let's make it an every Friday night occasion!!!

Aloha Sammy

Aloha, AlohaSammy,

I'll probably be in the house tonight.

PS- I always advise to roll with your own tiki mug. Not all tiki bars offer them, although the Voodoo Room does.

On 2006-06-01 12:43, caddio wrote:
Aloha, Aloha Sammy. Sounds good to me since I live nearby. So, what are the hours and what is the secret handshake or code we need to use to get in. Not to be a snob, but I refuse to wait in line to buy drinks.

Mahalo,

Welcome, Cadido, I think the secret code is "aloha."

But lighten-up. How often can you stroll into TikiTi, without waiting in line, and then, without waiting get a drink?

WoooHooooo! TGIF!!! Soccer Tiki and I are in :)

Thanks to all of you who enjoyed the VooDoo Room last night!! It was so awesome to see all of you TIKI's in your tiki form, I'd like to extend a special tiki WELCOME to WoooooooooHooooooooooooo Wahine!!!! and SoccerTiki for making the night especially spectacular you guys are the best!! Let's say we do it again next week!!! This weeks theme was TIKI MUGS next weeks theme is going to be WHAT????? Please let's have a chat about it decide on a theme and give me some ideas for next week.

The topic also came up of having a President and Vice, eventually we'd like to become an official "Club" and actually have these gatherings to not just look at each other being tiki but to actually have goals in our tikiness ie: (charity tiki balls) (fund-raisers) ect. ect. ect...and we'll get more into that later as the club progresses into it's tiki form.

In the meantime Friday June 9th will be the next VooDoo gathering hope to see you all there!!!

Mahalo,

Aloha Sammy

WoooHooooo! Wow, what a Tiki-rrific night we had a The VooDoo Room last night. Mucho Mahlo to Aloha Sammy, Rob, & Deena for being such great hosts/hostess and to Franco, the best waiter in town. The VooDoo Room is a place you don't want to miss.
From the Music, to the Food, to the Incredible Drink Menu this place has what every Tiki Bar should have.
Rob is the King of Mixology!! I think Soccer Tiki and I became professional taste testers last night :) We started the night off with a VooDoo Doll (a vanilla, pineapple, ginger creation), next we had a Blackberry Mojito, and continued tasting drinks that were so tasty I couldn't even describe then to you.
The food they serve is a whole other topic. Everything is served tapas style. Believe me you don't want to miss out on anything on the menu :)
The restaurant itself is decked out with Bosko Tiki Masks and all kinds of goodies from Oceanic Arts. We have pictures that we will post later. Like I said earlier in this post: The VooDoo Room is a place you don't want to miss. I know Soccer Tiki and I will be there on a regular basis :) ~ WooHooWahine

OOOOPs! I forgot: The VooDoo Room has a $20 Sunday Brunch Special. Brunch is served with a complimentary Tropical Mimosa or a Bloody Mary. Refills are $3 ALL DAY!! WOOOHOOO!

[ Edited by: woohoowahine 2006-06-03 16:48 ]

H

I believe the brunch is for Sunday's only? At least that is what I was told when I was there last.

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.