Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

New Painting Series *7-18 Progress Update-page 2 Plus the carvings that inspired the paintings!*

Pages: 1 26 replies

Well, I've been working on a new series of paintings.......thought I'd share the progress! Not too keen on how they photographed but you'll get the idea!
They are all 18x36

![](http://www.suburbanpagan.com/fountain tiki.jpg)
Fountain

![](http://www.suburbanpagan.com/tiki torches.jpg)
Torches

![](http://www.suburbanpagan.com/tiki painting 3.jpg)
Lot of weird striping going on in this pic

I'm still refining them but the flavor is there I think!

This one is just under way....thought I'd move it up here so he wouldn't get lost!

[ Edited by: suburbanpagan 2006-06-05 16:27 ]

[ Edited by: suburbanpagan 2006-06-23 10:07 ]

[ Edited by: suburbanpagan 2006-06-23 10:13 ]

[ Edited by: suburbanpagan 2006-07-18 00:37 ]

[ Edited by: suburbanpagan 2006-07-18 10:47 ]

Those are cool !

Damn Ben! I am honored! Thanks!

C

Yea-yea, cool stuff SP. that waterfall tiki is a knock out!

Chongolio

Thanks Chongo! And, just to let you know, I do a lot of my work while listening to Coconut Wired! Very Inspirational!

SF

suburban, those are great. I like the tiki waterfalll and love the painterly style.
Keep up the great work.

MR

Very cool. I like the dark almost creepy feel they give off. Nice work.

Love the fountain, very cool!

Amy

R

I gotta say, the Fountain is still my favorite one. It gives off a creepy vibe that I just love!

Can't wait to see more! :)

H
hewey posted on Sat, Jun 3, 2006 12:14 AM

Cool paintings man :)

B

Way cool stuff. I think my favorite is the Torches, Love his expression!.

very very good work

Great work suburban. I especially like the fountain.

Wow! Thanks to everyone!(Swamp, Matt, Queen, ravenne, hewey, Benzart, tiki beat, cheeky!) I really appreciate it especially from such a great group of artists! It's interesting the response I've recieed towards the fountain painting. That's the only one entirely pulled out of my head! Maybe I should do more of that! The others are modelled on small scale carvings that I have been doing too.

[ Edited by: suburbanpagan 2006-06-05 16:28 ]

YOur Paintings look great!!! Thank you for sharing!!! Will you be selling them or showing anywhere like the Lucky Tiki (or something)?

Thanks for the compliments and interest Sperm Whale! I started this series for a show that I will be doing in Ventura sometime this summer. I don't have a solid date yet but I'll keep you posted! I also plan on being in my second Tikis and Terrors show at the astuART gallery in August and hopefully the Lucky TIki will be having some more shows too! Love showing at that place! When I finish these pieces I am also going to start making the really nice Giclee prints......I have access to a place that can reproduce my paintins full size! That could be interesting! We'll see where this goes!

Thanks again!

F
foamy posted on Mon, Jun 5, 2006 5:28 AM

Hey man, that's some very nice stuff. Your lighting in the paintings makes 'em! And yes, I agree with most everyone elseā€”that fountain painting has "it."

Well, here is a sneak peek behind the scenes of one of my new paintings.......I usually don't want to show them until they are further along but, since we get to see the progress on carvings, I thought it might be interesting to see the creative process concerning a painting! So, here is a small part of a painting that will evolve much over time!

H

That's awesome-very moody-makes me wanna scream wih delight!

R

Ooo very nice! I really like the whole tranquil night time feel of this. Oh, is that The Screamer I see? :)

here are the inspirations for the latest paintings.......I carved these guys from a piece of driftwood my friend gave me

![](http://www.suburbanpagan.com/mystery pond.jpg)
an update of my current painting......progress has been on the slow side lately

man are those paintings wicked. i really like them all. good job and good luck on future pieces. keep them comming

Hey sbpn, thanks for including us in your process. I'm really digging the painting and the carvings!

Hey suburban pagan!
Great work! The fountain one on page one and that third one with the lines are my favorites....until you finish this latest one.You capture that night vibe with all of its shadows and stillness! Keep up the great work!

thanks everybody.....I really appreciate it!

thanks everybody.....I really appreciate it!

R

Hey SP! Just saw the new updates, very awesome!!! Keep up the good work! :)

Pages: 1 26 replies