Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Tiki/Oceanic Postage Stamps

Pages: 1 16 replies

1980 souvenir sheets

Issues 0f 1980

[ Edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2010-12-16 16:33 ]

Stamps, the mother of all collectables! Pretty little pictures, just like matchbooks and postcards. I know quite a few of these objects from Oceanic Art books.

I've been slowly adding to my Oceanic arts/Tiki stamp collection. Here are some more that I just scanned:

Buzzy Out!

Awesome Buzzy !

Here are some first day covers for Hawaii that contain tiki imagery:

Graphics are printed on silk fabric on this one:

A couple plate blocks of the Tiki and Hawaii statehood Air Mail stamps:

Buzzy Out!

A compact cassette box. No casstte though. It was probably either government secrets or dirty talk to the mister.

A couple more:

Buzzy Out!

[ Edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2011-01-11 23:51 ]

Another Hawaii Tiki FDC:

Buzzy out!

I added some more first day covers with Tiki stamps to the collection:

Buzzy Out!

Buzz...you are the man!!! Those are all beautiful...fabulous collection.

Wow, did u mug a lil Hawaiian postman on his route?

Where do you find these? Really cool!

Buzzy - not that I need yet another hobby, but those are just too cool to pass up!

On 2012-02-28 04:28, The Blue Kahuna wrote:
Where do you find these? Really cool!

For the fancy envelopes with graphics(First Day Covers=FDC),search ebay under: Tiki FDC, Hawaii FDC, National Parks FDC, etc.

For the regular stamps, it's sometimes as easy as typing in "tiki stamps". To thoroughly find what is out there, a company called Scott's prints pages for stamp albums for each country with a black and white graphic of the stamps on them. I look at the sheets from random polynesian countries for the tiki ones and then denote the official Scott's number for it. Then I search ebay under those numbers occasionally to see what comes up. The numbers are universal, so stamp dealers generally list,sell, and organize their collections by these numbers. The US stamps are done by a different company called Minkus, with their own set of numbers.

There's also a monthly stamp show here in San Diego going on for about 20 years or so. Ebay's way easier and cheaper, though.

Buzzy Out!

A few more:

Buzzy Out!

H

Here are a couple I picked up recently that I didn't see here.

Some more French Polynesia Tiki stamps from the collection:

Buzzy Out!

Pages: 1 16 replies